• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Stockli.jpg

19 Laser AX TC.png
Stöckli Laser AX
Dimensions: 123-78-110
Radius: 15.6m@175cm
Sizes: 159, 167, 175, 183
Size tested: 175
Design: Carryover/NGT

Ron: (from last year) The new AX represents the new class of narrow all-mountain skis. It has a very unique build with softish, slightly rockered tips but is quite stiff torsionally. Moving down the ski, it is fairly stiff underfoot with thick sidewalls and ample camber. It features a more traditional tail (slightly rounded but flat-ended) that is slightly turned up with no rocker. It does what no other ski in this class can do. The tip becomes very stable when tipped on edge and pulls you into a turn like a true carving ski. The AX is eerily stable and quiet at speed, too. Taking it into softer snow like bumps and piled-up groomers, its softer tips absorb and rise up just enough. It just slices through push piles like the proverbial hot knife through butter. It can stand up to skis much wider with more rocker. I did find that the bindings may need to be moved forward just a touch. Overall this ski is fantastic! (I own it now.)
  • Who is it for? Advanced intermediates and up who like the feel of a narrower ski for all-mountain conditions including boilerplate carving up to a few inches of fresh.
  • Who is it not for? You would be surprised just how versatile this ski is! Those with aversions to four-digit prices just need to wait for a used pair -- but it will be worth the wait.
  • Insider tip: Demo first to be sure of the mount point; the 175 skis like a 178.

UGASkiDawg: A Stöckli rocketship! The Laser AX is one of the finest skis I have ever put on my feet. I rode it at the SIA test two years ago and loved it then; I love it even more now. This is mostly because my tastes have evolved: I was previously looking for a strong one-ski quiver candidate, and the Kästle FX95 HP narrowly edged out the Stormrider 95. Now I’m looking to fill out a two-ski quiver, and this ski will be my narrower everyday ski along with a One Oh Something for the deeper days.
  • Who is it for? People who like to have fun and spend money.
  • Who is it not for? Beginner-level skiers and people who don’t like to pay top dollar.
  • Insider tip: Raid the kids' college fund and/or your retirement accounts! Disclaimer: I make suggestions, you make decisions.

19 Laser SC TC.png
Stöckli Laser SC
Dimensions: 123-72-104
Radius: 14.9m@170cm
Sizes: 149, 156, 163, 170, 177
Size tested: 170

Ron: Although I read comparisons to the Stöckli Laser AX, the SC is a step up in performance and certainly less versatile. "SC" stands for "slalom carver," and that description befits the ski perfectly. The SC is ultra-precise and ultra-fun. Just think about engaging the tip, and you're on your way to G-pulling turns and a huge grin. Despite this, it isn't overly stiff or brutish and can be skied by anyone with skills. I wouldn't want this ski for anything else but digging trenches, but it's also happy making GS turns or just playing around seeing how close you can get your hip to the ground. Smooth, damp, and stable. Got the chops? Buy it.
  • Who is it for? Racers or those with the technical skills worthy to ski it the way it begs to be skied.
  • Who is it not for? If in doubt, the answer is not you.
  • Insider tip: Do you want more carving and less versatility? SC. Do you want good carving and more versatility? AX.

19 Laser SX TC.png
Stöckli Laser SX
Dimensions: 120-72-99
Radius: 15.4m@170cm
Sizes: 149, 156, 163, 170, 177, 184
Size tested: 177

Doug Briggs: Here we have another solid-performing Stöckli product. Turns on the Laser SX are smooth and easy, and you can vary their size to anything you want. There is a level of precision here that mortal skis just do not have.
  • Who is it for? Skiers that demand performance from their skis.
  • Who is it not for? The meek, but then again, thats why there is the AX
  • Insider tip: Do you really need that second born either?

19 Scale Beta.png
Stöckli Scale Beta
Dimensions: 124-77-104
Radius: 16m@172cm
Sizes: 152, 162, 172, 182
Size tested: 162

Tricia: As with any Stöckli, the Beta Scale delivers the precision that you’d expect. What sets it apart is the sporty feeling you get whether you’re making medium- or long-radius turns. This is the ski that makes Stöckli accessible to the advancing skier.
  • Who is it for? The skier who wants Stöckli precision without the demands of the Laser lineup.
  • Who is it not for? The budget-minded.
  • Insider tip: If you want little more kick in the butt, consider the Stöckli Laser SC.

