• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 / 21 Season’s Passes

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Wondering what everyone is seeing? Discounts? Incentives? Force majeure clauses?

I question if next ski season will be something that we recognize. Will travel be discouraged so pathogens stay relative home based? How will ski schools deal with congested locker rooms?

Bored. Envisioning what it might look like.... thanks in advance.

whitefeathers

Putting on skis
Skier
I sure hope we can all ski like normal when the season starts back up again. I did purchase a season pass to my local hill. There wasn't any additional discounts other than just the regular spring sale. I do all my booting up and stuff at the car only going inside to get my ticket and for bathroom trips. So if there were some new ways of dealing with keeping distance inside it wouldn't bother me much.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
More peeing in the woods/parking lot to avoid restrooms

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
They seem to not let it deter. I understand that Sierra-dix on are flying off the shelves.

I bought my pass, but I don't think there will be any skiing next.

JWMN

Getting off the lift
Skier
Big Sky season pass sales. My friend in BS just learned of this from another blog. He luckily bought his 8 weeks ago.

Why did pass sales end June 15th?

The Big Sky team wants to make every effort to ensure guests who visit this winter season can enjoy the full resort experience with social distancing. A part of that effort is to assess the number of season passes and lift tickets available for purchase this season, and stopping pass sales on June 15 will allow us to be thoughtful on our approach moving forward.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Big Sky season pass sales. My friend in BS just learned of this from another blog. He luckily bought his 8 weeks ago.

Why did pass sales end June 15th?

The Big Sky team wants to make every effort to ensure guests who visit this winter season can enjoy the full resort experience with social distancing. A part of that effort is to assess the number of season passes and lift tickets available for purchase this season, and stopping pass sales on June 15 will allow us to be thoughtful on our approach moving forward.

Same at Sunday River where I ski, which makes sense as an approach since it’s all Boyne.

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Whatever happened to the thread on “How will next season skiing be different”???

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Whatever happened to the thread on “How will next season skiing be different”???

Seems to have gone into moderator purgatory (from which some threads seemingly never emerge). Seems to be futile to try to maintain a mod policy of absolutely no political tone or strong disagreement of any kind in a pandemic which renders absolutely everything else on this site absolutely trivial/redundant in terms of its impact on skiing (e.g. Company X releases a new binding with a different DIN range). Unfortunately people ARE politics and being asked to/ resisting change to behaviours therefore is political.

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Seems to have gone into moderator purgatory (from which some threads seemingly never emerge).
Clearly this one isn’t about to reemerge. All reference to it evaporated, puff.

I haven’t been on the site long enough to know that’s a regular occurrence. Now I do.

I was a little surprised when, after a week away from the site, that thread had grown something like 10 pages in that time! (The Covid thread grew quite fast, that’s why I looked at the ski related thread first) Now I’m forced to look at that thread, which while having plenty of Covid information, actually has relatively little relevant information for skiers specifically. (Partly because those information went to the thread that vanished)

I Know what you mean about political. The course of the pandemic itself is highly political in this country. Science got buried by political rhetorics. So it’s next to impossible to ban political posts in a ... political thread! (Even though it’s SUPPOSED to be related to a disease)

That said, it’s another nail on the coffin. If there’s no ski related pandemic discussion, there goes my motivation to visit.

I’m not a gear junkie. I’m not after the perfect turn. I typically don’t think of skiing in the summer, except this year on the subject of passes.

Having just more or less decided to not buy a pass for next season, skiing recedes from consciousness. Until there’s any positive movement to jog my memory, that is. But I may not see any of such positive movement if I’m not looking! Vicious cycles, I know. ogwink

(The Covid thread is entertaining. But not really informational because useful information tend to get totally buried)

Last edited: