• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020-21 Tick lists

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
A place to share something you hope to tick off. From fun meadow skips to big lines.

This is a little peak that stands alone in a heavy snow area near @Ron I'd like to ski this year. Just a little 800'-1000' shot that used to be serviced by a rope tow. Main skiing is on the east side of the peak. The yellow/green shading is 14-27 degrees, then the typical CalTopo shading takes over.

2E6V.jpg

Reactions: Ron

babanff

Out on the slopes
Industry Insider
I know that little peak very well. I will tell you, don't go when there is too much snow... meadows are way too flat and upper face can pop pretty easily. Better with just a few inches of fresh or corn.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I figured it would require some particular timing.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Have always wanted to ski that spot. I thought maybe Bluebird would set up there. I can't quite make out where parking is. Good luck.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bohemia's been on my bucket list for a 10 years now. Tucks was, but I'm not hiking that far for turns anymore.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To ski some of the Granite Backcountry Alliance glades and hopefully the Gulf of Slides and Tucks.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
well, I just read of some backcountry options off of Porkies ski area, in the UP of Michigan. That seems worth checking out.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Deer, Dog, Lone Star ... I'm working on it.