• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bridger Bowl Class Trip

• Tuesday

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I am going but I don't care

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I am not going because I am staying at Big Sky

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Other, read my thoughts in the thread

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What day do we want to do the class trip to Bridger? I am thinking mid week.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got the full Ikon, so I have enough days for Big Sky. Not eager for extra driving to ski, even though Bridger does intrigue me.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Meh. Schlasmans was fun with Nolo and Ridge Hippie and Rio guiding, but I don't see myself driving down from Big Sky and then back for that. Kind of like interrupting your Manhattan vacation with a day trip to Schenectady.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Meh. Schlasmans was fun with Nolo and Ridge Hippie and Rio guiding, but I don't see myself driving down from Big Sky and then back for that. Kind of like interrupting your Manhattan vacation with a day trip to Schenectady.

Remember, back in the day, it was good enough for Scott Schmidt.

Best skier from Schenectady in the early 90’s for those too young to remember.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tangential thought: If y'all go to Bridger, I may do a nordic day at Lone Mountain Ranch near Big Sky. Others welcome. It will not be a sufferfest; not in shape for that.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The only thing that might compete with going to BB would be taking a day long nap in the hot tub after several days at Snowbasin, JH, and BS!:decisions:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tangential thought: If y'all go to Bridger, I may do a nordic day at Lone Mountain Ranch near Big Sky. Others welcome. It will not be a sufferfest; not in shape for that.

If they're still doing it, don't miss the Lone Mountain Ranch lunch buffet. Great reward after wringing yourself out on the skinny skis.

Also, choose your day wisely. They typically groom the mountain side of the trail network one day, and the valley side the next. It's tough to ski the mountain side without at least some "suffer fest" component.

Love that place!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm undecided... Big Sky is so big, I'm sure there's plenty to keep me busy for the 6 days of skiing I have planned. What reason is there for me to do the schlep to Bridger?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm undecided... Big Sky is so big, I'm sure there's plenty to keep me busy for the 6 days of skiing I have planned. What reason is there for me to do the schlep to Bridger?
With the lower tier IKON pass I only have 5 days at BS. It'll be cheaper (so I've been told) to head to BB. Plus, another notch in the "where I've skied" belt.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Having never been, I am willing to do it just to have done it. We had similar feelings about Grand Targhee when at Jackson Hole last year and we ended up having one of our best ski days ever at Grand Targhee. So it's a "you don't know until go" thing for me. It's also a cross it off the list thing.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What I've heard about Bridger is 1) it's worth it! And 2) bring avy gear if you have it. For some of the better terrain, avy gear is required.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What I've heard about Bridger is 1) it's worth it! And 2) bring avy gear if you have it. For some of the better terrain, avy gear is required.

I'm aware of Schlassman's lift... you only need a working beacon, not full avy gear (though that may not be a bad idea).

But I probably won't ski that terrain - which was one of my thoughts behind my question above.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Going to Bridger also brings in a side side trip to an awesome butcher that is ont eh way that has awesome smoked and other local meats.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm aware of Schlassman's lift... you only need a working beacon, not full avy gear (though that may not be a bad idea).

But I probably won't ski that terrain - which was one of my thoughts behind my question above.
Yes, a beacon, you're right. It's been awhile since I heard the story of the amazing trip to Bridger Bowl.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

If they're still doing it, don't miss the Lone Mountain Ranch lunch buffet. Great reward after wringing yourself out on the skinny skis.

Also, choose your day wisely. They typically groom the mountain side of the trail network one day, and the valley side the next. It's tough to ski the mountain side without at least some "suffer fest" component.

Love that place!

Maybe @Needham or @KevinF would be up for this.

Sponsor

Staff online