• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
k2_serious-fun_usb.jpg

F18_K2_TurboCharger_top_sml.png
K2 Turbo Charger
Dimensions: 129-72-107
Radius: 13m@165cm
Sizes: 158, 165, 172
Size tested: 165
Design: Carryover/NGT

Drahtguy Kevin: (from last year) This K2 offering is easier to ski than a race-oriented slalom ski. Turn initiation is a tad slower and the ski isn’t as quick across the fall line, but you still get that SL experience. The Turbo Charger is super solid on edge and provides energy at the end of each turn. This is a good entry into slalom skis and would make a nice technical ride.
  • Who is it for? Those wanting a slalom ski without jumping to a FIS-type ride.
  • Who is it not for? Tail-pushers afraid of skiing an edge.
  • Insider tip: Technical skiers will enjoy the Turbo Charger.

FairToMiddlin: (from last year) K2 is getting seriouser, at long last. This season, it offered the Super Charger, a mid-70s hard-snow chisel with a 17m sidecut. For next year, it will add the Turbo Charger, 72mm underfoot and a 13m radius in the 165 length (the only length available to test, maybe the only length we will see?). It felt like a "gentle" 13m ski, a few ticks down in immediacy (in terms of turn initiation and enthusiasm to move the skier across the hill) from 66mm WC or rec SLs. Once the tip starts the party and the sidecut joins in, it is a powerful ski that will hold at high edge angles, while offering stability as you play with shaping the turn, mid-turn. Like the Super Charger (and the Dynastar SpeedZone, and the Atomic Redster S9), it is pretty focused, however, and you won’t get much more versatility out of it than you would a rec SL.
  • Who is it for? Tight-turning-carver folks who don’t want the frenetic response of a race ski.
  • Who is it not for? That guy or gal who skis all of the mountain, and has one ski to do it with.
  • Insider tip: This "gentle 13m" would be a good ski to experiment with vis à vis tunes; it felt like a ski you could safely ease into a more aggressive tune, versus a race ski that is already dialed to 11.

Philpug: (from last year) “The Turbo Charger is for the skier who wants to make a days worth of turns in one run.” --Clem Smith, K2 rep Colorado.

That quote really says a lot about the newest offering in K2’s awesome Charger collection. These are stout skis that just want to stick to the snow and launch you across the hill. The 12.5m turn radius on these skis is accurate; they want to turn and turn and then turn some more.
  • Who is it for? As Clem said, some who want to turn ... a lot.
  • Who is it not for? People who think only the best carving skis come from Europe.
  • Insider tip: Do not dismiss these new K2s; they are serious skis.

19 SuperCharger TC.png
K2 Super Charger
Dimensions: 127-76-107
Radius: 17m@175cm
Sizes: 168, 175, 181
Size tested: 175

FairtoMiddlin: (from last year) For a ski company with no recent racing pedigree, this ski was a nice surprise. It has a real cheater GS shape, a stack-height-raising system binding, and real hard-snow performance. The stack height makes the ski feel narrower and quicker edge to edge; in fact, I initially thought it was 68 mm underfoot. Stir in a tip that responds to your inputs, and a construction that doesn't budge when the G-forces start to build, and you have excitement under your feet on the groomed. At this width, it reminds me of the Dynastar Course Pro from two years ago.

What do you want a ski in the mid-70s to do? Nth degree of hard snow performance? This should be on your short list, especially if you cherish the day when 70s were all mountain and 80s were pow skis. Some rivals of the Super Charger are the Head Rally, Blossom White Out, and definitely the Kästle MX78 (or perhaps this year's MX74, I didn't get to try it).

