• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
contrary to popular belief, when at SIA, its actually a lot of work and you dont always get to ski what you like or want to ski. This was on our list but it was out the couple of times I went to the tent.

Having been both a hardgoods & softgoods buyer for a few shops these events can get very tiring and there is always something you just don’t get too.

I’ll be at Eurobike in September and I’m not looking forward to it. I’m still trying to get out of going.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
The AR is awesome...if it had been available back in November when I bought, I'd own it instead of my AX's. It is exactly what you'd expect from it. A little closer to a wider AX than a narrower SR88. Slightly softer in the tip than the AX but basically a wider AX.

vilu

Booting up
Skier
Last Saturday my wife and I have had the chance to ski the new Laser SL in 155/165. Snow was mainly slush with some hard packed, even icy sections.

I'm (6ft / 172lbs) an expert skier on groomed (Swiss and Austrian Alps) and skiing the Laser SL since years. My actual model is from winter 15/16. The model 19/20 is almost unchanged compared to last year but compared to mine the widest part moved forward. Although my ski has a Stöckli plate mounted, the new version initiated the turn remarkably faster and showed better grip even with the rental binding. This showed me that my ski is outdated after four seasons. I ordered the new one with the upcoming racing-plate (available in standard and carbon at about September/October).

My wife has had a four year old Rossi Hero ST (the orange one) and was happy with it. But when she tested the current model it was disappointing. She likes a fast turn initiation, but Rossi's tip became much stiffer compared to the previous version and doesn't fit her style. At the beginning she was reluctant to test the Laser SL as she feard it might be too demanding. One week before she has tested the Laser SC (nice but a little bit boring), CX (fine at speed but nervous at slow) and SX (stable and reliable). The SL was what she has been looking for, agile and stable in one. Now she became a proud Stöckli owner.

John Baumer

Booting up
Skier
Thanks!

I assume the X-Lab mounting plate is the same as ones that come stock on Atomic and Salomon race skis?

My understanding is the X-series between the two companies are the same binding and haven't changed since Atomic got rid of the D2 plate on the SL skis a few years back (1st Gen Redsters I believe, first binding after they phased out the 1018s).

How different are the Laser SX (non-FIS version) and CX builds from the WRT? Would you say the WRT skis with more energy, like a traditional FIS race ski?

I definitely plan on getting a pair of these but wasn't sure what else I'd need to purchase.

Guess I should hit up my shop to get an order in at some point.
I have the SX and the WRT. My Laser SX are 177s with a 16.8 TR, so this difference is more pronounced that if you were to compare an SX in 170 against the 172 WRT. Both skis are set up with Marker Piston Plates and Xcell 16s. I've had time to get to know the WRT and skied it against the SX back to back on the same conditions. In short, I've always thought of the SXs..[.and the non FIS SL] as skis that you could turn up the volume to 11. [stolen from the Spinal Tap movie]. The WRTs can be turned up to about 13 and a half. The SX is a surprisingly versatile and non judgmental ski. I find it incredible that a ski with that much power can be skied so safely. I know an older gentleman who has a pair of 170 SXs who skis them on their side cut without bending them much at all.....he loves them and they haven't killed him yet. The WRT needs to be skied when you are loose and on your game. I never imagined you could get much more juice out of a ski. On the down side, I skied the WRT the day before when conditions were not fully set up and it was not enjoyable. I can see how the WRT could take you for a ride. The SX would have been much better. I skied the laser AX that day and life was good.
Disclaimer....I'm 6'4" and quite heavy. YRMV.....WRT is an absolutely outrageous ski....[Shameless plug, my dealer at Ski Sharp still has a couple pair at $995.00]

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
The AR is awesome...if it had been available back in November when I bought, I'd own it instead of my AX's. It is exactly what you'd expect from it. A little closer to a wider AX than a narrower SR88. Slightly softer in the tip than the AX but basically a wider AX.

Is the AR in anyway comparable to the MX83/84? If so, any thoughts? Could you describe energy and how that relates to the energy in the tail?

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got to demo some Stocklis this year, finally, but in the end still liked best the 19/20 Laser AX and the 19/20 Laser GS, both at several lengths.

Finally getting on the 175 AX (19/20 version), I could tell that for most folks this would be the best choice for versatility. It's easier and quicker, and does bumps relatively well. No muss, no fuss. Mea culpa. The 19/20 175(?) Laser GS were fun in a similar way: quicker, easier and maybe more versatile.