19 Scale Gamma.png
Stöckli Scale Gamma
Dimensions: 135-81-107
Radius: 17m@175cm
Sizes: 155, 165, 175, 185

UGASkiDawg: I got on this ski at the behest of @Tricia, and I’m glad I did. (Of course, one almost always says that when the ski underfoot is from Stöckli.) It is a frontside-oriented all-conditions ski with that sublime Stöckli snow feel.
  • Who is it for? Skiers looking for technically competent narrower one-ski quiver with a traditional shape.
  • Who is it not for? People without lots of cash.
  • Insider tip: Demo.

19 SR 88.png
Stöckli Stormrider 88
Dimensions: 128-88-114
Radius: 19m@177cm
Sizes: 168, 177, 186
Size tested: 177
Design: All New

Philpug: Stöckli went back to the drawing board after one model run of the recent Stormrider 88. This is unusual for a manufacturer, especially a premium builder that has less margin of error when building a ski (particularly in a financial sense). Stöckli decided that the lightweight balsa core was just not enough for a ski called "Stormrider," and in this category for sure.

On to the new ski. Thank you Stöckli for bringing back what I expect a Stormrider to be. Honestly, a premium ski doesn’t need to be for everyone, and the SR 88 has had its backbone returned and wants to charge again. There are plenty of skis for solid intermediates; the Stormrider needs to be earned, and the new one raises that bar up again.
  • Who is it for? Skiers who want refinement but still want to charge when in the mood.
  • Who is it not for? The new SR 88 will expose your weaknesses as a skier, so unless you are comfortable with that.
  • Insider tip: For the "who is it not for" crowd, find yourself a 2017-18 model.

FairToMiddlin: For about four years now, Stöckli has been churning out a very refined, very easygoing SR 88. When it first came out, I thought it was one of those capable skis that nevertheless took it easy on you, not urging you to pour every ounce of oomph you have into each turn (unlike the potent Völkl RTM 86). If you can remember back another four or so years beyond that, the Stormrider name did not bring such easygoing thoughts to mind.

The rep in the tent hinted that Stöckli felt it had gone a bit too far, however, and sought to remedy that for 2019. What it ended up with was un-accessiblizing done right; the incoming SR 88 is stellar.

Compared to the current/outgoing SR 88, next year’s ski is more aggressive, responses to input are more immediate, there is more power in the ski underneath your feet. And yet it didn’t feel like there is an equal increase in its neediness. This is not a ski that will wear you down; you won’t be grunting like Monica Seles as you navigate through crud, bumps, or trees. Instead, almost anything feels possible: stuff it into unknown piles of snow with confidence, and make turn shapes bigger or smaller than its stated radius. So easy was the latter, I would have tried the next size up (if they had it). I bet it would have been a pleasure.
  • Who is it for? Anyone will feel like a rockstar on this.
  • Who is it not for? Non-rockstar-aspiring peeps.

UGASkiDawg: A one-ski-quiver candidate with enough but not too much tip rocker, the SR 88 skis more traditionally than, say, the Kästle FX series but still has that playful feel off piste. It was easy to drive in every condition that I could find but still able to rip on the groomers once you found the sweet spot.
  • Who is it for? If you are looking for a narrower one-ski quiver for western conditions, this is your ski.
  • Who is it not for? People who want a one-trick pony.
  • Insider tip: Like all Stöcklis, this one deserves a demo even if you aren’t going to buy just so you’ll know what the hype is all about.

Ron: Stöckli made a surprisingly quick change to the 2019 Stormrider after some felt the 2018 version was too soft with the lightweight core. I can't say, as I didn't ski the old 88, but this version felt stable, solid damp, precise, and responsive with an even and predictable flex like all of the other Stormriders -- which is to say, it's a superb ski. I have to admit, I am addicted to the feel and performance of Stöcklis. I skied the 88 immediately after the 95 on the same run to experience the difference. Although the 88 is obviously 7 mm narrower, I can't say that it's monumentally quicker than the 95. It was quicker but not all that much quicker, and a bit more precise which makes me wonder if anyone really "needs" both the 88 and the 95. I own the Laser AX and the 95, and I would think you could own the Laser AX and the 88 (as long as you own the Laser AX, of course) as a top-tier all-mountain duo.
  • Who is it for? This is another ski for those with skills and who can appreciate what goes into this ski and why it is priced where it is. Stöcklis are simply superb skis.
  • Who is it not for? Those who are looking for "just a ski."
  • Insider tip: Decide whether you need a 95 or an 88.