With all of its impressive hard snow performance, K2 could have put some retro graphics on here: it would have been a nice touch, and a reminder they've got Olympic and WC medals laying around, even if they have gathered a bit of dust over the years ….
  • Who is it for? Beer leaguers who don't want to show up on the same Atomic D2 cheater or Head Rebel that everyone else is on.
  • Who is it not for? One-ski quivers, unless you live and breathe hard, on-piste snow. It's a focused ski, and it frowned at me when I took it into Sail Away Glades hoping for some off-piste lovin'.
  • Insider tip: I got nothing. If you are considering a ski like this, you don't need any inane mutterings from me to help you decide.

Philpug: (from last year) These two shapes were some of the surprises of the show for me. I went into the K2 tent hoping for the best, and boy did K2 deliver. The Super Charger (with metal) and Charger (without) go back to K2’s heritage of making great frontside skis -- think of them as the modern-day 710 and 610. The Speed Charger (not tested) would be the 810, more GS in feel.
  • Who are they for? Carvaholics, but with more of a medium-radius turn.
  • Who are they not for? Eurosnobs. These are Corvettes: red white and blue, apple pie, baseball, and all that.
  • Insider tip: Show up on the Nastar course with these, you will lull the competition into complacency ... then BAM ... Platinum medal.

Doug Briggs: The Super Chargers have a race-like quality to them. They are fairly stiff and demand your attention. If you slack off and get in the back seat, they will run straight away from you. Stand over them and they perform with energy and snap.
  • Who is it for? Someone who likes a hard-driving carving ski.
  • Who is it not for? Skiers who want an easy and forgiving ski.
  • Insider tip: They are rather stiff; if you get in the back seat, they want to straighten out and go.

dean_spirito: If you are a high-level recreational skier who wants a taste of what it feels like to race, pay close attention to the Super Charger. As the name suggests, these skis have been supercharged to get you up to speeds you never thought imaginable! They aren’t poppy; they are explosive. And although they aren’t a true race ski, they certainly aren’t for the faint of heart. These skis are very stiff and unforgiving: once you get them to speed, you better hold on tight or they will take you for a ride.
  • Who is it for? Expert skiers looking for a frontside carver with a race feel.
  • Who is it not for? Those looking for a forgiving ski; these are designed to go fast and hold a serious edge.
  • Insider tip: I never knew keeping your skis on the snow could be so much fun!

ScotsSkier: Well, who would have guessed it?? Certainly not me! I really do need to put on my shocked face! This is actually a very good ski.! And it really is a K2! Looks like they have some designers that know how to build a high-performance ski again. I have to say I could happily ski this as a daily driver. It would make a great coaching ski for me as well, plenty of performance, edge grip and also stability when carrying a bundle of gates. See full review HERE.
  • Who is it for? Those looking for a good all-around ski that can perform well when you want to drive it hard and fast but that also will not bite back too much if you want to relax. It responds very well to driving the front of the ski but has a wide enough performance envelope that will allow mid-level skiers to start to develop strong carving skills.
  • Who is it not for? While it has decent performance for a ski of this type in softer conditions, if you want to spend all your time off groomers, in the trees, and bumps, this would not be your first choice. Also not a good pick if you are a backseat driver; this ski responds best being driven from the front.
  • Insider tip: Tip it and rip it! This ski responds well to being driven hard and comes back looking for more! (and your buddies will not believe you are on a K2 when you smoke them!)

F18_K2_iKonic 80ti_top_sml.png
K2 iKonic 80Ti
Dimensions: 129-80-108
Radius: 17.5m@177cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170, 177, 184
Size tested: 177

19 IKonic 84Ti TC.png
K2 iKonic 84Ti
Dimensions:133-84-112
Radius: 17.5m@177cm
Sizes: 163, 170, 177, 184

Drahtguy Kevin: (from last year) The 80 and 84 have a similar feel, with the 80 being slightly quicker from edge to edge. The tips engage easily and don’t grab. The iKonics track throughout the turn well and don’t punish a visit to the backseat. Heavier skiers will reach the limits of these skis when pushing them, but intermediates and above will find a trusted friend in the iKonic line.
  • Who is it for? Advancing skiers looking for a do-all, frontside-oriented ski.
  • Who is it not for? 11/10th skiers.
  • Insider tip: Awesome skis to use for increasing skills.

