• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Spent a day on the 170 SX recently; felt it skied longer than my 175 AX. Helluva fun ski once you got it up to speed.

MasterHero

Booting up
Skier
I bought the new Rossignol Master 2021 - 173 cm Radius 17. Great ski with fantastic grip on the hard (hard hard hard)
Now the problem is that I don't know whether to use the Wrt or the Master ! ! !
The Master is (a little) more “difficult . . .

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought the new Rossignol Master 2021 - 173 cm Radius 17. Great ski with fantastic grip on the hard (hard hard hard)
Now the problem is that I don't know whether to use the Wrt or the Master ! ! !
The Master is (a little) more “difficult . . .

Put a different one on each foot. That's the skier skills test.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I don't know if I'm ready to declare the Fischer The Curv CB the poor man's WRT ST, but it sure has a similar level of grip tenacity and power, but maybe not exactly the feel. I would need to ski them back-to-back to really nail down the differences. However, I am ready to call my "experiment" with the Fischer a success. Maybe someday I'll find a WRT ST I can acquire, but for now I am placated by The Curv CB. :)

TimF

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m with you on this one. Hopefully a WRT will be in my future. In the meantime I’ll keep working the Curv and the new iTitan I just picked up. The Curv is serious and the iTitan ski is just fun.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Just got back from Big Sky.

Skied the new 180 WRT-ST when I got a break from putting out demoes.

I was worried when begging for that size from Mathieu that it might be a little much. I had nothing to worry about.

Two words. Easy and Unflappable.

Despite best efforts and super wax, the speed limit was far beyond anything you can hit at full throttle down Elk Park Ridge.

Edge hold with the 1 base 2 side was unreal. I can't wait to see what it will feel like with a more aggressive tune.

Lilia

Putting on skis
Skier
I wonder, what is the difference of the new Laser MX from the previous model, except some graphics?

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
I wonder, what is the difference of the new Laser MX from the previous model, except some graphics?

Full reshaping

Each size added 2cm. Old was 144,150,1556,162. New 146,152,158,164.

Sidecut adjusted. Old 120-65-100. New. 119-67-99.

Nose shape adjusted the contact point forward as well as adaptive contact length which means the more you roll the ski, the longer the contact point gets.

Flex distribution is adjusted. The ski is more playful and better handling at speeds. The layup remains the same.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone ski the Edge 88 / 100 , their more touring oriented ski ?
I had the Edge 88 177cm in my hands a few days ago at a shop at Tremblant ( Daniel Lachance - nice shop ! ). It had a long’ish ( for Stockli ) tip rocker line and not much rise in the tip. From the Stockli website, the weights of the Edge 88 / 100 aren’t much lighter than the comparable sized Stormriders.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Anyone ski the Edge 88 / 100 , their more touring oriented ski ?
I had the Edge 88 177cm in my hands a few days ago at a shop at Tremblant ( Daniel Lachance - nice shop ! ). It had a long’ish ( for Stockli ) tip rocker line and not much rise in the tip. From the Stockli website, the weights of the Edge 88 / 100 aren’t much lighter than the comparable sized Stormriders.

The Edge 88 is a less damp SR88. I can't really give much feedback on it other than it skis easier than the SR88.

The EDGE 100 should probably just be called the SR100. The ski is a crowd pleaser. Everybody I put on it loves it, bad skier or pro. It is very easy to ski, has pop out of the turn, Is stable enough to get the job done in big nasty mashed potatoes and carves like a champ as you'd expect out of a Stockli. I am trying to convince the Swiss to continue building it in the 159,168,177,186 size run and to call it a Stormrider like it used to be. This ski is our most under rated model.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The Edge 88 is a less damp SR88. I can't really give much feedback on it other than it skis easier than the SR88.

The EDGE 100 should probably just be called the SR100. The ski is a crowd pleaser. Everybody I put on it loves it, bad skier or pro. It is very easy to ski, has pop out of the turn, Is stable enough to get the job done in big nasty mashed potatoes and carves like a champ as you'd expect out of a Stockli. I am trying to convince the Swiss to continue building it in the 159,168,177,186 size run and to call it a Stormrider like it used to be. This ski is our most under rated model.

I didn't test it, but DR of HSS took the Edge 100 out for a couple laps and loved it. It's a nice ski, but is it better for lighter weight skiers or is it just fooling us all while it's in that "touring costume"?

vilu

Booting up
Skier
The EDGE 100 should probably just be called the SR100. The ski is a crowd pleaser. Everybody I put on it loves it, bad skier or pro. It is very easy to ski, has pop out of the turn, Is stable enough to get the job done in big nasty mashed potatoes and carves like a champ as you'd expect out of a Stockli.
Hi Lindsey
How would you compare it to the SR95 in similar length?

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hi Lindsey
How would you compare it to the SR95 in similar length?

They have a different core. The 100 is a little more lively. The 95 very slightly more power. Because the extra width of the 100 it is very close to the same dampening as the vibrations get distributed more with the size.

The 100 is a little less demanding and the radius is a little longer. It is easier to slide around corners/smear. They are almost identical in weight per length.

My friend who use to race for Germany put a Shift binding on it and loves it for touring, but he said he was able to treat it like a cheater GS ski on man made snow even with a touring boot opening day at Park City.

It might be the most accessible ski we have while still fun for experts.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Lindsey, your comments put me over the edge:roflmao:to grab a gently used set of Edge 88 177cm that was listed on a local Buy & Sell.

Though my N+1 quiver math is a bit off, as I just sold off 2 sets of skis and have only replaced them with 1.
An N-1 quiver just won't do !

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Thanks Lindsey, your comments put me over the edge:roflmao:to grab a gently used set of Edge 88 177cm that was listed on a local Buy & Sell.

Though my N+1 quiver math is a bit off, as I just sold off 2 sets of skis and have only replaced them with 1.
An N-1 quiver just won't do !

Just FYI, detune the tips really well and they should ski very nicely.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Now wait just a darn minute!!! You can bend the SX but not the AR???
Well, I am a very different skier now than I was 12 months ago :crossfingers: thanks to a lot of days on my AXs.

Sponsor

Staff online