• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@LouD-Truckee
Your activity level is amazing for a guy with grey hair! how many days a year do you not either ski or bike ride? Seriously.

LouD-Truckee

no drivel here....⛷️⛷️⛷️
Skier
@LouD-Truckee
Your activity level is amazing for a guy with grey hair! how many days a year do you not either ski or bike ride? Seriously.
Seriously..... not very many.... maybe 15-20.... and those still are physical/active....
IMG_20180904_180742.jpg
IMG_20181019_204121.jpg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Bumping this thread even though I'm not done yet. Hopefully we will all be skiing soon & for me my bike usually goes into hibernation once that happens.

I am primarily a Mountain Biker but I do own a road bike & it did get ridden once for a 72 miler around Lake Tahoe, otherwise all my bike days are mostly off road on the dirt. Most of those rides involve between 1500' & 2000' of climbing, more or less & average 15 miles.
A slow start in the Spring for me due to a huge snowpack & many ski days well into June. As of yesterday I have 150 days recorded & about 2100 miles since my first few rides in April.

April
MTB Shannon TM April.JPG

June
MTB JF June.jpg

August
MTB Thunder mountain.JPG

October
MTB JF Moab.jpg

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bumping this thread even though I'm not done yet. Hopefully we will all be skiing soon & for me my bike usually goes into hibernation once that happens.

I am primarily a Mountain Biker but I do own a road bike & it did get ridden once for a 72 miler around Lake Tahoe, otherwise all my bike days are mostly off road on the dirt. Most of those rides involve between 1500' & 2000' of climbing, more or less & average 15 miles.
A slow start in the Spring for me due to a huge snowpack & many ski days well into June. As of yesterday I have 150 days recorded & about 2100 miles since my first few rides in April.

April
View attachment 84382

June
View attachment 84379

August
View attachment 84384

October
View attachment 84380

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am primarily a road biker with some gravel and mixed terrain thrown into the mix. I have over 4000 miles on the road this year. Just getting back from a multi-day 365 mile ride from Jerusalem to Eilat. Here is a picture captured of me on a screaming 2.5 mile descent with four switch backs. The logo on the bib shorts is for the B2VT ride from Bedford MA to Okemo VT (150 miles and 10,000 ft of climbing) that is held every June.
CA3B685A-8889-4DAC-9B31-65862201D3A0.jpeg

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Since 2019 has come to an end I looked up my data for the year. I finished with 168 rides for a total of 3813 miles, virtually all of it on the road. I look forward to 2020. Happy New Year everyone.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
4700 miles - 167 days on the bike (both Kickr trainer and the road) - got my first road ride of the year in 2020 today for 47 miles

GabrielJones

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Multiple days biking tour in the Summer is a nightmare to me! Why? Well, I suffered like hell last summer when I was on a multi-day tour to Hadrian's cycle-way. The friction between the warm road and my rear wheel punctured its tube in the middle of nowhere. That was the most irritating experience in my life, maybe.

After that, I found my solution. I switched for tubes come with self-healing and butyl rubber. Butyl rubber is the main considering fact for strength and durability. The main feature is it provides puncture resistance. Now, I'm planning for another multi-day trip to cover almost 170+ miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor

Staff online