• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look at the snow melt around where the skis were leaning on the snow bank.

DgC8ZT7tTzSRYGwumixDTQ.jpg

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tricia @Philpug @Andy Mink Thanks for putting on a great event. Enjoyed every bit of it.

@textrovert It was great to meet you in person. Hoping our paths cross again.

@ScotsSkier @Philpug Please remind me on the stiffness rating of the non-FIS SL 165 I skied yesterday.
Not saying I'm gong to order, just need to have it somewhere as a reminder for my fading memory.

For those that might be interested... it was good, oh so good... damp, yet flexed sooo smoothly ... knifed through hardpack so well, initiated turns so quickly... It was my first ski of the day and it's feel haunted me all day... I stayed on groomers with this ski. So wished I was a better skier so that I could let them run, get more out of them. For me, they're survivable by this advanced intermediate. I think they'd be very enjoyable for the really advanced/competent skier/racer.

For context (as if you don't already know from all upthread)... Yesterday was cold/cloudy/snowy morning after a raining day... The snow didn't get soft until noon. Death cookies and granular ice for the first two hours (at least).

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like you can go a little stiffer, to 5, and still be medium.
IMG_6353.jpg

markjs

Skiing is believing
Skier
It was great seeing everybody and the skiing turned out to be pretty good...and Phil was demonstrating the one-man shotski technique ;-)
IMG_2312.jpeg

Sponsor