• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll have to reread everything to get my head back into the versions, but I think mine are version 3 (2018/19) from last fall, correct?

FTR, from Cyrus: "
Looks like you have the 2018/19 Endurance model, correct?
Mounting position for that was changed for this year (though the ski did not) to be 82.2cm from the tail for a 178cm length. You can check the mounting of your current skis as there is a permanent 'tick' mark on the left sidewall. If it's forward of that line, then feel free to move it back to the 82.2cm mark."

The tick on the sidewall on one ski is 1mm back from the 0 line & 2mm back on the the other. This all adds up to the line being -1.3cm back from the the '82.2cm mark' (measured from the tail). Again, I measure 89.9cm to the line but probably a little less since the Pivot heel is bending the tape.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
FTR Cyrus at Renoun has been very responsive to my inquiry. What other ski company does that?:golfclap::beercheer:

Again, I measure 89.9cm to the line but probably a little less since the Pivot heel is bending the tape.

Correction: 80.9cm with the tape woven around the heel (subtract 1 or 2mm (+/-)??):

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First day skiing this season and I was on my 184 v3 Endurance. Renoun made such a nice ski. Conditions were a thin base with a couple day old temperature affected powder ranging from 4" to 12" deep in the morning to all that snow cut up and skied around in the afternoon. The early season ski legs were thankful for a ski that was both super easy to ski and also very strong when needed. Love them so much.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
First day skiing this season and I was on my 184 v3 Endurance. Renoun made such a nice ski. Conditions were a thin base with a couple day old temperature affected powder ranging from 4" to 12" deep in the morning to all that snow cut up and skied around in the afternoon. The early season ski legs were thankful for a ski that was both super easy to ski and also very strong when needed. Love them so much.

Where are yours mounted? As noted I really enjoy how well they carve mounted on the line but had to get in the back seat and worked the quads in deeper snows.

178cm 30 3/8" or 77cm from tail.

Wow! That's back almost 4cm from what I'm seeing as the line and over 5cm from Cyrus's input. Makes me wish I mounted adjustable bindings. How will 4cms back affect how well these carve? I'd hate to compromise that sweetness much.

Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving all. Lots of snow on the way!

Last edited:

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Where are yours mounted? As noted I really enjoy how well they carve mounted on the line but had to get in the back seat and worked the quads in deeper snows.

Wow! That's back almost 4cm from what I'm seeing as the line and over 5cm from Cyrus's input. Makes me wish I mounted adjustable bindings. How will 4cms back affect how well these carve? I'd hate to compromise that sweetness much.

Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving all. Lots of snow on the way!

That's for a 178 ski Slide......aren't you on a 184? :cool:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I assumed the 178 on the tall and tape meant they're 178's.:doh:
I measured and referenced almost every other ski in the category and that is what I came up with.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
I measured and referenced almost every other ski in the category and that is what I came up with.

Thanks Phil. I was comparing other skis, running surface, proportions, etc as well to get my head around this large of a difference.

If thats the case...

184CM 32 1/4" 81.9cm

@SlideWright

Interestingly, that is close to what I measured to the tick/line on the 178s.

I'm still wondering the carving trade off moving back 4cm. Only way to know is try it out.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm on the 184, mounted on the line. These skis like a more neutral stance from what I have found, on both deeper snow and groomed terrain. They definitely have bit of small balance point in deeper snow. It's kinda like the ski is trying to tell me to chill out and have some fun instead of driving them.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW as an update, I've had a couple fun soft powder/crud days with a -2cm mount. Phil's 77cm from tail would be -3.8cm. I couldn't get my head around that much of a shift and there were hole conflicts overlaps I chose to avoid....for now. There were a few times a further back mount would have seemed better in some of the more variable and deeper snow, but not a biggie. If you can't have fun on these skis, you're doing it wrong.

@firebanex I had your comments about balance, chilling and not driving in the back of mind while skiing which helped, but other skis with early rise are more brainless. It makes me wonder what these skis would be like if the tips were softer and/or the HDT was backed off the tips a couple/few cms??

Last edited:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@SlideWright I should prolly mention that I am running Shift bindings and a pair of Solomon S/Lab MTN boots with these, maybe not quite the combo to really evaluate the ski performance completely. Sometime I will actually use my alpine boots with them and see if that changes anything, it's just a feeling that driving them just doesn't do anything to help the ski. I do wonder what would happen if the HDT was moved back as well.. I had a few odd times last year when I first got on the skis that I felt locked into a long turn radius cause the ski didn't want to bend further on spring time morning ice. Perhaps it would result in a ski with a bit more variable carved turn radius.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_0068.jpg

First chance to really check these things out. They are equal to all of the hype. Did see a little tip chatter on the ski packed runout to the Blackfoot lift but didn't FEEL it. Soft snow bumps, 8" of untracked, or packed snow. Didn't matter. Got a whole bunch of other skis that may not see much snow the rest of the year. Oh yea, mounted -2.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January