FairToMiddlin: (from last year) K2 continues to chip away at the gap between itself and companies with race-bred frontside skis. Its story for next year is the iKonic series. Both skis tested have the same length, same sidecut, and 4 mm separating them. I’m told there is a variance in construction, but it seemed too slight to tell much of a difference. They come across as competent, if not thrilling, all-mountain skis. While they lack the excitement and personality of the Head Titan, they are more balanced than the Dynastar Legend or the Salomon XDR, in that they more thoroughly complete the mission of an all-mountain ski, with fewer shortcomings. Both iKonics have decent turn initiation, power in the belly of the turn, and strong and predictable flex on and off piste.
  • Who is it for? Skier ISO playmate without split personalities, or unpleasant surprises.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who has heard of Völkl, Head, Atomic, Kästle, or Stöckli.
  • Insider tip: The iKonics ski true to length; when in doubt, go with your default length.

Philpug: (from last year) My only fall of the Copper on-snow test was on 84Ti. Why? Because I underestimated its power. I didn’t respect it, and I got spanked. I know, it's a K2 iKonic, grandson of the Recon: how much power could it have? Well, this ski feels closer to K2's new Super Charger that wowed our testers last year than to the Recon. Trust me, these are not your four-day-a-season Uncle Carl’s K2s.

Both of these skis are by no means compromises: they are worthy competitors to any ski that comes from the other side of the pond. The ease is there that you would expect from a K2, but if you want everything out of the ski, you will need to step up your game.
  • Who is it for? Skiers who like to be the first to the bottom.
  • Who is it not for? Those who think K2 makes wimpy skis.
  • Insider tip: Be ready, they are real skis.

Ron: (from last year) The 80 and 84 are very similar apart from overall dimensions. The 80 is a bit quicker, but I am not sure K2 really needs both. These skis performed very solidly. I thought they were easy to roll edge to edge with a nice smooth feel. On larger-radius turns, I found myself needing to really pressure the tips, but once I got there, the tips engaged predictably and could be loaded up for a solid, fun ride while the turn radius was deepened. I would like to demo them again and move up the binding position to see if the tips could be accessed better. The tails are solid, not overly stiff, and could be easily broken off. Overall, they are fun skis that I think a lot of skiers will like!
  • Who is it for? Advanced intermediates and up.
  • Who is it not for? Lightweights may not be able to bend the tips.
  • Insider tip: Put 'em on the list for demoing in the 80-85mm frontside-oriented ski class.

SBrown: (from last year) These road huggers inspired me to speed. I felt very safe at high velocity on these and easily could see owning either pair as groomer skis. Admittedly I don’t spend a lot of time on said groomer skis, so I’m not sure where they fit in the overall scheme of such things, but I loved these.
  • Who is it for? Skiers who want to strut their stuff on the front side.
  • Who is it not for? Skidders.
  • Insider tip: Don’t worry that they say “K2."

F18_K2_PINNACLE_88_top_sml.png
K2 Pinnacle 88
Dimensions: 128-88-110
Radius: 15m@184cm
Sizes:170, 177, 184

Ron: (from last year) I loved this ski last year, and it's still my pick for lighter-weight skiers who want an 88 but find "the others” to be too much ski. The Pinnacle 88 and Head Kore 93 are great choices, where the K2 might be better on groomers and the Kore, off piste. The K2 is just plain fun! It engages well, and it is fairly stable, quiet, smooth, and easy. The tail is accommodating and forgiving. It’s a very good ski that is just a little lighter and easier.
  • Who is it for? A must for lighter skiers to demo.
  • Who is it not for? Heavier or aggressive skiers will crush it.
  • Insider tip: Look for leftovers and gobble 'em up!

