• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ctsnowplow

Getting on the lift
Skier

They are reverting to the color scheme from 2 years ago which I didn’t particularly like, the current one is much better.

The black Odermatts seem nice tho. Too bad we can only see the tips.
Much more character than the current ones. Yes, nice.
the Race skis are the same graphic for 2025 as they were this year.

JustSkidding

Booting up
Skier
My previous hobby was skiing, but it now seems to be trying out Stöckli skis. This interest will likely continue until I've tested every model in every length, which might take another year or two.

Last weekend, we had fun skiing conditions with powder-covered pistes, medium bumps, and even some packed snow on popular runs. It was a diverse weekend with varied conditions. I tried two new skis:

1. Montero AS 178 cm: This ski immediately felt like a relaxed version of the Laser SC. It was a nice ski, more precise than the Montero AX, and easier to engage the edges. Turning was very easy; I finally understand the term 'forgiving' because it allowed me to be a bit lazy with my stance and technique. It was slower than the AR and AX (possibly due to the snow conditions that day), but I enjoyed this aspect, especially in poor visibility when I prefer not to ski fast on bumpy terrain.
  2. Stormrider 88 175 cm: This was a new experience as it is the widest ski I have ever used. Most skiers this weekend were on large freeride skis. I used to think that wide skis with a large turn radius were difficult to control, but that wasn't the case. It was super controllable and smooth over bumps, with a very comfortable ride. I was able to ski quite fast over bumpy terrain without feeling like my bindings would snap. However, I wasn't able to execute pure carving turns on it, and would be interesting to try it on freshly groomed piste.
In conclusion, I prefer Montero AX to AS, but not that sure how much more I prefer it to Stormrider 88.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
  1. Stormrider 88 175 cm: This was a new experience as it is the widest ski I have ever used. Most skiers this weekend were on large freeride skis. I used to think that wide skis with a large turn radius were difficult to control, but that wasn't the case. It was super controllable and smooth over bumps, with a very comfortable ride. I was able to ski quite fast over bumpy terrain without feeling like my bindings would snap. However, I wasn't able to execute pure carving turns on it, and would be interesting to try it on freshly groomed piste.
In conclusion, I prefer Montero AX to AS, but not that sure how much more I prefer it to Stormrider 88.
My 88's are my daily drivers for almost everything!

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
I was on the hunt for a pair of SX's on an end of season deal when I came across a lightly used Nordica Multigara at a great price. Similar dimensions to the SX but I believe that it feels more like the SX's of yore. Have yet to try them out but psyched to do so. Maybe in the next few days. Maybe next year. I own an all-yellow AX from a few years back which is still going very strong.

I did get a chance to ski on the Nordica Multigara 2x before it was time to hang 'em up for the season in my neighborhood. 1st time out was a disaster. Ankle deep slush that pulled the skis in every direction except the one I wanted to go. Wondered if I'd made a big mistake. 2nd time was more enlightening. Firmer snow but by no means hard and these dogs were quite obedient. Like their namesake they are happy moving fast and like to hang on and not let go. Hard to say more than that, but I'm feeling very good about them heading into next season.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I did get a chance to ski on the Nordica Multigara 2x before it was time to hang 'em up for the season in my neighborhood. 1st time out was a disaster. Ankle deep slush that pulled the skis in every direction except the one I wanted to go. Wondered if I'd made a big mistake. 2nd time was more enlightening. Firmer snow but by no means hard and these dogs were quite obedient. Like their namesake they are happy moving fast and like to hang on and not let go. Hard to say more than that, but I'm feeling very good about them heading into next season.
Is this the ski that @Rudi Riet likes?

Sponsor