• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2019 New England Gathering -- Meetup details

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
To make the schedule simple, I'm going with "be ready to ski" at 9AM every day. See below for meetup locations:

• Friday: Mad River Glen. It's not that big. :) Gather outside somewhere between the single and the double, although we'll probably see each other in the base shack, errrr, lodge.
  • Friday afternoon optional: Trip to Dodge boots with @James
  • Saturday. Sugarbush, Lincoln Peak side. Meet near the base of the Super Bravo Express Quad.
  • Saturday night dinner: Zenbarn in Waterbury, 7PM
  • Sunday and Monday at Stowe. Meet at the base of the Fourrunner Quad.
For those not familiar with Mad River: drive up (and I do mean "up") Vermont Rt. 17 until there's a big dirt shoulder on one of the hairpin curves. That's the parking lot. You'll see Mad River on the left as you park.

Sugarbush Lincoln Peak side is the southern entrance.

For those not familiar with Stowe; all (free) parking is on the Mt. Mansfield side. Come in Vermont Rt. 108 until you basically run out of road and turn left. The lodge that looks like it's 80 years old that's in the parking lot is the Mansfield Base Lodge. I will be at MBL by 8AM(ish) to hand out lift ticket vouchers, etc.

Look forward to seeing everybody!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI - Liftopia has Friday MRG lift tickets for $44 (50% off the website price).
And if you pre-buy them, you can still ski when the credit card machine in the ticket office quits working!

James

Out There
Instructor
One can throw a snowball from the MR lodge and hit the single chair liftie. So there's not a lot of room to not see people.
Watch, they'll line up at the double chair. An outfielder could easily hit that one, but the snowball would have to be solid.