SBrown: (from last year) I skied this immediately after the Armada Invictus 89, which I had loved last spring. Well, I might have loved this even more. Super playful, but confidently ripped the groomers, too.
  • Who is it for? Players.
  • Who is it not for? Dour Teutonic types.
  • Insider tip: Blue is my favorite color.

Philpug: (from last year) K2 brings the newer Pinnacle design down to the current hot segment: the soft-snow-biased, upper-80mm category. This category is highly contested, and there are some great options here. The Pinnacle is on the playful end of the spectrum and is great in the bumps and trees
  • Who is it for? Lighter finesse skiers.
  • Who is it not for? Hard chargers, there is a speed limit.
  • Insider tip: Like the other Pinnacles, it does ski short, but you don’t have to size up. Try both sizes.
F18_K2_PINNACLE 95_top_sml.png
K2 Pinnacle 95
Dimensions: 132-95-115
Radius: 17m@184cm
Sizes: 170, 177, 184, 191

Ron (184): (from last year) I skied the new Pinnacle on a long, blue, push-piled run, which was really a great testing ground for the mixture of conditions many owners of this ski will encounter. I had skied last season’s Pinnacle 95 and wasn’t overwhelmed, but K2 made some significant improvements in next year’s version and WOW, what a difference. The new 95 is much more stable yet still fun. It really rips through the piles on edge with confidence. Playing around on the bumped-up piles, the ski is very nimble and has a light feel to it. It is seriously fun. Despite the 17m turn radius, it is not hooky. The lowered tip and tail splay is much better.
  • Who is it for? A wide range of skiers looking for a fun but capable ski for all-mountain conditions.
  • Who is it not for? Big skiers may overpower it; buy it for softer snow.
  • Insider tip: If the previous clown shoe with huge rocker bothered you, try this one!

SBrown (177): (from last year) During the initial release of the Pinnacle 95, I was distracted by the bouncy tips. It was a fun ski, but. I don't know, there was just a lot of "nice ski, BUT ...." This update fixed all that, and more. The playful nature remains, but the 95 is much more grounded and confidence-inspiring.
  • Who is it for? Still a good candidate for a Western one-ski quiver, just a much better candidate now.
  • Who is it not for? Brand snobs.
  • Insider tip: Forget about the old Pinnacle 95.
19 Pinnacle 105 TC.png
K2 Pinnacle 105
Dimensions: 137-105-121
Radius: 19m@184cm
Sizes: 170, 177, 184, 191
Size tested: 184

Philpug: (from last year) K2 swung the pendulum pretty far from what they were doing, and quite frankly, it was long overdue. Many times, a pendulum swings a bit too far and K2 realized that with the Pinnacles. So instead of ignoring it or making excuses, they fixed it by lowering the tip, extending the wheelbase, and tweaking the core construction -- changes that make sense and make the ski better. This is how the new regime at K2 rolls. I like the current 105, I think it is one of the better tree skis out there. The new Pinnacle 105 still has that playfulness that you expect but is more comfortable and controlled on firmer conditions when it needs to be.
  • Who is it for? Tree skiers.
  • Who is it not for? 11/10th skiers.
  • Insider tip: The new wheelbase makes a world of difference.

