• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2019 Rossignol Experience 88 Ti Review

https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

At this point we've tested the new Rossignol Experience 88 Ti in a wide variety of conditions over the past couple months at Stowe and Stratton. We think this new concept takes the Experience collection to the next level and is more aligned with the demands of the modern skier. Check it out! Has anyone else been on these new skis?

Mike75

Booting up
Skier
So the 2019 e88 has some metal in it? That would be an improvement in my book. Really liked the e100, really disliked the e88 and the big reason was the lack metal in the old e88.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@utahskier has the new E88s (yes, he has connections) and loves them. He's also a HUGE fan of the old version, and of the E100s.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
How would you guys compare the characteristics of the new E88 Ti to the most recent updates to the Blizzard Brahma? How do they compare and contrast. Changes I. Each ski seem to have moved them closer to one another in function, than older iterations.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I will probably retire my old 2014 E88's next year, I was leaning towards the Blizzard Brahma, or Brahma CA but the new E88 might be worth a look. So yes, some comparison between the two brands would be useful...

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The new E88s have a lot more rocker (according to the BF, who LOVES the previous season's version.) He's kind of wondering if he shouldn't have sized up in them. They are a lot lighter, and as he says, feel less connected to the snow. He still likes them, but I think he prefers the previous version. So much so, that he is considering hunting down a pair to have in the closet. He's also the E100s biggest fan. (Really!)

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@AmyPJ At 6'6", 225 lb, I like the sound of metal being added, but more rocker and less connected to the snow not so much. Would your guy recommend the current 88 HD or the new 88 Ti for someone like me? I currently ski a 186 cm Elan Amphibio 88 XTi.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ At 6'6", 225 lb, I like the sound of metal being added, but more rocker and less connected to the snow not so much. Would your guy recommend the current 88 HD or the new 88 Ti for someone like me? I currently ski a 186 cm Elan Amphibio 88 XTi.
If I had to guess, I'd say the current 88HD.

Mike75

Booting up
Skier
I'm your weight and a couple of inches shorter. Would not go with the current 88 HD, its not stiff enough. The e100 is where its at for bigger dudes.

Ventura

Booting up
Skier
Added metal, yet the new E88's are lighter? I'd expect them to be heavier...

I have a set of the E88's made a couple season back, 2016 IIRC. I spend a lot of time on the race course for beer league, NASTAR, other races, and am usually on Hero Masters M21's. Also I'm a 220 lb guy. Before a demo, I wasn't expecting much from the E88's due to the lack of metal. I was pleasantly surprised how 'beefy' they skied for me and have been quite happy with their performance. 180's, by the way.

So a little more rocker in the new ones would suit me. Less connected? Does that mean too soft? What size gave this impression?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Added metal, yet the new E88's are lighter? I'd expect them to be heavier...

I have a set of the E88's made a couple season back, 2016 IIRC. I spend a lot of time on the race course for beer league, NASTAR, other races, and am usually on Hero Masters M21's. Also I'm a 220 lb guy. Before a demo, I wasn't expecting much from the E88's due to the lack of metal. I was pleasantly surprised how 'beefy' they skied for me and have been quite happy with their performance. 180's, by the way.

So a little more rocker in the new ones would suit me. Less connected? Does that mean too soft? What size gave this impression?
Yep, they are lighter which I think combined with the increased rocker, makes them feel "less connected". He's on a 180 (181??) and is kind of thinking he should have gone longer. He likes them, just not as much. Not sure if I mentioned, he's an L3 instructor with fantastic technique. He's a finesse skier vs. power, I'd say. He'd rock those old 88s everywhere. He's now holding onto his E100s for dear life and might grab another pair for the future. There's just something about that ski design that he really likes. That being said, his comments on the new E88s are, "they are fine". But they don't light him up like the old ones, that's for sure.