Still, I personally liked the Laser AX and Laser GS in longer lengths better, whatever those actually are. The Laser AX still seems to come in 183, the length that suits me best, seems like (17/18 yellow with green lines version and newer), given that I have PRD 12 adjustable bindings on them, and like to vary the settings from +2.0 (for more pure GS skiing dynamics) to +4.0 (for all mountain versatility, including bumps and Sean Pettit turns).

My friend's 183 Laser AX version are just as fun, but mounted back a bit from mine, at from +1.5 to +2.4 (with Tyrolia Attack2-13 AT Demo bindings, a very tall 30mm/32mm shop demo version). With this binding, the AXes are more playful and quick, yet can be skied with great leverage and authority, so I liked them mounted a bit farther back than with my PRD 12s. Different, but just as fun.

The 19/20 SIA Laser AX versions I liked just as well, mounted on the line, for demo. If anything, these seemed quicker and lighter than the ones I own, with no loss of ability. Whatta ski, all around. More and more, for me. I'm hooked.

As for the 19/20 Laser GS: One of the 19/20 Laser GS versions I skied was labeled 182 in length, from the notes I took. A current 18/19 version online seems to be 184. But others online seem to be 180 (r. 18.2) and 185 (r. 19.4). (GS-type skis in both these length-to-radius patterns, in my experience, are often wonderful.) It may well be that Stockli has a whole stable of similar Laser GS and Laser FIS GS skis, including the varieties other makers have: junior gs skis, softer "cheater" gs skis (170, 175, 180, 185), and also the various FIS approved lengths, including for Masters. Not sure, at this point, what version the 182 was and what its radius was, but I'll have to hunt up a 19/20 Stockli booklet to see if it gives enough detail to clarify.

At any rate, the 182(?) length in the Laser GS was pure gold to me. And I liked it also in mild bumps, some powder/crud off piste, and on steeps.

Last edited:

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not the first time I’ve heard that about the GS. Wonder how versatile you found it or is really a race oriented ski.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
To me, these things are fairly versatile: fun and very good in mild off piste, some powder/chop/crud, and mild bumps, including soft ones. Not quite like, say, a pair of Brahmas or Black Crow Orbs or K2 Pinnacle 105s tuned right, however, in bumps (or in the case of the 105, powder/crud bumps). But by no means confined to just groomers either.

That said, more than gate skis, these things really make recreational groomers a blast, more forgiving without the space demands of a full on FIS GS ski, or the optimal speed for that. But with a precision and excitement reminiscent of race skis retained.

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
P.S. I think such skis ask for at least an advanced skier who can edge fairly well, to be versatile in a good way. (I watched an intermediate on the similar Head World Cup Rebel iSpeeds 175 just flounder around even on groomers. He'd maybe have been better off on a forgiving 90 all mountain ski, a pair of one of the Liberty VMTs, or maybe some K2 IKonic 84s or 84ti, I'd guess, except for the fun play-acting in his imagination as a racer, possibly - which is not to be discounted, actually.

While I raced, and have that training, I am interested in these skis purely recreationally.

I used to ski slalom dynamic skis regularly when I wanted to sweat, get a real workout.

I'm older, and don't want that now. (If I were back East, or on a shorter hill, this would be different.)

To me, the thing about the Laser GS and skis like it is that it doesn't require the sweat. At 175, it is as quick as I'd ask for, but can be opened up or relaxed in ways that are harder on a slalom-like ski, often. It's more in between SL and GS, with the ability to open up into big GS and more speed when wanted.

The 180/~r.18 type is still quick but in a way that is, for me, balanced between turning and long turns/edge-riding, if that makes sense.

And the 182-185/~r.19.5 has more of the GS turn feel, without the speed and space demands of that, and with almost as much versatility as the 180/r.18s. The more all mountain-like turn radius of 18 or 19.5 is the key here, IMHO.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
To me, these things are fairly versatile: fun and very good in mild off piste, some powder/chop/crud, and mild bumps, including soft ones. Not quite like, say, a pair of Brahmas or Black Crow Orbs or K2 Pinnacle 105s tuned right, however, in bumps (or in the case of the 105, powder/crud bumps). But by no means confined to just groomers either.