19 Poacher TC.png
K2 Poacher
Dimensions: 124-96-118
Radius: 19m@177cm
Sizes: 163, 170, 177, 184, 191

dean_spirito: (from last year) K2 has attempted to simplify its lineup by reducing the park/freeride range down to just two skis, the Poacher and the Marksman. At 96 mm underfoot and weighing in at roughly 2000g a ski, the Poacher seems too big and heavy to be an effective park ski. Surprisingly, however, they hold up rather well to testing. They are certainly fun to carve around on groomed terrain, and I have no doubt that they charge off piste. Rocker in the tip and tail allows for effortless turn initiation, while camber underfoot delivers power and solid edge hold in firmer spots. Their weight and solid construction also make them feel particularly stable at high speeds. These characteristics translate very well in the park, as the Poacher provides a perfect platform for landing even the largest of airs. This ski has recently caught the attention of countless park skiers, and rightfully so.
  • Who is it for? Anyone looking to add a 90-something twin tip to their quiver; the Poacher is a versatile ski that is comfortable anywhere on the mountain.
  • Who is it not for? Beginners and smaller skiers: the high-density wood core and triaxial fiberglass braid make them heavy and torsionally stiff.
  • Insider tip: K2 designed the Poacher with durability in mind. The combination of rivets in the tip and tail and with TwinTech sidewalls makes the topsheets more resistant to chipping and delamming.

Women

19 Endless Luv TC.png
K2 Endless Luv
Dimensions: 125-80-107
Radius: 15m@160cm
Sizes: 146, 153, 160, 167
Size tested: 167
Design: All New

Tricia: This is one of the sweethearts in the all-new K2 women’s lineup. Nimble, lively, stable, and grippy are just a few words to describe the Endless Luv. Smack dab in the middle of the Tough Luv and True Luv, the Endless Luv has a really big sweet spot, delivering endless confidence and endless fun. I’m stoked to have the opportunity to get out on it more in a variety of conditions in the coming year.
  • Who is it for? A woman looking for a confidence-building daily driver.
  • Who is it not for? A woman who doesn’t love skiing.
  • Insider tip: Prepare for Endless fun.

19 LuvMachine TC.png
K2 Luv Machine 72 Ti
Dimensions: 125-72-104
Radius: 13m@160cm
Size tested: 167

Tricia: K2 promised a powerful ski that will make precise turns and uncompromising edge hold with this ski, and it delivered. At 72 mm underfoot, a sheet of metal, and women's-specific mount point, the Luv Machine 72 Ti is not your mom’s K2. The edge hold is consistent throughout a variety of turn shapes; the calmness you expect from K2 inspires confidence to carve a little harder and seek out corduroy, but doesn't let you down when venturing into moguls.
  • Who is it for? Someone who is looking for a carving ski that is damp.
  • Who is it not for? Someone looking for an all-mountain ski.
  • Insider tip: For a little more versatility, try the Luv Machine 74.

Amy PJ: I’m not sure why, but I was at first intimidated by the addition of Titanal in these skis. There was nothing to be intimidated about at all, as they were just as easy to ski as the Luv Machine 74, with the added smoothness and ease that comes with titanal! I really liked these skis, and could easily own a pair as my dedicated frontside carving skis.
  • Who is it for? An intermediate to expert who wants a really nice frontside ski that can rip if they want.
  • Who is it not for? A beginner to lower intermediate who skis slowly.

F18_K2_LuvMachine 74_top_sml.png
K2 Luv Machine 74
Dimensions: 128-74-108
Radius: 12.4m@160cm
Size tested: 160

Amy PJ: All of the K2s I skied were very nice skis. This was the first pair I took out, and they were easy to ski, had great edge grip (thanks, K2, for having good tunes on your skis), and felt smooth yet solid. I was yearning for a bit more oomph and dampness, though, and I found it with the Luv Machine 72ti (see below.)
  • Who is it for? An East Coast advancing intermediate who wants an easy, smooth ski to grow into.
  • Who is it not for? A higher-level or heavier skier could overpower it.

F18_K2_ToughLuv_top_sml.png
K2 Tough Luv
Dimensions: 129-82-111
Radius: 14m@160cm

Tricia: K2 brought back the Tough Luv name but with a whole new build, shape, and tenacity. At 82 mm underfoot, the Tough Luv promises to be the most versatile of the new Luv skis. Some of the dampness that you loved with the old Tough Luv can be found in this new version, but it has a little more snap (when you are in the mood to get after it) and a little more girth (when you want to explore more of the mountain and bust through crud). In fact, K2 knew you would want a little more with this ski, so it paired it with the ERC 11Cx binding just like its skinnier sister, the Luv Machine 72 Ti.
  • Who is it for? A woman looking for a damp all-mountain ski with an on-piste bias.
  • Who is it not for? The skier who doesn't like to turn.
  • Insider tip: For more precise carving, look at the Luv Machine 72 Ti.

