• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the suggestions.
He demoed a few, including the 166 Bushwacker. But eventually ended up going with an Atomic Bent Chetler 100 (164cm). Spoke with him today- he seems pretty happy with it so far. He's keeping the Brahma as an something to work to get better at.:thumb:
I forgot about that. I haven't been on it but @Stephen said it was kinda noodley.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the Sheeva 9 changing at all for 2020? Or is it the same spec and just new graphics? Thanks.
No, its the same as last year. The big changes to that lineup happened when they started the Women 2 Women initiative.
The Rustler did change.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
My son is on a Cochise Jr, 160. He skis them very well, but he is growing out of them. What would be a good next ski for him? He is a good recreational skier. So, something the same width or even lower, but I think no lower than 85. He's pretty adept at tipping the Cochise's.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Perhaps I should wait for the 2020 reviews thread, but I saw Blizzard is introducing a Brahma that's 82 wide (instead of 88). I've enjoyed skiing the 88s in the past, although wouldn't mind a narrower ski.

Any experiences during demo days folks can share re impressions of the 82 vs 88?

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Perhaps I should wait for the 2020 reviews thread, but I saw Blizzard is introducing a Brahma that's 82 wide (instead of 88). I've enjoyed skiing the 88s in the past, although wouldn't mind a narrower ski.

Any experiences during demo days folks can share re impressions of the 82 vs 88?

I am a Blizzard fan and currently have the 2016 Bonafide with 1st iteration of the Carbon tip & tail. Big fan of this particular ski. I demo'd the 82 Brahma this year at our demo event. Really liked this ski. The 82 felt familiar to me since I have the Bonafide - similar feels in regards to Dampness, Stability, speed, shape. I was also looking at the 88 Brahma before these came out. Since I am keeping the Bonafide - the 82 Brahma is a much better quiver fit w/o overlap with my Bonafide. I plan to get these for next season. Great edge hold, quick edge to edge and the same dampness, stability and speed that I am use to with the Bonafide. However - it does not just ski like a skinny Bonafide or Brahma 88 - but very similar. @Philpug felt the same way I think.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I forgot about that. I haven't been on it but @Stephen said it was kinda noodley.
I felt the BC 100 was pretty noodley too but I'm about 80# heavier than @textrovert's friend. @Stephen is also a fair bit heavier. It felt like it would be a fun ski for a lighter driver. Again, not a lot of bad skis but some wrong ones.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What's the deal with the 2019 Sheeva 9 sizing?

I keep seeing both 157 cm and 156 cm online.
The other sizes in the line are consistently 148/15*/164/172 - which makes the 8 cm gap work for a 156.

Blizzard themselves list it as 157-
https://www.blizzardsports.com/usa/...ria=9628&product_uid=357568&color_number=BLOR

So are the 156 listings online just typos or something forced by their listing tools?

It was a store typo. They corrected when contacted to 157.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Can someone explain me the interest of using a lightweight woodcore and then add carbon and metal to make it stiffer?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can someone explain me the interest of using a lightweight woodcore and then add carbon and metal to make it stiffer?
Metal and carbon donnot necessarily make a ski stiffer, they can, they are also used as dampening materials. Sometimes materials get confused with what they are and what they do.

Sponsor