That said, more than gate skis, these things really make recreational groomers a blast, more forgiving without the space demands of a full on FIS GS ski, or the optimal speed for that. But with a precision and excitement reminiscent of race skis retained.
Did they have a plate on them?
The current catalog lists 175,180,185 for Laser GS

https://issuu.com/stoeckli-the-swiss-ski/docs/ans-haendlerkatalog-2018-en/20

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Did they have a plate on them?
The current catalog lists 175,180,185 for Laser GS

https://issuu.com/stoeckli-the-swiss-ski/docs/ans-haendlerkatalog-2018-en/20

Thanks.

The SIA 19/20 demo versions had race plates on them, and race bindings (maybe not the top ones - Xcell 14, I recall). In the future, I'm told, the Stocklis will have Salomon plates and race bindings, probably without any loss in terms of feel. (As I'll bet you know, the Atomic race versions are almost the same binding.)

My own,14/15? Laser GS ~180/18 (not quite their exact specs) have full on Marker race plates and metal Comp 16 bindings.

I know, about the Stockli catalog specs of 175, 180, 185: I looked them up the next day and promptly got confused about what I'd skied. (Something different, apparently? Not sure.). The SIA ski itself did not have the radius printed on it visibly, nor the length (except possibly under the bindings). I asked the Stockli rep twice what length it was, figuring I could look up the radius. He told me 182. The shorter versions were out, he said. I know by the feel on the snow it was a bit longer than my own 14/15 version at around 180, I believe. I guess the SIA ski could have been 185. (I've skied that length in other non-FIS skis, and liked them a lot on other brands, but those have a different feel.)

Something similar happened the same two days with other skis:
The 19/20 Atomic G9 had 183/19.4 on it. The Atomic online 18/19 catalog, fortunately, has this non-FIS spec ski in it, exactly the same length and radius as my notes. Whew.

And third, the particular 19/20 Head W.C. Rebel iSpeed Pro I loved there had "183" and "r. 19.7" printed on it, by my notes. But the online current Head catalog only gives 175, 180, 185 as lengths, without the radii, as far as I can find, other than r. 18 for 180. So I could have been on 185/19.7 - again, not sure.

On having the race plates, I've skied the similar (a touch less stiff than the Stocklis, maybe) Head Rebel WC iSpeed Pro 180/18 from earlier years, besides the 19/20 longer version I skied at SIA (all with a version of FIS race plate and race bindings) and the Head Rebel WC iSpeed non-pro (with lesser plate and not full on race bindings), and all are good, but a bit different. The Pros have slightly more leverage and authority, and slightly more stiffness/stability along the running length; while the non-Pros had more playfulness but almost as much leverage, surprisingly, to me. With the right bindings on the non-Pros with lesser plate, I've liked them in several different configurations, about equally to the Pros, but different. It would probably be almost the same for the Laser GS skis, for me, I'd guess, with and without the true race plates.

By the way, for me, the Laser AX and Laser GS are distinctly different, and a nice complement to one another.

Last edited:

dave g

Booting up
Skier
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time account.

Wondering if anyone has any input beyond the one thread on the WRT-ST.

Curious as to what bindings can be used on it (beyond the WRT-12 which seems to be the Atomic/Salomon X-12/16/19/20 race binding) and what plate that would require.

Will there be any changes to it (even graphically) for 2019/2020?

I was hoping to see if I could demo some since my home mountain is partner/specialty retailer and they had a demo day this weekend but I managed to slip a disc a week ago so that idea was nixed.

I come from a FIS racing/academy background and transitioned to coaching since then. However, I still love to ski on my old race skis but they're quite tired now as it has been about 6 years (with about 90 days total in those 6 years) since I used them consistently. The WRT-ST is quite appealing because it appears to have the racing construction that the Laser SL, GS, and SX models have but in a more versatile side cut and length.

I haven't seen much with regards to availability in the US but I assume they should be. If they're not, I guess that solves the issue.