19 SR 95 TC.png
Stöckli Stormrider 95
Dimensions: 131-95-120
Radius: 17.2m@175cm
Sizes: 157, 166, 175, 184
Design: New Construction

Doug Briggs: I really liked this ski as it is quite similar in style to my own 2018 K2 Pinnacle 88s. The width makes them a strong off-piste ski that can work the groomers with ease. In typical Stöckli fashion, they are sturdy, strong, and responsive.
  • Who is it for? Me. Seriously, though, the SR 95 could easily be a one-ski quiver for someone who needs to deal with natural conditions and groomers.
  • Who is it not for? Those with deep pockets and short arms.
  • Insider tip: It is Stöckli on 95mm skis, need I say more?

Ron: Disclosure, I own this ski. The Stormrider is an uber-smooth, stable, and rather easy (relatively) ski that performs in a wide range of conditions. The tips are fairly soft, but the ski stiffens progressively until its stiff underfoot and then the flex tapers out to a moderate flex at the tail. There's a surprising amount of low splay rocker in the tips and the 184 doesnt ski as long as you think. It's eerily quiet and stable and has no speed limit that I could find. Despite this, it is happy at almost any turn shape and the slightly turned-up rockered tail can be released easily for good handling in bumps, trees, and steeps. It smooths out rough snow and crud superbly. On soft groomers it's an absolute joy to ski as its GS roots shine: bring it up on edge and go for a ride.

One thing I have to stress is that in my opinion, some of Stöckli's suggested mount points are too far back. Yes, you can adjust to them, but I have found that moving them forward even 5 mm can make a significant difference in the responsiveness and maneuverability of the ski. This was echoed by my local ski shop, which suggested trying them forward after their own testing experiences.
  • Who is it for? Advanced intermediates and up with skills or serious about building their skills.
  • Who is it not for? It is still most happy off piste or in bumps and trees, so don't buy it just for the front side.
  • Insider tip: Demo first and have the tech cheat you forward +1, or two clicks on the demo bindings, for added quickness and tip engagement.

SBrown: (from last year) I can’t compare the SR 95 to any previous generations, but apparently it has been stiffened up a bit over the previous version, and the carbon tip inserts removed. Still, I found the tip to be supple in moguls; groomers at speed were silky smooth. Just wow. This length was just fine for me on groomed, but I'm not sure what off piste would be like.
  • Who is it for? Whoever, the performance range seems to be vast.
  • Who is it not for? All of us on a budget.
  • Insider tip: Can’t decide if I like the little tartan graphics or not.

UGASkiDawg: (from last year) I loved the previous version of this ski in the 183, so I was excited to get out on the new version. I definitely would have preferred the 183 but all they had was the 175. Still, this thing is money. Like all Stöcklis I have been on, it just executes what is asked of it with no fuss. An all-mountain scalpel that is user friendly without any loss of power or precision, the SR95 has that supple feel that connects you to the mountain. Every time I get on it, I start rethinking my decision to buy the Kästle FX95HP; this is the only ski to ever come close to doing that. I could have this ski as the holy grail of the one-ski quiver and be perfectly happy in all conditions.
  • Who is it for? Anyone who loves skiing!
  • Who is it not for? People who don’t like paying a premium for a premium ski.
  • Insider tip: Size up!
Women

19 Laser MX TC.png
Stöckli Laser MX
Dimensions: 119-65-100
Radius: 11.4m@156cm
Sizes: 144, 150, 156, 162
Size tested: 156
Design: All New

Tricia: The first thought that came to mind when I was getting set up on this ski was, “That seems short for me.” But I have to tell you, the minute I started skiing it, all I could think was, "OMG, this ski was meant for me!" At 65 mm underfoot, the precision and smoothness is unmatched for any other ski I had the fortune of skiing this season. I sincerely didn’t want to give this ski back to the rep. In fact, I took it out at Copper, Mammoth, and Snowbasin just because I could!
  • Who is it for? A woman looking for a premium, precise carving ski.
  • Who is it not for? Budget-minded skiers and off-piste explorers.
  • Insider tip: Don’t be afraid to go a little shorter.

