• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2019 Movies and beyond - what have you watched/looking forward to?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
... End Games is the only movie this decade...

Really enjoyed end games, I cried a little.

:nono:... It's "Endgame" ... as in the word for the final stages of a game or contest. Like the "endgame" of a chess match. Or a battle reaching its "endgame".

Now that I've said that, I'll just slink back to my Marvel-grammar nerd hole now. :cool:

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
:nono:... It's "Endgame" ... as in the word for the final stages of a game or contest. Like the "endgame" of a chess match. Or a battle reaching its "endgame".

Now that I've said that, I'll just slink back to my Marvel-grammar nerd hole now. :cool:

Seriously.................................................

Great, now I have to worry about typing fast and the grammar police picking on my posts.

We all know what the name of the movie is. My sincerest apologies. I just popped on for a second in between drafting contracts at work to post, typed fast. I'm positive the other poster didn't mean any ill will either.............................

I don't think there was any confusion as to what movie we were talking about, not a big deal, no offense intended..

Hopefully we will be forgiven.....

Don't stay down in your nerd hole too long, even nerds have to eat.

:(

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I am really looking forward to it. It is just refreshing that we don't have to rescue Matt Damon again.;) Christian Bale rarely ties himself to anything that is not top notch.
Maybe they'll rename it to The Texan and he'll be trapped in the States without a plane ticket to the Circuit de la Sarthe??

James

Out There
Instructor
Seriously.................................................

Great, now I have to worry about typing fast and the grammar police picking on my posts.

We all know what the name of the movie is. My sincerest apologies. I just popped on for a second in between drafting contracts at work to post, typed fast. I'm positive the other poster didn't mean any ill will either.............................

I don't think there was any confusion as to what movie we were talking about, not a big deal, no offense intended..

Hopefully we will be forgiven.....

Don't stay down in your nerd hole too long, even nerds have to eat.

:(
Head Games? - Foreigner

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Just caught up with Endgame and Captain Marvel

While Infinity War was the most movie I'd ever seen in a movie (plus a large Dinklage cameo), I found Endgame a bit meh, too much self referencing and paying tribute to itself, too much foreshadowing of the character(s) being killed off, not overly clever (compared to Doctor Who timeywhineyness) and just too long. I get why it needed to be different, just found it hard to care.

Captain Marvel was much more fun with finally a bit of story for Samuel L Jackson and the hints of a gay superhero.

On the subject of Christian Bale I also enjoyed Vice, but I know politics so an endorsement there not allowed even if he does ski in jeans.