• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Dynastar Legend 106 182cm Question re: Sizing

James_T

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi,

I'm an older guy...will be 57 next ski season. I'm 5 ft 9 in and weigh usually 163 pounds. I'm an advanced intermediate skier...probably more on the aggressive side. I like to ski powder at Mt. Baker, Whistler, Sun Peaks...but I live on the East Coast, so not a ton of powder out here so I only get as much as I can on my usually yearly trip out West.

I currently ski on Salomon Shogun 182 cm length. I'm looking at the Dynastar Legend 106 in a 182 cm. Seems like it's quite a stiffer ski? Do you think that the 182 cm might be a bit long for me?

Thanks so much,

James

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi,

I'm an older guy...will be 57 next ski season. I'm 5 ft 9 in and weigh usually 163 pounds. I'm an advanced intermediate skier...probably more on the aggressive side. I like to ski powder at Mt. Baker, Whistler, Sun Peaks...but I live on the East Coast, so not a ton of powder out here so I only get as much as I can on my usually yearly trip out West.

I currently ski on Salomon Shogun 182 cm length. I'm looking at the Dynastar Legend 106 in a 182 cm. Seems like it's quite a stiffer ski? Do you think that the 182 cm might be a bit long for me?

Thanks so much,

James
If you can ski a shogun in a 182, you can dodge a wrench. Wait..you can ski a Legend 106 with its shorter wheelbase and taper at it's extremities.

TS
J

James_T

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
If you can ski a shogun in a 182, you can dodge a wrench. Wait..you can ski a Legend 106 with its shorter wheelbase and taper at it's extremities.
Awesome! Thanks for the input!

Sponsor

Staff online