Ventura

Booting up
Skier
Yep, they are lighter which I think combined with the increased rocker, makes them feel "less connected". He's on a 180 (181??) and is kind of thinking he should have gone longer. He likes them, just not as much. Not sure if I mentioned, he's an L3 instructor with fantastic technique. He's a finesse skier vs. power, I'd say. He'd rock those old 88s everywhere. He's now holding onto his E100s for dear life and might grab another pair for the future. There's just something about that ski design that he really likes. That being said, his comments on the new E88s are, "they are fine". But they don't light him up like the old ones, that's for sure.

Gotcha, and thanks. Yeah, I probably need to work on my finesse a little, ahem a lot. That said, I find the prior gen E88's easy to lay down nice clean tracks in a wide variety of conditions. Very happy with my E88's and would be sure to demo the new ones to compare before I'd lay down some cash. Based on the new construction, I'd be surprised if I didn't like them.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Ventura When I demoed the old E88 (green & black version) in 180 cm, it was just meh, but they didn't have the 188 cm version for me too try. The E100 with metal was intriguing, but I felt it might be too wide for my typical east coast conditions. I've heard enough about >90 mm skis stressing knees and I didn't want to go there for hard snow. So the width, length, and metal of the Elan seemed a good fit for my size (6'6", 225 lb) and has been so for me, but they won't last forever. I'm planing to demo the new E88 next fall...

Eric W

Booting up
Skier
I have always heard great things about the E88 and it is a popular ski. I demoed the 2018 (green/black) in 172 and thought it was damp and carved ok, my last demo of the day was a ski that wasn’t even on my radar - Fischer Pro Mtn 86 ti. I loved it. Lightweight, more lively than E88 but less damp. The Fischer carved great. I am an east coast skier and purchased the Fischer over the E88. E88 was my second favorite ski of the demo.

The Fischer isn’t a popular ski and doesn’t get much attention, but may be worth testing if you are in the market for an E88 as I was.

fasteddie

Down the hill with speed pls! Love Italian Beefs!
Skier
Day 5 on my new 2018 Brahmas 180 and love em! Great energy, track really nice and I can fly on them!, highly recommended by a 5’10” 230 aggressive 70-80% on piste Nstar centric ski fanatic!!!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have always heard great things about the E88 and it is a popular ski. I demoed the 2018 (green/black) in 172 and thought it was damp and carved ok, my last demo of the day was a ski that wasn’t even on my radar - Fischer Pro Mtn 86 ti. I loved it. Lightweight, more lively than E88 but less damp. The Fischer carved great. I am an east coast skier and purchased the Fischer over the E88. E88 was my second favorite ski of the demo.

The Fischer isn’t a popular ski and doesn’t get much attention, but may be worth testing if you are in the market for an E88 as I was.

I had demoed the previous version, the Fischer Motive 86 Ti in I think 182 cm, and really liked it, more than the older green and black E88 (non HD), but the Elan won the day. I think the stiffness and full camber on the inside edge of the Amphibio profile is what did it for me. So the addition of metal to the already improved E88 HD seems like a positive step. It's been hard finding Pocono demo days with the longest version of the skis I'm interested in. Perhaps next season at Killington's demo day will be better.

Eric W

Booting up
Skier
Day 5 on my new 2018 Brahmas 180 and love em! Great energy, track really nice and I can fly on them!, highly recommended by a 5’10” 230 aggressive 70-80% on piste Nstar centric ski fanatic!!!

The brahma was the only ski I didn’t get to demo unfortunately

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
FANTASTIC SKI
If the Motive 86 had been available in 188 cm or so (next size up), I suspect I would have liked it even more than the Elan, but I recall it had more rocker. The Elan just doesn't wash out like other semi-rockered skis on Eastern hardpack. I think the minimal rocker in the E88 is why I liked it, but at 180 cm was too soft in that old version. So looking for that perfect blend of minimal rocker, stiffness, and length for my size. I'm trying to get more comfortable in the bumps and at my skill level I think the Elan is limiting my development.

Sponsor

Staff online