• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
marker-logo-jpg.31382
MODELSTAND HEIGHT (mm)SETTING RANGEWEIGHT (g/pr)STANDARD BRAKE SIZES (mm)OPTIONAL BRAKE SIZES (mm)SOLE COMPATIBILITYCOLORS
10.0 TP233-10151885, 100 DIN, GripWalkBlack, White
11.0 TP183-11187090, 110 DIN, GripWalkBlack, White
12.0 TPX184-12190690, 110 DIN, GripWalkBlack
Squire 11 ID223-11154090, 110 DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack, White, Red
Griffon 13 ID224-13204490, 110, 120136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack, White
Jester 16 ID226-16210690, 110120, 136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Jester 18 Pro228-18219090, 120110, 136DIN, GripWalk, WTRRed
FDT TCX 12 (demo)254-12204090, 110 DIN, GripWalkBlack/White
Squire 11 TCX D (demo)253-11193590, 110 DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Griffon 13 D (demo)254-13245090, 110120, 136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Griffon 13 TCX D (demo)254-13245090, 110, 120136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Note: All specs are based on information available at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Marker 10.0 TP and 11.0 TP

• Pluses: Multidirectional toe, accepts GripWalk, ultra lightweight
  • Minuses: No brake option 80mm or less
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11, Warden MNC 11, Z10/Z12; Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW; Look NX10, NX11

Marker 12.0 TPX

• Pluses: Quick return to center, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: No brake option 80mm or less
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 11; Look NX 12 Dual; Tyrolia Attack2 12 GW

Marker Squire 11 ID

• Pluses: Ultra lightweight, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow.
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 11; Fischer Attack2 11 AT; Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW; Look NX 11, NX 12 Dual

Marker Griffon 13 ID

• Pluses: Lightest actual weight, lateral spring, fast return to center, no adjustment needed to switch to GripWalk
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13, Salomon STH2 WTR 13; Fischer Attack2 13 AT; Look SPX 12 Dual, Pivot 12/14 AW; Tyrolia Attack2 GW 13, Attack2 14 AT

Marker Jester 16 ID

• Pluses: Metal toe wing and heel stanchions, no adjustment needed to switch to GripWalk
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 18; Marker Jester 18 Pro; Tyrolia Attack2 16 GW, Attack2 18 X GW

Marker Jester 18 Pro

• Pluses: Solid AFD, metal toe wing and heel stanchions
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 18, Marker Jester 16 ID; Tyrolia Attack2 18 X GW

Demo Bindings

Marker FDT TPX 12

• Adjustment range: 260-388mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: No
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, GripWalk
  • Pluses: Traditional design for a narrower ski
  • Minuses: Not MNC
  • Others to consider: Look SPX Konect 12; Tyrolia Pro 12/14 GW

Marker Squire 11 TCX D
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes
  • Sole compatibility: All
  • Pluses: Lightest of all demos
  • Minuses: Still need to check forward pressure
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11 DT; Look NX 12 Konect; Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT Demo

Marker Griffon 13 D
  • Pluses: Lightest of 13 bindings
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow, still need to check forward pressure
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13 DT; Look SPX 12 Konect; Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo

Marker Griffon 13 TCX D
  • Pluses: Easy step-in heel
  • Minuses: Still need to check forward pressure
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13 DT; Look SPX 12 Konect; Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug...why do you think Marker does not make their Jester 18 Pro (GW/WTR)? Does that limit its sales at all? It’s so burly that it is really overkill for anybody but pro riders (hence the name).....but I was wondering after reading your binding profiles.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug...why do you think Marker does not make their Jester 18 Pro (GW/WTR)? Does that limit its sales at all? It’s so burly that it is really overkill for anybody but pro riders (hence the name).....but I was wondering after reading your binding profiles.
Imho it is such a low volume binding it is not worth the cost of retooling it.

Reactions: BC.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Imho it is such a low volume binding it is not worth the cost of retooling it.

^^^I would agree.
I made an update, the 2019 Jester Pro is Grip Walk/ WTR compatible.

Reactions: BC.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am planning on mounting my 191 Katanas with my favorite "black out" Jester 16. I plan on mounting the Jester +2 on the Katana. Looking forward to keeping the Volkl/Marker family together. ;)

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So why does it seem that so many people hate Marker bindings? Mine came with the skis as a package on sale and they're fine.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So why does it seem that so many people hate Marker bindings? Mine came with the skis as a package on sale and they're fine.

