• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll ask him. This is the Bman we are talking about, so probably the burlier ones. **Update** They are the SPX binding.
How long are they?
They are 180, yes.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I understand why @Utahski isn't in love with these. The new Experience 88Ti is a different ski than the ski he does like and Rossignol never claimed that it would the same. With the new design, I also think that he is now falling in between sizes. The new elongated tip makes the 180 feel shorter where the old one skied it's full length. I think I posted somewhere that Rossi actually should have changed the name of the ski because it is so different than it's predecessor. I DO think that it is a better ski for more people and not as specialized as the outgoing model.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes to all of that, Phil. He at one point thought he should go longer, but 180 is really his sweet spot. Good news is he found some of the 2018s yesterday and grabbed them (mounted with SPX 12s! Score!) So, his will definitely be for sale. He's taking them to the shop to give them a once over, then we'll list them.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes to all of that, Phil. He at one point thought he should go longer, but 180 is really his sweet spot. Good news is he found some of the 2018s yesterday and grabbed them (mounted with SPX 12s! Score!) So, his will definitely be for sale. He's taking them to the shop to give them a once over, then we'll list them.
Shoot @jimmy a PM first, I think he is interested. I know that we couldn't get him off of ours at A-Basin.

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
How does the new EXP 88 compare to the new Monster 88? I have and love the old monsters(15-16) but these new models have peaked an interest.
Thanks

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I finally got to demo the new E88 yesterday at Killington. It took a few runs to find the sweet spot compared to my Elan 88XTi, which are stiff and damp, but they were pretty much as described above by Phil. Once I found that spot, I could step on them and get a solid carve, yet still was swishing around in softer cut up snow. I didn't take them in true bumps, as my legs were cooked by three days of skiing to start my season. The Navigator 85 come close in fun factor, but didn't feel quite as connected for me. The Head Monster 88 reminded me of my Elans, so of course I loved them, but I have narrower carvers and want something more compliant for all conditions. The E94 and Dynastar Legend 96 were a little too slow edge-to-edge for what I'm looking for with east coast conditions, but both are really nice with the edge to the Legend.

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Still very interested in these. I love the monster's but some times I do not like to always be going "Mach Schnell" speeds to wake them up. I love the ride though. I find myself slowing a little in the afternoon these day and was curious about the EXP 88 at slower speeds? I love the east coast mixed condition performance of the monsters and curious if the EXP will plow through the crud like the older monster? I am a steep and smooth man and knees said good bye to the bumps long ago so not looking for a bump ski.. I

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How does the new EXP 88 compare to the new Monster 88? I have and love the old monsters(15-16) but these new models have peaked an interest.
Thanks
I really like both skis. I think the Monster is a bit more traditional in feel, especially in the forebody of the ski. The Exp88 is more relaxed into the turn and feels more powerful in the middle of the turn when you step on it. The Monster is a little rounder. The Rossi has the advantage off piste for sure with it's gradual tip design.

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hi Phil Thank you for that insight and appreciate you sharing it .Off to find a demo.. Funny I do have a brand new (in the box)of orange FKS140s waiting for a new ride..they have been waiting 3 years...
cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online