• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Since the target market is beginners and elders, I would think a higher probability of non gripwalk bindings.

I can totally see that, however wouldn’t you want a beginner or elder to be able to walk to the slopes?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Since the target market is beginners and elders, I would think a higher probability of non gripwalk bindings.

Yep.

That said Atomic's Alpine sole in pretty nice and has a heck of a lot more grip than typical Lange RS (non) Sole :cool:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I can totally see that, however wouldn’t you want a beginner or elder to be able to walk to the slopes?
Probably, but I can tell that most ski/binding in the Midwest are still non-gripwalk. Heck I don't plan on switching for quite a few years. :)

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep.

That said Atomic's Alpine sole in pretty nice and has a heck of a lot more grip than typical Lange RS (non) Sole :cool:
Come to think of it, my Hawks are not too bad to walk in.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
So..... if anyone can score me Gripwalk & a 24.5, I’m down (perhaps literally) for a long term test.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
So..... if anyone can score me Gripwalk & a 24.5, I’m down (perhaps literally) for a long term test.

I sorta doubt you wanna go there. :roflmao:

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
I think these are a great idea. While most of the readers here are looking for performance out of their equipment, many people on the slopes do not think the same way. They are interested in the complete mountain experience.
  • Easy on/off is a real thing for some people--especially those that haven't been fighting boots for years. Odd positions and strained muscles, etc.
  • My wife loves going to the mountains, riding the lifts with our children, exploring, the scenery, etc.
  • She skis in a Lange RX80 right now. Would the Savor be good boot for her? I hate the idea of RE boots, but SHE would probably want them.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
  • She skis in a Lange RX80 right now. Would the Savor be good boot for her? I hate the idea of RE boots, but SHE would probably want them.

Probably not. They're much higher volume, but if she wants to take her goldfish skiing too, pour'em in with her feet and go!

All kidding aside, this boot will most certainly keep our elders skiing for more years than they might have otherwise, and first timers might like them as they're relatively incapable of unduly pressuring and part of the foot that is often problematic in rental boots.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
this boot will most certainly keep our elders skiing for more years than they might have otherwise,

You Talking to Me 01.jpg

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a skier with very problematic feet and wide calves, I may have to demo an Atomic Savor 95 this season.

I skied in rear entry boots for many years when I started skiing. In the late 70's and early 80's they were the difference between skiing and being on the sidelines. Then Rossignol came out with their "soft boot" and I was finally able to get into the front entry market. In more recent years I have been able to find more acceptable front entry options.

However, in the last couple of years I have had a growing problem with the width of my wide Technicas. If I have to shop for new boots this season, these will be on my radar.

As the season progresses, I will follow this thread with great interest.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As a skier with very problematic feet and wide calves

My son, Andrew, also have very large (huge) calves. His calves are the size of my thigh. All muscle. Went for a new pair of boots couple weeks ago. The cuffs on the 4-buckles overlap boots weren't large enough for his calves. He ended up on a pair of head molded Roxa RX3. Really nice boots.

James

Out There
Instructor
Cabrios are way too complicated for average joe trying on. Clams, oysters, mussels, scallops have a two piece shell for a reason. It's simple.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Had a chance to speak to the Atomic guys at a trade show and asked how sales were. The laughed, looked at their shoes and said, 'ok in rental' but it's fair to say they would have preferred to have them in a box under a table.

I suspect the Nordica HF might have a chance as it looks as if they ve actually thought about it. The Savour looks as if they found an old design and hoped that everyone had forgotten that they used to look like that.

I was told that the the Savour 'series' was something of a vanity project pushed by someone close to the Atomic food chain and rushed because of rumours of Salomon re issuing an SX type model.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January