• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Cycling Edition.

Since I didn't get out to ski today...because I was watching The Masters and by the time I needed a break from Pugski work and I could take a break..it was too late to head to the hill, so the only option was to take out the bike for it's maiden summer jaunt.

It took me a bit to find where I put my Rubbermade tub of stuff ie helmet, gloves, shoes..but I finally found them. A few days ago I did actually put some air in the tires but as soon as I got on the trail I realized the shocks needed some air too. About half way up the hill, I started hearing some weezing and then realized it was coming from me. But Day 1 is in the books.

vBIfPV1aSRy9wfXJC1bhnA.jpg

Oh, and the first peddle incident of the season.:nono:
IMG_5169.jpeg

Last edited:

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No adult rides yet for me this season. Focusing on improving my daughter's biking.
Do simple (green) rides with my daughter count? If so, maybe three.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I got on my gravel bike Saturday. Damn my lungs were non existent. I passed out in the recliner with a protein shake about 30 min after coming home.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've only been on 3 road rides so far this year. No mountain biking yet. Hoping to get on dirt soon!

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My first of many 10 mile commutes will be Monday morning. It is still below freezing in the morning but the roads and paths have been clear of ice and the road shoulders have been swept of gravel. Got my cross bike ready to roll tubeless for this commuting season, got tired of the random leaks I had last year with tubes. We shall see how my lungs are! I am planning on 3 days a week commuting to work for the next 5 weeks until my wife is done teaching and I don't have to drop my dog off at my parents place every morning. Then it'll be 5 days a week!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been on 4 road rides in the last 10 days. Plan to get on my mountain bike next week. It feels really good to be back on it.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm, I don't track bike days, and this year is already off to a slow start because of the amount of snow on the Wasatch Back, so the convenience factor of riding trails that are very nearby is going to be delayed by a month or more.
BUT I have been out, maybe 10 times?? First trip on the new bike-Trek Fuel EX 9.8 was to St. George. The addition of carbon wheels to this bike, along with Trek's Thru Shaft suspension, are both really nice upgrades to the bike. And, a fun color scheme after having either gray or black for the past 3 years is also a nice change.

The early rides are always reminders of the fact that I haven't been on a bike since November!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just one big day on the mtb, before the rain moved back in and mudded everything up. Looks promising here starting Tuesday, though!

Several days on gravel, and one actual road ride.

Desperately seeking more dirt! A bit jealous of @AmyPJ. I haven't been back to St. George in 10 years (which will be remedied this fal).

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
No mtb yet. No "road" rides or gravel.

But I've commuted every day since I got back at the end of March, and have done all the groceries for the past two weeks via bike. So...probably 20 days this "season" and a few hundred miles.

Still ski season.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just one big day on the mtb, before the rain moved back in and mudded everything up. Looks promising here starting Tuesday, though!

Several days on gravel, and one actual road ride.

Desperately seeking more dirt! A bit jealous of @AmyPJ. I haven't been back to St. George in 10 years (which will be remedied this fal).
I do believe there are a LOT more trails there or in the near vicinity now than there were 10 years ago. What fun!!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got in another road ride tonight. :D Sadly my concussion therapist has advised I wait another few weeks before I get on the mountain bike. :(

Also, we need more bike emoticons on Pugcycle.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
4th short gravel ride this morning. Had PT on Friday and still reeling from that.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Isn't it bad enough that some skiers have this inane need to keep track of days, vert ft., etc.
Now cyclist too? :doh:

Just try going for a nice ride and enjoying it... everything doesn't need to be quantified.

LouD-Truckee

no drivel here....⛷️⛷️⛷️
Skier
Isn't it bad enough that some skiers have this inane need to keep track of days, vert ft., etc.
Now cyclist too? :doh:

Just try going for a nice ride and enjoying it... everything doesn't need to be quantified.
hey Bill..... not sure anyone cares what you think about this.... just sayin'.....

Sponsor