• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2019 Formula 1

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
He was lapping a second slower than the rookie Russel. Let's be charitable and say that Russel is as good as HAM. If Kubica dropped 1 sec per lap he'd barely be on the lead lap. Probably in the top ten. Either way, I don't think he belongs in the Williams, I do think they need a veteran driver but with more recent experience. Maybe Esteban Ocon? Mercedes connection would help with that.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Monaco this weekend. Watching Quali right now. I think my boys from McLaren are going to really struggle here since they were slow in Catalonia sector 3. Maybe Max Verstappen can have a good run here.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
So, can Kubica just stop now? He was lapped 3 times, the first time on lap 13. He finished more than one minute behind his rookie teammate!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
McLaren in P5 and P6 tomorrow? I can't even...
Yeah..but Ferrari had some issues...I'm not saying McLaren is onto something..I just wouldn't get hopes up. I did read they're going to build their own wind tunnel in Woking rather than using the old Toyota wind tunnel in Germany as they have for 10 years. I had no idea they were doing that..all that money and they're using a distant wind tunnel..that might explain some things..

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s getting painful to watch the Mercedes processionals each race

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mercedes is just killing it.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mercedes is killing it alright !
Stopped watching F1 until someone can pick up their game and give Louis / Mercedes a run for it.

I really miss the F1 of the 70s and 80s

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah.... This is not new in formula one unfortunately.

Yup. I wasn't a regular follower until 2013 but I know these go in cycles. Red Bull and Seb dominated for what, 4-5 years before the latest formula? Ferrari and Schumacher and so on. I just wish it was a bit more competitive. Last year was pretty good until Vettel screwed himself up at the Italian Grand Prix.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Earlier in the season it was hard to imagine it getting any more boring. Now we've got the leading driver getting out of his car and effectively saying it's 'meh'. I've barely followed it this year and just check all the action on 2 minute youtube highlights packages. Even that's boring. It's really hard to see a long term future for F1.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
There's a future..but..the three biggest teams will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the solution...especially Ferrari..

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure how I feel about Verstappen not getting a penalty. From everything I've read he was technically in violation of the rules by not leaving room for Leclerc but they decided it was a racing incident. I guess I can buy that. At Canada Vettel was considered to be in technical violation of the rules and got the penalty, even though many thought it was a racing incident. It's probably too much to ask for consistency from the stewards.

Sponsor

Staff online