I'm guessing you just don't know any better.
That's an unfair reply.

Markers do have a following especially with the system bindings. Skiers like @Andy Mink like the negative ramp angle (toe is slightly higher than the heels) and the XCell toe has one of the quickest returns to center of all the systems but that also does not work for all skers. Where Marker's shortcoming has been of late is with the Royal heel and the difficulty it is to step in but now we are seeing Marker offering an option to the this heel in some of their demo bindings with the TCX heel...which my guess will also expand into the retail line as an option or variation.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's an unfair reply.

Markers do have a following especially with the system bindings. Skiers like @Andy Mink like the negative ramp angle (toe is slightly higher than the heels) and the XCell toe has one of the quickest returns to center of all the systems but that also does not work for all skers. Where Marker's shortcoming has been of late is with the Royal heel and the difficulty it is to step in but now we are seeing Marker offering an option to the this heel in some of their demo bindings with the TCX heel...which my guess will also expand into the retail line as an option or variation.
I changed it, regardless, forget those Royal heal's which I absolutely hate! I don't see Marker Bindings in the same class as Look, Salomon and Tyrolia. I don't know anything of the possible ecxeption XCell binding, does it's toepiece release upwards and every which way like Salomons driver toe or Looks P12 and P14 and NX equivalent toepiece or is it a world cup/beer league racer/groomer zoomer's binding? All of which will quite possibly and probably be moot and obsolete safety wise when/if the Howell binding comes to fruition.

Edit: I found my answer, race binding, sorry but it's not for me

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Lot of it is personal preference. Some folks are more vocal than others.
Many on this forum loves the Tyrolia Attacks. To us, it's just another binding. It's nice, but...

BTW, Mamie HATES the Attacks and love the Griffons. She is 5'/1", #120 with a 265 BSL. Go figure.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I, Oh, you're new here.

Ha I like the other response better and there' probably some truth to it Ever check the ramp angle on Attack demos?

The specific complaint I have heard is that the're hard to click into which isn't my experience.

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, I'm working up lists of binding deltas (both kinds, angle and height), mainly because various choices of bindings of mine and friends have frustrated us. And I came upon this big change in Marker bindings for next year, 19/20. Not sure what to make of it yet. Not sure why it is happening. But it is creating a flurry of activity among reps, techs, people close to skis for a living.

I skied some of these new Marker bindings inadvertently at SIA recently, without realizing it until the next day.

Older Griffons, up to this 18/19 year, and other Marker bindings, often tend to be +4 mm. (heel height taller than toe; angle delta ~ 1°) - including their race bindings. (Marker Comp 14 and 16 seem to be at +4 to start with, before shims.)

The new 19/20 "ideal triangle" Griffons for next year, however, I measured in the shop at -1 mm !!! (24 mm toe, 23 mm heel; angle ~ - .25°). Honest. (Maybe these were really flat, but I measured over and over. Dunno. :) )

These were their demo versions used at SIA recently, as mentioned, for Volkls, Blizzards, K2, maybe Stocklis and others.

(Can't remember what heights the fixed versions will be. Will have to re-check that. But Marker Demos, unlike others, tend to be pretty close to the heights of their fixed bindings - and lower than other brands.)

So big change coming for these 19/20 Marker bindings, apparently. A built in gas pedal?

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting but never had any issues w/ any of my Marker Royal heels or any other binding (also own Rossi Axial14/Attack13 non demo version) for that matter (other than those Knee binding :doh: pieces of absolute CRAP.... actually falling apart on the slope! Infamous Epic threads aside (I think Chris from RI still hasn't had any pre-releases!!! LMAO).... I hope they fixed their issues....).

Markers maybe a tiny bit more sensitive to deep pow but simply take the time to tap the snow off and click in. Then again, most of my Royals are Schizo's and I click back the fwd pressure by one or two. Easy solid entry on all 7 pairs and all releasing and holding when needed.

At some point my next set will be Attack 13 Demos just to try them out.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why leave out the Race and Excel Race....those are great bindings.
No question they are great bindings but they are basically propriety bindings that people usually do "choose" to use. If you have a ski with a Marker plate, you are tied into a Race or Xcell binding, the same with the other brands of race bindings. Now, for next season, Marker will be offering a "consumer" version of the Xcell that is Gripwalk compatible...those I will add to the table.

Sponsor

Staff online