Thanks!
Just purchased a pair last week from Tom at The Norse House in Stratton, VT. He is extremely knowledgable on everything Stockli and purchased up any remaining inventory he could of the current flat WRT-ST as he was aware that the new version will lock you into the plate/binding system Stockil has chosen. He mounted the Marker X-Cel 16 and the the WC piston plate on the skis. This ski and set up are simply amazing ,and much more versatile than I ever expected. I also have the 2018-2109 Laser SX FIS with the same binding set-up and the WRT is much more user friendly and versatile.The FIS SX needs wide open spaces to truly appreciate how stable and responsive the ski is, there really is nothing I can compare it to as I have never been on a FIS GS ski, but the WRT is really a daily frontside driver fro those with the skills to ski it. Dave

Sbum02030

Booting up
Skier
Just purchased a pair last week from Tom at The Norse House in Stratton, VT. He is extremely knowledgable on everything Stockli and purchased up any remaining inventory he could of the current flat WRT-ST as he was aware that the new version will lock you into the plate/binding system Stockil has chosen. He mounted the Marker X-Cel 16 and the the WC piston plate on the skis. This ski and set up are simply amazing ,and much more versatile than I ever expected. I also have the 2018-2109 Laser SX FIS with the same binding set-up and the WRT is much more user friendly and versatile.The FIS SX needs wide open spaces to truly appreciate how stable and responsive the ski is, there really is nothing I can compare it to as I have never been on a FIS GS ski, but the WRT is really a daily frontside driver fro those with the skills to ski it. Dave

All the remaining inventory eh?

Well, I guess I know who I need to email to get a pair of flat WRT-STs then.

Was hoping my own shop could get a pair so I could try to get a sweet employee discount but :huh:

LewyM

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Agree with this review. @wallyk, I demo'd the AR (175) at Crystal Mountain yesterday. Everything @LindseyB says about the ski is true. Absolutely amazing, groomers, off piste in soft sludge, bumps, steeps. The ski is precise and needs to be skied precisely off piste, so it requires more work and energy than something wider, more rockered in off piste spring slop. But it is very skiable in all conditions, rewarding and amazing. On groomers the entry into the turn is quick and strong, exit out the turn is electric. The snowfeel is smooth and damp. Exactly what you'd expect from a Stockli. Loved this ski. More precise and performance-oriented than the SR88 (which I also like a lot. . . the version with red on it before it was softened).

I have not skied a MX84, I have skied a MX 83 and there is no comparison. The AR blows that ski away. As good/fun/better on the groomers and no comparison off piste. If you like premium performance skis, the Stockli feel, buy with confidence. You'll have no problem unloading a used pair here (especially if you buy the 175 :ogcool:).

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
The Crystal Demo day was really fun for me. When I showed up at the demo tents I was surprised to see Stockli, hence I spent most of the morning skiing primarily Stockli skis. Surprisingly there was no lines and I never had to wait to hop on a new pair so it allowed me to go through quite a few demos. Lewy M's description of the AR is very close to what I would say about the ski. I started on the SX went to the AR then to the AX and went over and snagged the MX84. I've never skied the MX83 so I don't have a comparison between the two.

I skied all the demo skis on the same terrain/runs to make sure my testing was somewhat consistent. The only change came as the warm weather softened the snow around 11 am and by 12:30 my legs were toast and so was the snow.

I'm 5'11 160 lbs. advanced skier that likes medium high speed. I typically ski side country, back country when it's dumping, and I love to ski bumps. I rarely ski the groomers but had been thinking about a more front sided fun ski for those dust on crust days when off piste is typically gnarly frozen ice balls.

The SX was super fun especially on the groomer snow of the morning with just a dusting of fresh and lots of groomer corduroy to be found. I took them in the bumps and a short section of trees where there was a little bit of powder fluff left. It works there but the huge grins for me were rippin the groomers, bending that ski and getting the energy in return. Super fun with tight turn radius. I skied the 170's and even though my main ski is a 184 wide board these didn't feel short and I didn't find the speed limit.

The Pugski reviews for the AX match my impressions so no need to rehash. It did surprised me a little in that it seemed to prefer a slightly longer turn radius than I was expecting but would allow me to carve any turn shape I wanted. I think just coming off the SX I was expecting that same tight turn in the AX.

The AR is amazing! I am going to own this ski and I’ll even take the beating on, “why do you need yet ANOTHER ski!!!”

LEWYM’s Description on the AR is pretty succinct so I’ll leave that at that.

I skied the MX84 and if it’s not the AR on my feet it will be the MX84. The interesting thing about the MX…Same great skiing attributes as AR but possibly a little more forgiving. That impression is slight but I didn’t have to be absolutely on my A game where the AR wanted me to be on my A game and rewarded me for doing so. If I can be a little zen here it seemed as though the MX84 was thinking the same things I was thinking right as I was thinking it. I bumped down a couple fun mogul fields and it was initiating the turns as I was thinking them. It was almost like we were on autopilot. Obviously, I need more demo time on the MX84 but is definitely on the top of my list.

