• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was wondering if anyone had started a Jackson Gathering accommodations thread, and it appears no one had, so I just did. I was then second-guessing myself with the thought that it’s too freaking early. Then I looked at last year’s thread and it was started August 10th, so I figured, no time to like the present to begin to obsess, over-plan and over-think. It’s why we’re on this site, right?

Sooo....feel free to ask questions (which I probably don’t have the answer to, but someone else probably does)...
Or to share tips and suggestions....
Or to inquire about who’s got a room or three to share....
Or to begin to organize housing and carpooling....

I’ve been debating whether to get a hotel room by myself, or a condo to share as I did last time, or to book a larger condo/house with 3-4 bedrooms and a sofa bed or two. Maybe organize a block of lodge rooms as was done last year at Big Sky?

Got plans already? Care to share?

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Several of us have reserved cabins at the Elk Country Inn. My group has 4 of them so far. That was a hot spot for the 2015 EpicSki Gathering, and it's right next to Bubba's BBQ. There is free bus service to Teton Village, although it's a slow trip because the bus hits several hotels before finally leaving for the ski hill. This is not the START bus, which is the city bus service.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have stayed at the Elk Country Inn in the past but this year we found a deal on a place in Teton Village and have it stocked with a handful of other pug skiers.

Whew, time is getting away from me this summer.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There seem to a bunch of VRBO/Air BnB places close to Snow King, anyone stayed near there? How convenient/inconvenient? There are also a few newly remodeled condos near Town Square I’m considering.

Maybe people who have condos/houses/units with as-yet empty rooms/beds can post here.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Main decision is to stay in or close to town or at the ski area. About a 15-20 min drive apart, but traffic getting at loooot worse each year, esp on a pow day.

49er Inn and Suites is always a good bet. Inn bus to/fro airport and ski area. Good value for what you get, but not the cheapest option.

I think people have rented places at The Aspens (on road from town to ski area) in the past. I think it is on the bus line.

For those who haven’t been there, airport, Jackson, Teton Village (ski area base) is in a valley, so flat terrain and easy drive.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
dang, I hope to hit it this year buying an IKON pass and will ping brother in law for his regular hangout .. but hope not to be stoned by locals wearing a lift from IKON! : (

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
I booked a room at homewoood suites for a pretty reasonable price and can cancel up until the week of the stay. It has a kitchen and they said it is on the bus route and a free shuttle to the airport so I’m planning on doing it without a car for now.

I would be interested in a group house share if anyone was thinking of doing that.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
we found a deal on a place in Teton Village and have it stocked with a handful of other pug skiers

When are you going to break the news to them?

Edit: And how much did you pay?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have stayed at the 49er before and will likely do so. I prefer staying in town. Bus is easy - no rental car necessary.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
dang, I hope to hit it this year buying an IKON pass and will ping brother in law for his regular hangout .. but hope not to be stoned by locals wearing a lift from IKON! : (

Safety in numbers. That’s why we do Gatherings, so no one gets stoned.

Wait, that didn’t come out the way I meant.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Me and my friend George are going to stay at the Hostel, its cheap, basic, but sufficient for us. only thing thats missing and properly needed is a hot tub, any hotels in Teton Village have a day pass for one ??

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The hostel is actually quite nice. They renovate periodically. I've stayed there several times. And you can't beat the location.

The last time I did Steep and Deep an Australian I met poached the Best Western hot tub. Nobody seemed to notice.

Is the BW even there any more?

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm looking for a place to stay. I've stayed at the Hostel and in Jackson. I'm going to be fairly low budget. I'll have my car.

Sponsor