SkiNurse: I don't think there are enough adjectives to describe this ski. Smooth and responsive. It seems to predict what you want to do next. Slow turns, it wants to cruise. High speed? More, please.
  • Who is it for? Anyone who wants a pure ski
  • Who is it not for? No one. Sell your children to buy this.

AmyPJ: Holy moly, what a friendly little sports car! I was really nervous to ski these, because they just LOOK like a supercharged race ski. Well, they are in a way, but they are also a barrel o’ fun and really easy to ski! If Santa or some elves brought me a pair, I’d be a happy lady. They are just so easy to turn, and smooth like nothing I’ve ever skied on. SUPER confidence-inspiring! I want a pair!
  • Who is it for? You, me, and everyone else. Someone who desires the feel of a premium carving ski, and has the budget to purchase said premium carving ski.
  • Who is it not for? A powder snob who only skis on powder days.

19 SR Motion 85.png
Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85
Dimensions: 129-85-113
Radius: 15.8m@168cm
Sizes: 153, 161, 168
Size tested: 168
Design: New Construction

Tricia: This new rendition of the Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85 is a winner in my book. While the previous version of this ski was super fun and amazingly smooth, this version has all of that but with a slightly new shape to make turn initiation a little easier. There isn't much else to say except Stöckli smoothness always prevails.
  • Who is it for? A woman skier looking for an all-mountain ski with a premium feel from first chair to last call.
  • Who is it not for? It isn't budget-friendly unless you can find a killer end-of-season sale.
  • Insider tip: Enjoy!

AmyPJ: Color me another Stöckli fan. These felt a little slow edge to edge at first, but DUH, I’d just skied a 65mm sports car (aka the Stöckli Laser MX mentioned previously). Once I relaxed on these and let them cruise, I really liked them. Smooth and easy to turn, with a serious yet relaxed side to them. I’d love to ski these back to back with my Black Pearls, which are more playful yet not as smooth.
  • Who is it for? An intermediate to advanced skier who wants a ski that is friendly, smooth, and crud-busting.
  • Who is it not for? Those on a budget.

n443

Booting up
Skier
A vote for the Stöckli SC's. I tried a whole bunch of skies before deciding on them and I *love* the SC's. A friend of mine that tried them described it best: skiing the SC's feels like a whole another sport. I truly forgot how much fun skiing was until I got on them. One thing though -- they want to be driven fast. The harder you drive them, the better they get.

Actually, do not listen to any reviews; if you have the chance, try them and then form your opinion.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
How does the SR88 ski for length? I normally ski a 170 (old camber only Kendo, currently on the Fischer ProMTN 86ti in 175). 5'6" 170lbs and agressive skier.
(do some masters racing and solid technique). Looks like I'm in between 168-177 and thinking the 177 is going to be too long in the bumps/trees/tighter chutes.

For context, I'm usually ripping the groomers on the women's FIS SL (155) and GS (183) skis which are a pile of fun. Basically looking to replace the ProMTN or whatever 85-89mm varient I like to use for freeskiing. Went with the Fischer vs. Kendo/Brahma for a better time in the bumps which it is. Looking for a daily driver for the days I don't want to be stuck on the race skis or days that aren't big snow days in which I'll use my powder skis.

Trying to weight the trade off of groomer speed/stability and ease of use in the big bumps/tight trees. If the 168 can hang at full flight on the groomers and handle whatever I can throw at it then I have my answer given they will be easier to manage in the bumps.

Also was considering the MX89 but feel that might not be the ideal tool in the bumps despite being supurb on the groomers and slightly broken stuff.

I ski 75+ days in the Rocky Mountains. (Lake Louise/Sunshine/etc.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How does the SR88 ski for length? I normally ski a 170 (old camber only Kendo, currently on the Fischer ProMTN 86ti in 175). 5'6" 170lbs and agressive skier.
(do some masters racing and solid technique). Looks like I'm in between 168-177 and thinking the 177 is going to be too long in the bumps/trees/tighter chutes.

For context, I'm usually ripping the groomers on the women's FIS SL (155) and GS (183) skis which are a pile of fun. Basically looking to replace the ProMTN or whatever 85-89mm varient I like to use for freeskiing. Went with the Fischer vs. Kendo/Brahma for a better time in the bumps which it is. Looking for a daily driver for the days I don't want to be stuck on the race skis or days that aren't big snow days in which I'll use my powder skis.

