• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2019 Rossignol Experience 88 Ti Review

https://www.skiessentials.com/

James

Out There
Instructor
If the Motive 86 had been available in 188 cm or so (next size up), I suspect I would have liked it even more than the Elan, but I recall it had more rocker. The Elan just doesn't wash out like other semi-rockered skis on Eastern hardpack. I think the minimal rocker in the E88 is why I liked it, but at 180 cm was too soft in that old version. So looking for that perfect blend of minimal rocker, stiffness, and length for my size. I'm trying to get more comfortable in the bumps and at my skill level I think the Elan is limiting my development.
Have you tried the Monster 88?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
@AmyPJ At 6'6", 225 lb, I like the sound of metal being added, but more rocker and less connected to the snow not so much. Would your guy recommend the current 88 HD or the new 88 Ti for someone like me? I currently ski a 186 cm Elan Amphibio 88 XTi.

Try a Dynastar Legend 88.. The long one. Mount it -3 behind the suggested mount point, or wait for the 18-19 184 Head Monster. Both are much stronger skis for bigger guys than the new Exp 88.

Sponsor

Staff online