• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rebound Hound

Booting up
Skier
I have tested the WRT ST 172 with SRT binder. It is much easier and playful, not as much energy without the WRT plate and race binding. To me there is a huge difference between the 2 bindings, I'm not sure everyone would feel that way, but I notice it. The precision with the Full WRT race setup is unreal.

The Laser SLw/SRT12 is tighter as expected and even more playful, but not as powerful. It is also better in moguls.

Is there a big difference in the laser GS with and without race plate? I kind of want the GS but less exhausting and more manoeuvrable. I could downsize from 180cm to 175cm or I could forego the SRT speed race plate - or both? Would I have a much easier, less tiring and more playful ski? What I really liked about the GS was the edge grip and how it pulls hard you into a turn and was exciting to ride. I'm sort of thinking of a setup somewhere between the GS with race plate and the SC without. I really appreciate a lot of edge grip for the hard pack pistes I ski but also the slopes get quite messed up so sometimes something as narrow as 65mm struggles with that.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
A ski like that is designed to have a plate. It'll work without one, but will be better with one.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Is there a big difference in the laser GS with and without race plate? I kind of want the GS but less exhausting and more manoeuvrable. I could downsize from 180cm to 175cm or I could forego the SRT speed race plate - or both? Would I have a much easier, less tiring and more playful ski? What I really liked about the GS was the edge grip and how it pulls hard you into a turn and was exciting to ride. I'm sort of thinking of a setup somewhere between the GS with race plate and the SC without. I really appreciate a lot of edge grip for the hard pack pistes I ski but also the slopes get quite messed up so sometimes something as narrow as 65mm struggles with that.

Big difference between the GS and the SC. What more do you want beyond the edge grip (which almost every Stockli has in spades)?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skied with a gal a few runs last year at Mammoth, on the only pair of SR85s I've ever seen in the wild. I was on my SR 88s and had struck up a conversation on the chair ride up. She did them complete justice and I could tell that they in no way watered down the ski for the female gender. Congratulations on the acquisition!

Oh, and she kicked my butt on every run we took.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied with a gal a few runs last year at Mammoth, on the only pair of SR85s I've ever seen in the wild. I was on my SR 88s and had struck up a conversation on the chair ride up. She did them complete justice and I could tell that they in no way watered down the ski for the female gender. Congratulations on the acquisition!

Was that due to ability or personality? Reason I ask, recently got out skied by my group because I was hesitant over blind rollers and bends, not wanting to impale anyone around the corner. I thought my group was a little reckless.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Dude, sounds like you lead a rather sheltered life. Think a better class of losers should be part of your future. :ogcool: :ogbiggrin:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Be careful. It's a trap!
1582264706983.jpeg

Reactions: mdf

smv

Booting up
Skier
Laser SX in 173cm for 2020/2021?... Am I seeing right here?. Is the 170cm gone instead? Anyone knows more? Other Lasers seem to keep their long time lengths though. Wondering why the change on such a successful size on the SX if this is true..
D8177153-8EEE-4C0F-B13C-DDE0093EBBB8.jpeg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Laser SX in 173cm for 2020/2021?... Am I seeing right here?. Is the 170cm gone instead? Anyone knows more? Other Lasers seem to keep their long time lengths though. Wondering why the change on such a successful size on the SX if this is true.. View attachment 94496
:drool:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Laser SX in 173cm for 2020/2021?... Am I seeing right here?. Is the 170cm gone instead? Anyone knows more? Other Lasers seem to keep their long time lengths though. Wondering why the change on such a successful size on the SX if this is true.. View attachment 94496

Yes, 173cm now. This is refreshed for next season. Remember that Stockli pretty much sticks to the 2 year cycle for all models. It was time for the SX refresh.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
After skiing my SC's all season after adding the Piston Plate and Comp bindings to them, I returned to the Laser SL's recently.

Oh my god, what an amazing ski! So much tip pressure, so well balanced, so smooth, so versatile.

Best ski I've ever skied, and that blue is so beautiful! These are 2017 model with the system plate and binding.