Trying to weight the trade off of groomer speed/stability and ease of use in the big bumps/tight trees. If the 168 can hang at full flight on the groomers and handle whatever I can throw at it then I have my answer given they will be easier to manage in the bumps.

Also was considering the MX89 but feel that might not be the ideal tool in the bumps despite being supurb on the groomers and slightly broken stuff.

I ski 75+ days in the Rocky Mountains. (Lake Louise/Sunshine/etc.)
I think the 88 skis a tad short but not by much...It sound like you are falling in that dreaded between sizes zone. This is where 9cm size breaks are just too much and IMHO 7 (max 8) is better. Maybe look at the 177 but mount it +1 to 1.5?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

I'm not sure I am clear on this based on Phils answer: if you are asking if the 88 in a 177 ski's long or short, IMHO, it ski's about right, It def' does not ski short. Compared to a Fischer Pro MTN 85 in a 175, the 2 are very different. I felt the 175 skied OK at that length but the 88 feels longer (beyond the 2cm's) than how the Fischer in a 175 skied. I much preferred the Fischer in a 182. I think the difference is the tip and shovel of the Fischer. it has more splay,

that said, I agree with Phil that the 177 may be too long and wish Stockli had different runs.

Green Hat

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ron,

about this...

Insider tip: Demo first to be sure of the mount point; the 175 skis like a 178.

I happen to have the AX on 175 and 167 but I have not skied yet this year, bought them used over the Summer.
Does that mean the 167 skis like 170?

I feel my right ski length is 170cm @ 190 lbs, 5'10. not an expert ski, intermediate to advanced level. I am not really an aggressive skier though.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
i didnt ski the 168 and there could be subtle differences DEMO

if you have to make a decision w/out demoing, I would wager that the 168 is going to be fine. If you can demo, please try cheating the demo binding forward 1-2 "clicks" forward for comparison

Last edited:

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm 5'6" 160# on the stockli laser ax 168cm ---> perfect. Haven't tried the 175cm ax.
I do have Renoun Z90 in 174cm and the stockli is much more comfortable probably due to huge sweetspot. Can make and do enjoy the Z90's in deeper fresh - but the balance point is much tighter.

I'm more of a finesse/light skier which likes to do bumps, but do get quite a bit of speed at times on wide groomers.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks Gents,

I too feel the ProMtn skis a little short due to it's shovel/rise....hence picking up the 175 and also ended up moving the mount backwards 0.75cm. Sounds like the 168 is making more sense in the length trade off given I'm in between sizes (happens with Kaestle as well). I like a shorter and quicker ski....but it also has to be rock solid when throttle is pinned for me.

Given the "softer" flex of the 88, any concerns about topping out on stability as far as speed goes? For reference, something like the Kendo or Brahma doesn't seem to have a limit....go as fas as your ability and guts allow you to....the ski will still be there underfoot. E.g. does the SR88 have a speed limit? I know it's a strange feel to have a ski that can ski easy but still handle some charging....just wondering if there is a limit to how it charges or something I just shouldn't be concerned with.

Unfortunately no SR demos around here, I can jump on the Laser AX but suspect it's a different beast. AX sounds like a groomer ski that can manage better than it's width suggests in the crud/chop/fresher stuff. SR sounds more greared to the all-mountain range but still retains the trench digging pedigree.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Given the "softer" flex of the 88, any concerns about topping out on stability as far as speed goes?

PFFF, dont even think about that.

Unfortunately no SR demos around here, I can jump on the Laser AX but suspect it's a different beast. AX sounds like a groomer ski that can manage better than it's width suggests in the crud/chop/fresher stuff. SR sounds more greared to the all-mountain range but still retains the trench digging pedigree.

Yep, thats pretty much the story. As long as you dont mid a little narrower feel underfoot, they are more than adequate for up to 6". I just skied them in boot broken at Copper.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
PFFF, dont even think about that.

+1. I've got the "wimpy" '17-'18 SR88s in 177 and they're plenty stable at higher speeds and are smooth enough so you don't get knocked around. Of course, if it's a perfect groomer day with uncrowded slopes you should be on your 183 GS anyway! ogsmile

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
What a great ski. I picked up the 168 and put it through it’s paces. Everything from boiler to fresh mid shin powder.