The other skis I tried from the Stockli tent were the SR88 and the SR 95.

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
The Crystal Demo day was really fun for me. When I showed up at the demo tents I was surprised to see Stockli, hence I spent most of the morning skiing primarily Stockli skis. Surprisingly there was no lines and I never had to wait to hop on a new pair so it allowed me to go through quite a few demos. Lewy M's description of the AR is very close to what I would say about the ski. I started on the SX went to the AR then to the AX and went over and snagged the MX84. I've never skied the MX83 so I don't have a comparison between the two.

I skied all the demo skis on the same terrain/runs to make sure my testing was somewhat consistent. The only change came as the warm weather softened the snow around 11 am and by 12:30 my legs were toast and so was the snow.

I'm 5'11 160 lbs. advanced skier that likes medium high speed. I typically ski side country, back country when it's dumping, and I love to ski bumps. I rarely ski the groomers but had been thinking about a more front sided fun ski for those dust on crust days when off piste is typically gnarly frozen ice balls.

The SX was super fun especially on the groomer snow of the morning with just a dusting of fresh and lots of groomer corduroy to be found. I took them in the bumps and a short section of trees where there was a little bit of powder fluff left. It works there but the huge grins for me were rippin the groomers, bending that ski and getting the energy in return. Super fun with tight turn radius. I skied the 170's and even though my main ski is a 184 wide board these didn't feel short and I didn't find the speed limit.

The Pugski reviews for the AX match my impressions so no need to rehash. It did surprised me a little in that it seemed to prefer a slightly longer turn radius than I was expecting but would allow me to carve any turn shape I wanted. I think just coming off the SX I was expecting that same tight turn in the AX.

The AR is amazing! I am going to own this ski and I’ll even take the beating on, “why do you need yet ANOTHER ski!!!”

LEWYM’s Description on the AR is pretty succinct so I’ll leave that at that.

I skied the MX84 and if it’s not the AR on my feet it will be the MX84. The interesting thing about the MX…Same great skiing attributes as AR but possibly a little more forgiving. That impression is slight but I didn’t have to be absolutely on my A game where the AR wanted me to be on my A game and rewarded me for doing so. If I can be a little zen here it seemed as though the MX84 was thinking the same things I was thinking right as I was thinking it. I bumped down a couple fun mogul fields and it was initiating the turns as I was thinking them. It was almost like we were on autopilot. Obviously, I need more demo time on the MX84 but is definitely on the top of my list.

The other skis I tried from the Stockli tent were the SR88 and the SR 95.

What was your impression of the new SR95? Have you skied the current model as a reference for comparison?

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
What was your impression of the new SR95? Have you skied the current model as a reference for comparison?

Bobalooski

This was the first SR95 I'd been on. I ski a Motive 95ti on occasion so that would be my reference point for a 95. I didn't ski it in the best conditions as the weather warmed up and it was getting to be a bit of mash potato crud in my testing grounds. I still found some semi firm groomers to try in the shade. My impression is that it would be fun to try in untracked powder but I didn't have the opportunity to test it.

I'm finding that I like all my skis on the firmer side of things even though I'm skiing out West. I like a ski that when it dumps I can hit the pow when the rope drops and when it turns to chop and/or crud still be able to charge it all on the same skis.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Here are some thoughts on a Stockli ski that I believe slips under the radar for most skiers. It doesn't get the "big press" of the Laser AX and it's not the "full-on" Laser SL. I'm talking about the Laser CX. I now own 2 versions of the CX. One pair from 2014 and now a new 2019 season pair (picked up from @LindseyB). Interestingly both pairs show the same dimensions of 122-68-100 with a sidecut radius of 14.1m at 170cm. For those keeping score, this has a bit more sidecut than the Laser SX with relatively the same width underfoot (SX at 70mm). Surprisingly, the current Laser SL has a bit less sidecut than the CX (this wasn't the case years ago).

I ski the Laser CX in the 170cm length as a kind of "relaxed" SL ski. It can make quite tight turns with high edge angles, but it doesn't demand that you do that and is quite happy to cruise along (at mach speeds if you so wish!). What I've found interesting is that although Stockli doesn't show a change in the overall dimensions of this ski over the years, they actually did change the shape of the sidecut. Stockli pushed the widest point of the shovels further up the tip (but nowhere near as aggressively as a Head Supershape). The difference is quite obvious in person (seeing them in 3D) versus the 2D pics below, but you can kind of see the change.

