• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmmmm .......
I sense a developing market for industrial strength UV lamps and protective, swimmer-style eye goggles.
Do you have any references on the effectiveness of UV?

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmmm .......
I sense a developing market for industrial strength UV lamps and protective, swimmer-style eye goggles.
Do you have any references on the effectiveness of UV?

Hmmmm... Aren't you in a medical profession? Isn't there a causal relationship between UV and skin cancer?

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Website says "CLOSED FOR THE SEASON - Due to public health concerns associated with COVID-19." I did see two people with skis and a dog on one of the webcams, but no lifts spinning.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lol. I was bored. The person who fielded my question probably was, too, since they answered in about 5 minutes. In response to an email from Squaw/Alpine about how the Adventure Assurance deferral was the best thing since sliced cheese, I more or less asked Ikon (and cc'd Squaw) whether Squaw/Alpine would be sold before the 2021/22 season, which would make the pass deferral option meaningless for someone who doesn't travel.

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center. I'm not sure how to answer your question, because I cannot make any guarantees as the resorts' status with the Ikon Pass. What I can tell you is that we are in the business of adding resorts to the passes, not taking them away. As Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows are an integral part of our pass offerings, I cannot imagine that what you are asking is bound to happen any time soon. Though again, I cannot guarantee anything. I will be forwarding your comment to the appropriate department. Please contact us by emailing us at [email protected] if you have any further questions or concerns.

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center. I'm not sure how to answer your question, because I cannot make any guarantees as the resorts' status with the Ikon Pass. What I can tell you is that we are in the business of adding resorts to the passes, not taking them away. As Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows are an integral part of our pass offerings, I cannot imagine that what you are asking is bound to happen any time soon. Though again, I cannot guarantee anything. I will be forwarding your comment to the appropriate department. Please contact us by emailing us at [email protected] if you have any further questions or concerns.

This is a great response. It's not like the standard useless boilerplate they send you when you ask them a question.

I end up with more questions than answers when I typically email corporations :facepalm:.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmmmm... Aren't you in a medical profession? Isn't there a causal relationship between UV and skin cancer?

Just because I have a God complex doesn't mean I'm a doctor! ogwink

Nor am I the President of the US :nono:

My admittedly clumsy response was meant to be sarcastic, hence the request for a reference (hint: there aren't any valid ones). And yes, too much sun/UV causes skin cancer (5 basal cell carcinomas and counting).
While not a doctor, I am a professional patient!

At the time I made that comment, I hadn't heard the ludicrous suggestions to treat Covid-19 with UV and/or disinfectants. :facepalm:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Virus cases in Eastern Nevada County are a bit puzzling. (Truckee, Donner Lake, Soda Springs, & Boreal). Don't match the expected. More young people, few cases 65+ and more woman than men.
North shore areas like Tahoe city are likely similar.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Virus cases in Eastern Nevada County are a bit puzzling. (Truckee, Donner Lake, Soda Springs, & Boreal). Don't match the expected. More young people, few cases 65+ and more woman than men.
Well maybe a little puzzling... but we're only talking about 37 cases in the whole county. That's probably not enough for splits like male/female, or even age, to be more than randomness.

What if you look at a nearby county that has more cases? Like Reno?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yolo County has 161 confirmed cases, thirty more female cases than male. The largest number of cases is in the 55-64 year old age group (despite a local nursing home outbreak). The 85+ and the 25-34 year old age groups have the same number of cases (23 each),

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier

The infection rate isn’t surprising. However, if this group were all dying, then yes, it would be bucking the general trend that older men are most severely affected.

In other news, it looks like Epic has released its pass assurance (Epic Coverage) terms, and tbh, they look a lot better than Ikon’s, mostly in that Epic provides refunds and not just pass credit towards 21/22.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Facebook is mocking me. "Hey Andy, guess what you were doing last year on this date? Wouldn't you like to be doing that again?" SUCK IT, FB! Actually was a great day skiing with @Tricia and @Mendieta at Mt. Rose. We even hopped into the Chutes for some turns.
20200428_080802.jpg
20200428_080736.jpg

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Sierra-at-Tahoe pass info update coming on Monday. Previously, they had announced current season pass holders would get free skiing Opening day-December 20th is next season. But that does not have anything for the renewals. Hope this remedies it.

Helps a little as I had 0 days on this years pass. Blown up otherwise as I was going to use the 3 PA days starting day after Sugar Bowl closed. SB dropped Powder Alliance next year so the math to renew in not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online