While it does have a speed limit (not when riding the sidecut but when actively trying to impart a pile of energy into the ski at high speed) it’s remarkably stable and doesn’t ever feel like it wants to just hook up out of nowhere. (Likely the tip shape).

I find while it can hold on boilerplate, it’s no race ski. So anything that’s 8.5-9/10ths skiing it can handle....if you want to crank up to 10/10ths you are going to want a race ski.

On the other hand the ski is unreal damp, so easy to ski, yet can take it when you decide to charge (see above). Superb ski in the bumps due to the flex but can still do double duty everywhere else. An ideal all mountain ski for me.

I liken this ski to a 911 GTS, it can hang at speed but you can still take it to run errands or take a significant other out for dinner without jarring their teeth or back out. You give up a raw track focus of a GT2/GT3, but it’s much more livable and preferred everywhere but the track.

From a tuners perspective, this has to be one of the nicest skis I’ve had to prep. Pretty much come ready to go out of the wrapper and the finish to the base (it’s actually flat!) and top sheet already beveled, etc.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I skied the Laser SC and really liked it. I would say the review here captures it perfectly -- it can be a slalom ski, or with finesse, a GS ski. Only thing I didn't like was the binding or perhaps sweet spot on the ski? I had to put a trail map under my heel to pressure the tips without crushing my shin... So I guess this ski expects a more forward lean boot? Anyone have comparison for SC vs AX vs SX regarding a more upright boot and/or forward pressure each demands? I swapped back from the Laser SC to a Volkl RTM and found that the ski responded without needing as much shin pressure. Both were demo skis. The SC had a Fischer demo binding.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
@Ron sorry I am totally clueless regarding binding adjustments. I don't know what spoilers or "cheated forward" clicks are.... On skis I own (2017 Kendo) I feel a similar sensation to the Laser SC - that maybe I am in the wrong place on the ski in natural stance. Bindings on that are Tyrolia Attack 13 . How do I adjust these? I haven't tried the trail map thing yet on those.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
if they are not adjustable bindings you cannot adjust. He is talking about if you have demo bindings, move the forward and back both 1click forward to effectively move forward.
You can't do that with fixed bindings. However, if your fixed bindings are not set correctly with ForwardPressure and toe height, then it's not set right. Did you set bindings yourself, or did a shop do it with your boot and run it through the tester?
Forward Pressure should be screw in the back, and then after setting and clicking in, a small arrow should be somewhere in the middle of the hash marks.
I don't remember if there is Toe or AFD height adjustment on your specific model, but it should be another screw to adjust the afd or Toe gap to .50mm. With common found materials, this relates to 1 standard businesscard can be pulled out easily but 2 business cards are fully tight and can't pull out.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I had a shop do the final tweaks on the (Kendo) binding, but they severely botched the initial tune on the skis. So, I am guessing they did not set the bindings properly either...

The fischer binding on the demo Stockli Laser SC ski was REALLY EASY to click in. The Volkl RTM binding was much harder to click in. Likewise on my (Kendo) skis, the bindings are REALLY EASY to click in. But they do not feel quite right.

I am sorry to derail this Stockli thread... thank you @raytseng and @Ron. Sounds like step 1 is to take the skis to a different shop and adjust the binding. Why is this so hard? If someone can recommend a video, I can learn this and do it myself. I have dwindling faith in all shops.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
this website sorta covers the similar indicators; but it might not be exactly the same for your binding:
https://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/how-to-adjust-your-tyrolia-ski-bindings/

but in general for aatacks,
Forward Pressure: indicator moves to middle of hashmarks.
AFD/ToeHeight: 1 business card can be slided out, but 2 business cards cannot.

The amount of force to click-in isn't really a good indicator, just cause there are different designs. But with your boot in, if there is any wobble or boot has play something is definitely not right. Go to a different shop, if you're paying full price for an adjustment it should include actual testing on a machine to verify. You shouldn't be paying more than a token amount, if it's just the tech working a screwdriver for 5min and not machine-tested.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
if you are unsure about adjusting something as critical as your bindings, you need to go to a shop where properly trained techs can set them up correctly. Spoilers are small wedge-like devices that are affixed behind your calf in the cuff of the boot. If you dont have them, just about any shop most likely has a few dozen of them laying around that they should give to you.

Sponsor

Staff online