Here's a shot of the 2014 Laser CX:

12908_pic1c.jpg

And here's a shot of the 2019 Laser CX:
laser-cx-ohne.png

What I have observed on slope is that this change provides the updated Laser CX with an even stronger pull across the slope when up on edge. Moral of the story: dimensions alone never tell you the whole story.

The 2019 Laser CX has also been significantly stiffened compared to the 2014. Now of course my 2014 pair have many more days on them, but they were never as stiff as the new 2019 pair. I won't say that the 2019 Laser CX is as stiff as my FIS Laser SL skis (those border on ridiculous for an amateur skier), but the new Laser CX has a lot more "balls". This of course demands that you bring your A-game when it comes to fore/aft balance management. Find yourself back on the tails in a "bad" place and this ski is going to let you know in a big way. The less stiff 2014 version is definitely more forgiving. I think this is more evidence of how skiers should pay more attention to overall flex and the ski flex pattern when finding the right fit ski for their body morphology and skiing skills.

The 2019 Laser CX has the new "knubby" top sheet texture that I've fondled on the Laser AX. It's an interesting touch that Stockli is now using to decrease the wear and tear on the top sheet. Only time will tell if it does the job, but I will say the previous top sheet texturizing on the 2014 Laser CX did the job admirably well. My 2014 pair still look practically brand new. So when you invest in a Stockli, that's another nice "perk" you get from their build quality.

One thing I wish Stockli would start doing in their "race finish tuning" for the Laser series skis is to skyver the sidewalls at the factory and ship them with a 3* side bevel. That would have saved me a ton of prep time in getting these skis ready for the snow.

In summary, if you're looking for a fantastic groomer zoomer for rippin' the hardpack, then you should consider the Laser CX if you've got game. It has all those valued Stockli Laser characteristics; damp, super smooth, unrelenting edge grip, and unbridled power. This is a ski that truly rewards.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Agree with this review. @wallyk, I demo'd the AR (175) at Crystal Mountain yesterday. Everything @LindseyB says about the ski is true. Absolutely amazing, groomers, off piste in soft sludge, bumps, steeps. The ski is precise and needs to be skied precisely off piste, so it requires more work and energy than something wider, more rockered in off piste spring slop. But it is very skiable in all conditions, rewarding and amazing. On groomers the entry into the turn is quick and strong, exit out the turn is electric. The snowfeel is smooth and damp. Exactly what you'd expect from a Stockli. Loved this ski. More precise and performance-oriented than the SR88 (which I also like a lot. . . the version with red on it before it was softened).

I have not skied a MX84, I have skied a MX 83 and there is no comparison. The AR blows that ski away. As good/fun/better on the groomers and no comparison off piste. If you like premium performance skis, the Stockli feel, buy with confidence. You'll have no problem unloading a used pair here (especially if you buy the 175 :ogcool:).

Thanks for the thoughts and insights. Much appreciated. Really appreciate the comments as I'm always looking for a new ski to add and have been trying to find a potential replacement for the MX83. From your description the AR sounds like an intriguing product with a lot of energy. I have an MX83 and it's a fantastic ski. IMHO few skis in the early 80's can compare with the build quality, energy and performance of the MX83. Also have some narrower skis. Need to get on this......or just get a pair.

vilu

Booting up
Skier
I purchased the new SR95. I owned the SR95 from 13/14 in 183 but have no experience with the 18/19. I use it as my touring ski with Tecton bindings and Technica Zero Pro boots. The length is 175 as a good compromise for ski touring. The ski got a little bit lighter and softer in the tip. On groomed the ski does not show the GS-like feeling as the 13/14. I guess it's the combination of both the reduced length and the softer tip. Offpiste in slush with half-frozen traces it still works fine, although not as stable as my old one. But it's still enough ski.
This weekend we were lucky to find untracked powder between 3500 and 2800m. There I loved the versatility of the SR95. And on Sunday we climbed up to 4100m with hard-packed (somtimes icy) and wind blown snow..In the lower sections from 3000m down to 2000m.you could find heavy slush. On the hard snow the ski gave me great confidence and in slush it worked fine as expected.

Sponsor

Staff online