Amy PJ: This ski felt a bit like a combo of the two Luv Machines I tested, which is a good thing! Really nice, smooth, and easy to ski. They didn’t WOW me like some others in this category, as they didn’t feel quite as zippy or playful, which might make them a really nice ski for an advancing intermediate who prefers a bit more dampness in their skis.
  • Who is it for? Advanced intermediates who are cautious and want a ski to grow on.
  • Who is it not for? Hard chargers might overpower this ski.

SkiNurse: The original Tough Luv was the last K2 I bought. It was a favorite ski of mine for a few seasons. This new Tough Luv didn’t disappoint. It is still “burly” for a Luv ski, but didn’t feel as stiff as the previous model. (Or it could be that I’m a different skier than I was nine years ago ….) You need to make this ski your bitch and stay on top, or it will get away from you. Needs speed to get up on edge, but once you do, it is quick to turn.
  • Who is it for? A gal who wants a more burly Luv ski.
  • Who is it not for? It isn't an easy ride.

F18_K2_AllLuvIt_88_top_sml.png
K2 AllLuvit 88
Dimensions: 128-88-110
Radius: 13.5m@170cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170
Size tested: 170

AmyPJ: (from last year) This ski felt like an 88mm powder ski. It was very smeary, very easy to ski, but definitely lacked the ability to lock onto and hold an edge. It was playful and preferred a centered stance and could easily be a true powder ski for a smaller skier. It felt effortless but wasn’t my favorite ski in the mixed conditions as it definitely favored soft snow. I was told that I looked like I was skiing very confidently, but I never did quite learn to get along well with it.
  • Who is it for? A smaller gal who wants an all-mountain ski that can kick it in powder.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who skis in a lot more than very soft snow.

Tricia: (from last year) Like its big sisters in the lineup, the AlLUVit is incredibly fun and easy to take anywhere on the mountain. What it lacks in deep powder performance, the AlLUVit makes up for in fun on groomers and moguls.
  • Who is it for? An advancing skier looking to explore off piste more.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who is not seeking adventure.
  • Insider tip: Go up a size.

F18_K2_FulLuvit_95_top_sml.png
K2 FulLUVit
Dimensions: 132-95-115
Radius: 14m@170cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170, 177
Size tested: 170

Tricia: (from last year) This is easily my favorite of the Luv skis, both as a daily driver and a one-ski quiver for an advanced woman skier. I’m not sure how K2 made a ski that is so easy to ski but still ready to be skied aggressively, but this is it. Sail Away Glades, moguls, broken crud, or groomers, every move on the FulLUVit was seamless.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a fun off-piste ski.
  • Who is it not for? Boring Betty.
  • Insider tip: Look for serious fun.

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Reading the 2019 reviews, I realized (and feel a little guilty) that I never left impressions in the Mt. Rose Demo thread. So, since the most notable skis of the day for me were both K2, this seems as good a place as any to leave a couple impressions.

K2 Super Charger
Possibly my favorite run of the day was down El Cap (a steep, long, but fairly wide chute) on the Super Charger 175. Certainly these have plenty of power and edge hold on groomed terrain, but they were also a blast in the steep and bumpy spring conditions. I was more than happy to spend a good part of the afternoon on these skis with no one looking to switch.

