• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Wow, sounds like an opportunity for some early inbounds "light" earn your turns action.

Anything less than 2-3 feet is too little or one risks injury and gear.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wolf will open with a 20" base. I've skied it at 30" and I wouldn't recommend it.
I was being overly optimistic with the higher 21" totals, forgot to account for the ground temp, and don't know what Wolf's marked trails are like, I think of the manicured grassy fields we have in the east. :doh:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yikes, this is some of the worst air quality I've seen all season. The time-series graph is from the Copper fire station.

View attachment 109630

I hope you are doing OK @Doug Briggs if you are riding the Colorado Trail today as you mentioned!
I did the CT today . segment 8 from ski Cooper to Copper. The AQI was terrible. I did see the sheep near Janet's cabin and a lone unattended horse within sight of Kokomic pass.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Eagerly awaiting morning updates from @Ron . Looks to be pounding at Rabbit Ears.

Berthoud Pass already closed.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
We've got just a cold, windy mist in Breck at 9:28 AM MDT. It is promising more. I hope something precipitates to help mitigate the wildfires. At least it is cold and damp, so far.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Its 35ºF and rain here in my house in Denver. It is somewhat windy so snow should soon follow. Storm is starting to really get going.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool to see how dramatically the air quality improved on the front range and then in the high country as the storm moved upslope overnight.

Map - PurpleAir 2020-09-08 00-46-01.png

Map - PurpleAir 2020-09-08 08-45-06.png

Remote learning PE this morning. The boy loved the weather. The girl, not so much.

IMG_20200908_091222.jpg

IMG_20200908_091507.jpg

And, the aspens are turning... the aspens are turning!!

IMG_20200908_091049.jpg

Last edited:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Eagerly awaiting morning updates from @Ron . Looks to be pounding at Rabbit Ears.

Berthoud Pass already closed.

rabbit ears is closed. Can't say how much up there but the traffic cams show maybe 2-3". we have a lot of winds, in the valley 20-30mph, so up high could be a lot worse

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wolf will open with a 20" base. I've skied it at 30" and I wouldn't recommend it.
The first time I skied Wolf Creek they went from bare ground to 100% open in one storm. It wasn't till later that I realized "open" at WC really means "use your own judgement". Luckily I got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.