• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
My Rossi 15 Din whatever, fits the race plate, Spx? Rockerflex yada yada- Worst binding ever to step into. Like a Griffin with a small boot. Mine's 317mm , and I curse that Rossi everytime I use it. Never should have made it to production. Just terrible.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Again the @Ron review was spot on for the SC’s. After a decade of living in wide board heaven came back earth landing on a pair of Stockli Laser SC’s in 177 mounted +1 just as recommended. They have been my daily driver 15 out of last 16 ski days losing their spot to the one warm soft snow day. Start off the day by carving up the groomers hard work quickly diverging into any powder, windblown or moguls that we can find. These SC’s are delightful responding to every command. Hard fast eastern conditions are what this ski lives for but throw in some powder on top they still shine. Feel of perfectly carved powder turns is intoxicating. From the big guy view found this ski to be super versatile making this a sweet Stockli choice. Getting harder to resist demoing the Storm Riders as I suspect that they are a Venus Flytrap.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Getting harder to resist demoing the Storm Riders as I suspect that they are a Venus Flytrap.

Indeed they are. One run on my stormriders and I knew I was in trouble........... I now have a pair on their way to me. I'm sure we are looking at different models but it's a Stockli thing that's for sure... Pulls you in.................... and won't let you out...........................................

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My Rossi 15 Din whatever, fits the race plate, Spx? Rockerflex yada yada- Worst binding ever to step into. Like a Griffin with a small boot. Mine's 317mm , and I curse that Rossi everytime I use it. Never should have made it to production. Just terrible.
It is still the World Cup racers choice for anyone running Rossi/Dynastar and is running those PX heels.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Indeed they are. One run on my stormriders and I knew I was in trouble........... I now have a pair on their way to me. I'm sure we are looking at different models but it's a Stockli thing that's for sure... Pulls you in.................... and won't let you out...........................................

Didn't you own and ski the Laser AX? What happened to it?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pulled in for sure- I came across a sweet deal on a pair of SR 88s last week. I need another pair of 88 mm skis like I need a hole in my head, but just couldn't resist. I knew within three turns that pulling the trigger on the purchase was definitely the right choice. That makes my third pair of Stocklis in as many years. (AX, SR97, SR88) There's just something about the sh*t eating :D they put on my face.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Didn't you own and ski the Laser AX? What happened to it?

I used to own the LAXER AX and made an error in judgement thinking I liked the Rally better in that I thought it was more versatile so I sold the Stockli. I was wrong and I admit it............................ I've realized the error of my ways and I'm hoping my having and loving the Stormrider Motion 85 will redeem me with the Stockli gods.........

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Saw some 2020 Stockli last week. Looks like there is a new line of skis in the wider waist widths. I saw one that was 100mm in the liftline. Looked like a Stockli.

Reactions: Ron

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Saw some 2020 Stockli last week. Looks like there is a new line of skis in the wider waist widths. I saw one that was 100mm in the liftline. Looked like a Stockli.

“Looked like a Stöckli” means that it says “Stockli” on the top sheets? :)

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What is the factory side edge bevel on the Laser AX? Just got mine mounted up (threw out my back same day :nono::( so won't need this info for a while) and would like to know before they need tuning.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I always wondered why my women’s Stormriders are 100mm (2017 was the last year for them) whereas the men’s are 95. Even in the years both were made, the women’s was an SR100 Motion and the men’s an SR95.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think my SR 107's would probably be considered the wider men's version from that era. A buddy of mine bought a pair of the current SR105s and I've kidded him that the SKI magazine review calls them a great ski for the "hard charging gal". (You can chastise me for being a sexist).

James

Out There
Instructor
I used to own the LAXER AX and made an error in judgement thinking I liked the Rally better in that I thought it was more versatile so I sold the Stockli. I was wrong and I admit it............................ I've realized the error of my ways and I'm hoping my having and loving the Stormrider Motion 85 will redeem me with the Stockli gods.........
That's what happens when you start day trading in skis...
Just be glad you didn't get an 18/19 bloated tip Rally.

It is still the World Cup racers choice for anyone running Rossi/Dynastar and is running those PX heels.
Yeah but they're in that 18 heel right? I hear it's much better. Certainly looks nicer. Apparently some of the race kids are wearing the other one out in one season. Why Rossi just doesn't make that Px18 heel with a lower spring and charge the same $ is beyond me.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Yeah but they're in that 18 heel right? I hear it's much better. Certainly looks nicer. Apparently some of the race kids are wearing the other one out in one season. Why Rossi just doesn't make that Px18 heel with a lower spring and charge the same $ is beyond me.
Nope, many are still running the old PX heel. As some of the Atomic skiers are running the old 1018's and soem of the Tyrolia racers are running the old Z RD's

James

Out There
Instructor
All I can say is entry on that binding is the worst I've ever owned. Had I known it was that bad I don't think I would've bought the ski. Anyone who makes bindings should be ashamed of this thing.
You're saying a wcup skier is skiing a 15 Din plastic binding? Why would they bother instead of the 18? Makes no sense.

This is the one I'm talking about:
IMG_5704.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
All I can say is entry on that binding is the worst I've ever owned. Had I known it was that bad I don't think I would've bought the ski. Anyone who makes bindings should be ashamed of this thing.
You're saying a wcup skier is skiing a 15 Din plastic binding? Why would they bother instead of the 18? Makes no sense.

View attachment 61266
Some are skiing that heel on the WC...msotly females..in Slalom. they are skiing the 18 heel in GS. This heel is no where near as bad as the Griffon heel.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Nope, many are still running the old PX heel. As some of the Atomic skiers are running the old 1018's and soem of the Tyrolia racers are running the old Z RD's

View attachment 61266

Yes, the 15 din Rockerflex heel never feels good mechanically. The first time I use one I thought it was broken. You have to sort of stamp your heel on it. By contrast the 18 rockerflex heel ( toes are the same) is a completely different design - basically the old MFX heel - and feels beautiful mechanically, steps in super smoothly. Howver the 18 RF is 14 oz/ski heavier which is a significant consideration on a slalom ski! So despite my dislike of them I use the 15 on my slalom skis and the 18 on my GS. It is unfortunate as in the previous generation axial 2/3 and MFX the 15 used the same heel as the 18 (and was only 8 oz/ski heavier than the 15 RF). And yes, quite a few on the WC and at moral/ fis level are using the previous MFX 15 on slaloms rather than the Rockerflex because it is more robust. It actually fits the newer plates ok, just need to drill out the pre- marked dimples. And while we are talking about using older bindings on the WC, you will see a lathe percentage of the Marker athletes are still using the old Comp binding rather than the Xcel

Sponsor

Staff online