K2 iKonic 84Ti
My quick impression was that these were similar to the Super Charger, but slightly more relaxed. These were slightly slower edge to edge, as you'd expect given the size, but still totally quiet and stable at speed in the early afternoon spring crud. As opposed to the 2019 Rossignol Experience 88, which I never quite got a feel for that day, these skis had absolutely no qualms with me leaning forward, engaging the tip, and really driving the ski around the turn.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thoughts on marksman?
I have the Marksman. In one word: loose!
It is probably the most pivoty-ski around, without being super soft. It doesn't have a very much camber, but the tails do have pop if you load them. it carves surprisingly nice on groomers, in smooth flowy kind of way of course, not in a high energy, carve-ski style.
If you like tight terrain, moguls,and soft snow, they offer some real advantages.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I have the Marksman. In one word: loose!
It is probably the most pivoty-ski around, without being super soft. It doesn't have a very much camber, but the tails do have pop if you load them. it carves surprisingly nice on groomers, in smooth flowy kind of way of course, not in a high energy, carve-ski style.
If you like tight terrain, moguls,and soft snow, they offer some real advantages.

Thanks!

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I really like the idea of that turbo charger, it would be great for K2 and the the industry as a whole to get some instructors on them and get the better skiers to take a chance and get the public looking at them.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
K2 made a change to the Pinnacle 95 beterrn the 2016 and 2017 models, a beefier tip with a bit less rise and a longer wheelbase. BEtween last year and this year, just a change in graphics.
That’s what I thought. Slightly strange, that from 16>17 they change the ski but keep the name, then from 17>18 they change the name while the ski stays the same.....

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That’s what I thought. Slightly strange, that from 16>17 they change the ski but keep the name, then from 17>18 they change the name while the ski stays the same.....
Very common. Look at the Volkl Mantra and how many significant evolutions of that ski there was. This is nothing compared to that.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
As I was a fanatic fan of K2 race skis through the Fours, Fives and 710/810 era, I am psyched they are making high performance skis with race like characteristics. I would love to get the Turbo Charger in 165 and Super Charger in 175 and would be a hoot to be back on K2. However, as a race coach I get outfitted by Fischer as they like me to promote skis that maybe my athletes will buy ( I had a pair of true race stock SL last year with were unreal) So, hard to go out and spend money on skis. Maybe if they go on sale at end of year. And they look nice also !

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
As I was a fanatic fan of K2 race skis through the Fours, Fives and 710/810 era, I am psyched they are making high performance skis with race like characteristics. I would love to get the Turbo Charger in 165 and Super Charger in 175 and would be a hoot to be back on K2. However, as a race coach I get outfitted by Fischer as they like me to promote skis that maybe my athletes will buy ( I had a pair of true race stock SL last year with were unreal) So, hard to go out and spend money on skis. Maybe if they go on sale at end of year. And they look nice also !

In testing the Chargers - I was impressed, yet I have never seen a pair outside of the Demo events.

WheatKing

Ice coast carveaholic
Skier
I picked up a pair of turbo chargers last year on a whim (and figuring that Phil knows what he's talking about) and LOVE them.. can't wait for the snow to fly to get back on them..don't hesitate to pick up a pair, if I find a pair of superchargers i'll probably grab them too for when I'm at actual mountains and not just ripping up local hills.

And your right.. I've never seen a super charger in the wild.. or turbo charger.. and you definitely won't lose them in the rack.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
At the demo days by the Dutch retailers here in Sölden, the K2 guys told me that they have stiffened up the Pinnacles yet again. I asked if that was last year's story. But they assured me they did it for this year again.
Any truth to that?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the demo days by the Dutch retailers here in Sölden, the K2 guys told me that they have stiffened up the Pinnacles yet again. I asked if that was last year's story. But they assured me they did it for this year again.
Any truth to that?
None that I am aware of.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
Any truth to that?

It is my understanding, from the K2 clinic we had this past weekend, that is a true statement with regard to the Pinnacle 88. It was stiffened this year ala the 95 and 105 from last year.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have a pair of Pinnacles from last year in the shop as well as the new size run of this years. I'll flex them side by side and report back.

Sponsor

Staff online