• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I booked a room 2/22-2/29 at the Antler Inn with two beds hoping I could convince one of my 2 brothers to join me but it turns out they will be skiing at Squaw together during the dates of the gathering. I'm offering up the extra bed to any pugs that might either be looking to save some $ by sharing a room, are waiting for last minute to decide, have a last minute addition to their group, etc.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone interested in skiing Backcountry at Jackson?

I spent 3 days doing side country off the tram with some friends a couple seasons ago. Some stuff does not require any uphill, some requires boot packing. We also skied a day in Teton pass that was a combo of skinning and car shuttling resulting in 3K of vertical skiing, I think, with about a 1.5 K vertical skin.

Guided from the resort is just over $1,000 per person with a max of 4 people.
https://www.jacksonhole.com/backcountry.html

Might be worth it...

Though, I am wondering if anyone knows the area well enough to lead some of us. I haven't skied it enough to be confident of my navigation. Of course we would all have the required gear and I would like us to be appropriately cautious and conservative.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can't find edit button for above post. Meant to say just over $1,000 for 4 people. About $220 each.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^ Interested.

What's the chant again ... "If you don't know, don't go"! The $220 guide could be worth it.

I currently have AT boots and will bring them along in addition to my alpine boots but need to rent skis/skins.
Recommendations on shops for AT rentals plz? Unless @Philpug still has that Salomon Shift/Ski combo around and it is compatible with a 293 BSL, if so dibs on that, then rent skins, or purchase if I know what to get in advance of the gathering.
Beacon, probe, shovel/ski backpack, check, possibly rent airbag pack?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I rented some longer/fatter skis with tech bindings and skis at a shop out near the pass. Can't remember their name but they shared space with a really good coffee shop/bakery. For the stuff off the tram you don't need AT gear. Maybe if going really far out. We did a lot of traversing and a few times boot packed up one ridge to access more terrain.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
I rented some longer/fatter skis with tech bindings and skis at a shop out near the pass. Can't remember their name but they shared space with a really good coffee shop/bakery. For the stuff off the tram you don't need AT gear. Maybe if going really far out. We did a lot of traversing and a few times boot packed up one ridge to access more terrain.

Wilson Backcountry Sports

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wilson Backcountry Sports

Yes that's it. Thank you.

And post above I meant to say ...with tech bindings and skins. Don't know why I can't edit posts in this thread?

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I'd be up for some sidecountry - a Rock Springs run or two. Dedicated back country - probably not.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I might be interested in some side and/or backcountry. I have an AT setup and beacon, probe and shovel. I also took AIARE 1 a few weeks ago. That being said, I just took up alpine touring this season and not sure of my fitness level at altitude and trying to keep up with the younger folks.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm also looking for a roommate. I have a room at the Elk Refuge Inn. Two queen beds and a kitchenette. $348 (each) Dates are 2/22 to 2/29. I’ll have my car to get around.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just returned from a 5-day advanced scouting trip conducted for the benefit of those pugskiers participating in the upcoming gathering. I hope my sacrifice is appreciated.

Coverage is phenomal. Rocks are hard to find (by JH standards) and chutes like Tower 3 are so full of snow that the term "chute" hardly seems to apply. The exception to this is Alta 1. Despite being buried in snow, the two turn long "choke point" gets scraped down to dirt and rock every morning by one or more snowboarders doing the heel-side scrape.

Mornings at the base area are a bit unpleasant in terms of crowding. Anywhere else on the mountain, especially after 10 or so, seemed just fine. The Moose is crowded, loud, energetic and a blast.

Have fun out there!

IMG_20200129_083755.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just returned from a 5-day advanced scouting trip conducted for the benefit of those pugskiers participating in the upcoming gathering. I hope my sacrifice is appreciated.

Coverage is phenomal. Rocks are hard to find (by JH standards) and chutes like Tower 3 are so full of snow that the term "chute" hardly seems to apply. The exception to this is Alta 1. Despite being buried in snow, the two turn long "choke point" gets scraped down to dirt and rock every morning by one or more snowboarders doing the heel-side scrape.

Mornings at the base area are a bit unpleasant in terms of crowding. Anywhere else on the mountain, especially after 10 or so, seemed just fine. The Moose is crowded, loud, energetic and a blast.

Have fun out there!

View attachment 92062
Thank you for your sacrifice!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi All,

I was on the fence about this trip for awhile and finally decided to buy a ticket last week. I just started looking into lodging and there's not much choice left. Does anyone have an extra room in a shared house/condo they are willing to rent? I'd also be open to a semi-private couch space, i.e. a study or something similar. About me: quiet, clean, and respectful. More than willing to help prepare meals, clean, etc.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi All,

I was on the fence about this trip for awhile and finally decided to buy a ticket last week. I just started looking into lodging and there's not much choice left. Does anyone have an extra room in a shared house/condo they are willing to rent? I'd also be open to a semi-private couch space, i.e. a study or something similar. About me: quiet, clean, and respectful. More than willing to help prepare meals, clean, etc.
Glad you're coming!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Hi All,

Check out Motel 6 in the town of Jackson. Small recently remodeled rooms, at a low price.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Just booked my lodging at the Elk Country Inn. I will not be arriving until Tuesday evening (Feb. 25) and will be leaving Friday afternoon. I decided not to push the envelope too much since I am leaving for a week at Snowbird Saturday. Pretty cheap trip to Jackson though as I had FF miles and an Ikon Pass.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be driving from SLC to Jackson Hole on Saturday, 2/22. If anyone needs a ride, get in touch.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
So given I'm supposed to be in Tahoe that week and the current uninspiring boniness and BA's clinical depression about future prospects contemplating an escape plan (possibly in conjunction with Big Sky). Problem is I only have 1 day left at JH on my Ikon. Any leads on day pass hookups that might enable additional JH days?

.....Twin Falls here we come...

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK this is Sooo last minute......

I have a 2 BR condo at The Aspens for Sunday 2/23 through Saturday 2/29 (checking out Sat am), and the person who was going to share it with me had an injury and will miss the Gathering. So anyone who is interested in a private room, maybe upgrade from a motel, send me a PM.

It would be about $132 a night. There is also a sofa bed so I could take 2 more individuals or couples, in which case the split would be about $88 a night.

The condo is a short walk to the Aspens bus stop and is the last stop before Teton Village. The unit comes with access to the Teton Sports Club featuring a large fully equipped gym, hot tub (indoor & outdoor). There is wifi, TV, cable & phone included.

I will be driving my Subie Forester for trips into town.

Sponsor