• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lindsey:

I used the SR97 177 as one of my travel skis to Austria and it worked out very well for me -> I’m 5’9” 170 lbs. Plenty enough grip in both soft and later-day scraped off snow, and softish tip to navigate when things got bumped, and good in light pow stashes. And it was very quick ( light on its feet ) if I had to do something evasive.

If the upcoming SR95 (175) is lightened up a bit, any comments on how it might compare to my lighter SR97 (177) ?

Last edited:

Sbum02030

Booting up
Skier
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time account.

Wondering if anyone has any input beyond the one thread on the WRT-ST.

Curious as to what bindings can be used on it (beyond the WRT-12 which seems to be the Atomic/Salomon X-12/16/19/20 race binding) and what plate that would require.

Will there be any changes to it (even graphically) for 2019/2020?

I was hoping to see if I could demo some since my home mountain is partner/specialty retailer and they had a demo day this weekend but I managed to slip a disc a week ago so that idea was nixed.

I come from a FIS racing/academy background and transitioned to coaching since then. However, I still love to ski on my old race skis but they're quite tired now as it has been about 6 years (with about 90 days total in those 6 years) since I used them consistently. The WRT-ST is quite appealing because it appears to have the racing construction that the Laser SL, GS, and SX models have but in a more versatile side cut and length.

I haven't seen much with regards to availability in the US but I assume they should be. If they're not, I guess that solves the issue.

Thanks!

John Baumer

Booting up
Skier
As far as I know, all of the Laser WRTs in the USA come flat. I equipped mine with Marker Piston Plates and Xcell 16s.
I now have more time on them and find them a bit less versatile than the Laser SL, GS and SX. Higher performing though.
I am firmly in the belief that the WRT is basically a FIS SL, that has been stretched.
This makes for an outrageously FUN ski that is a more practical alternative to skiing a FIS SL for a day.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time account.

Wondering if anyone has any input beyond the one thread on the WRT-ST.

Curious as to what bindings can be used on it (beyond the WRT-12 which seems to be the Atomic/Salomon X-12/16/19/20 race binding) and what plate that would require.

Will there be any changes to it (even graphically) for 2019/2020?

I was hoping to see if I could demo some since my home mountain is partner/specialty retailer and they had a demo day this weekend but I managed to slip a disc a week ago so that idea was nixed.

I come from a FIS racing/academy background and transitioned to coaching since then. However, I still love to ski on my old race skis but they're quite tired now as it has been about 6 years (with about 90 days total in those 6 years) since I used them consistently. The WRT-ST is quite appealing because it appears to have the racing construction that the Laser SL, GS, and SX models have but in a more versatile side cut and length.

I haven't seen much with regards to availability in the US but I assume they should be. If they're not, I guess that solves the issue.

Thanks!

The WRT-ST returns next year unchanged.

If you'd like to use something other than an X series binder you'll need to buy the flat version this year as next year all Stockli race stock comes predrilled for Salomon specific plates. You can have it ordered from the warehouse by your local dealer. I saw 5 in stock this A.M. in the 172.

The WRT is a full FIS GS construction ski in a tighter radius. 14.9 @172. GS speeds with an SL bias. I know of a few Nastar diehard guys that have gone to this as their cheater ski from other brands this year. I have been offered full price on the spot multiple times for my demo pair. The ski is a total party.

Sbum02030

Booting up
Skier
Thanks!

I assume the X-Lab mounting plate is the same as ones that come stock on Atomic and Salomon race skis?

My understanding is the X-series between the two companies are the same binding and haven't changed since Atomic got rid of the D2 plate on the SL skis a few years back (1st Gen Redsters I believe, first binding after they phased out the 1018s).

How different are the Laser SX (non-FIS version) and CX builds from the WRT? Would you say the WRT skis with more energy, like a traditional FIS race ski?

I definitely plan on getting a pair of these but wasn't sure what else I'd need to purchase.

Guess I should hit up my shop to get an order in at some point.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
The CX and SX are excellent skis. The WRT is ridiculous. It could carve rails on a hockey rink. True FIS built.

Yes the X-lab binders are the same whether Salomon or Atomic.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
So is the superficial conclusion, absent any testing from the Pugski community calling @Philpug and/or any of the elite testing crew, is that the 2019/20 AR represents a close comparasion to the MX83 and 84? Have been reading the threads and seems like no one aside of @LindseyB has taken these skis for a ride.....

Last edited:

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Look at these.......such a hot looking ride!!!! Performance to match I'm sure. SOMEONE at Pugski has to have skied these and has the details!!!!! @Philpug @UGASkiDawg @Tricia @Ron .........I dont know all these esteemed members but they all have waaaaay more access to the products that I like to read about and fantasize about buying!!! (MY 6 year old is kind of annoying today......possibly swap her for a pari of ARs????

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 11.58.45 AM.png

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look at these.......such a hot looking ride!!!! Performance to match I'm sure. SOMEONE at Pugski has to have skied these and has the details!!!!! @Philpug @UGASkiDawg @Tricia @Ron .........I dont know all these esteemed members but they all have waaaaay more access to the products that I like to read about and fantasize about buying!!! (MY 6 year old is kind of annoying today......possibly swap her for a pari of ARs????

View attachment 68670
All new ski for next seaosn.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

View attachment 68670

Yep, these are already on my buy list; sight unseen. I have yet to play with them, but they look great on paper!

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, these are already on my buy list; sight unseen. I have yet to play with them, but they look great on paper!

Yeah already talked to my guy already, about a month ago! Was hoping to hear from someone who skied these. Just like any new Stöckli model, people who have....are tight lip. Haven’t decided yet or should I say working on a story to justify yet another set of skis. Wish me luck... she wants to go to Disney :doh:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought long & hard about getting in line for the new AR, but feel the SX serves me better for my local hill & its typical conditions, so I'm getting the SX
There are the skis we want and the skis we actually need -> once in a while I need to be realistic !:daffy:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I thought long & hard about getting in line for the new AR, but feel the SX serves me better for my local hill & its typical conditions, so I'm getting the SX
There are the skis we want and the skis we actually need -> once in a while I need to be realistic !:daffy:

Yeah, I don't need the AR, but it sure does fill a hole right between my Laser CX (68mm) and my Stormrider 95. Like absolutely perfectly. It will replace my Scott Neo which is in its last days.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
This is pure sacrilege! How could you not get on this new Stockli? I've lost all faith in you Ron. ;)

contrary to popular belief, when at SIA, its actually a lot of work and you dont always get to ski what you like or want to ski. This was on our list but it was out the couple of times I went to the tent.

Sponsor