• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 DPS Foundation Cassiar 94

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Andy Mink: The Foundation Cassiar 94 fills the spot formerly held by the FC95. Don't assume this is just a millimeter drop in the waist, though, as the build and shape of the ski are all new. The updated tip may be the biggest change that you'll notice as it turns just a bit easier than the outgoing 95. The slight tail rocker and curve of the tail allow for easy maneuvering in bumps, junk, and powder. While the 94 will carve (and quite well thank you very much), its main job is heading into cutup leftovers, mashed-out edges, and freshies.

The 94 is a very easy, forgiving ski that doesn't mind being taken into less-than-perfect conditions. It has the float to go over the top, but it's stout enough to go through when necessary. It does like to be skied in a neutral position; there is no need to try and drive it. This green machine would be a nice complement to a quiver that already has a dedicated groomer slicer and powder beast.

Insider tip: Peek off the edge with these and see what's over there.​

Philpug: Ever ski a ski and think, "Yeah, this is just what it should be" -- only to try its replacement and think, "Damn, this is even better; how do they do that?" Well, that's how it is with the all-new DPS Foundation Cassiar 94. While the outgoing model is quite good, light and playful with a whimsical personality, the new one retains all of that but is now stronger and has a more serious side. See our Long-Term Review HERE.

Insider tip: Size up, and when you order, step up and get the Phantom Permanent Base Glide Treatment.​

Awards
Who is it for?
The resort skier looking to spend more time off the groomed than on. A premium ski at an entry-level price without entry-level performance. Sound familiar?
Who is it not for?
The biggest of the big chargers -- unless you want a playful ski. The groomer skier with no desire to see what's off the corduroy.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
165, 171, 178, 185, 191
Dimensions
133-94-113
Radius
20m@191cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat

Last edited by a moderator:

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
What would be an equal/complimentary “groomer carver-slicer” to the DPS Cassiar Foundation 94?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What would be an equal/complimentary “groomer carver-slicer” to the DPS Cassiar Foundation 94?
So. Many. Choices. I've been skiing the DPS Alchemist 79 "Trainer" and it is fantastic. I could have a long term relationship with an Atomic X9 (65.5 underfoot) or X9WB (75 underfoot). Liberty's VMT76 is also a really good choice. Dynastar Speedzone 10 TI. The Head Supershape iRally or V8/V10. The V8 and V10 aren't as demanding as the Supershapes. I'm an advanced skier at about 220, 5'10" so I tend to like skis that are a bit stronger, not so much because I'm a super strong skier but because I have gravity on my side.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
So. Many. Choices. I've been skiing the DPS Alchemist 79 "Trainer" and it is fantastic. I could have a long term relationship with an Atomic X9 (65.5 underfoot) or X9WB (75 underfoot). Liberty's VMT76 is also a really good choice. Dynastar Speedzone 10 TI. The Head Supershape iRally or V8/V10. The V8 and V10 aren't as demanding as the Supershapes. I'm an advanced skier at about 220, 5'10" so I tend to like skis that are a bit stronger, not so much because I'm a super strong skier but because I have gravity on my side.

I’m right there with you...6’-2” and 230lbs. If I melt away I’ll get down to 215lbs...but fluctuate between winter and summer coats :)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Tough one. im Going to defer to @Drahtguy Kevin on this. imho it’s not a very stout ski and depending on the skier, it can be over-skied. The 2020 version with the 3 strips of VMT is more capable.

Sponsor