• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Good update from Sierra.

New season pass price dropped- Unlimited adult for $409

Renewal pass price gets an additional 10% off. Unlimited adult for $369
$25 bonus cash loaded on pass - good at lodge next season.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Storm moving in this weekend is larger than what we normally ever see in May. Snow levels will be high that will put a good layer of new snow across our highest Tahoe areas and much snow to the south in the High Sierra that will make our summer hiking and backpacking season better by pushing the melt back enough that it will progress more normally. Areas below 9k are likely to conversely have less remaining snow as the rain accelerates melting and that will also cause our peak spring 2020 rise in rivers.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This question is targeted at folks who rent ski leases in Tahoe.

What are you planning for next year?
As an individual who's in a shared lease, I think nobody knows the exact balance of what is safe enough, so no plans can be made.
Even the passes aren't fully straightened out yet, with a shoe to drop from ikon is still anticipated for pass changes. And nobody knows what skiing is going to look like.
For my situation, it is really up to the lease organizer in partnership with the owner, neither is me; and I don't think the planning is going to really start in earnest until maybe Sept.

Last edited:

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
It’s not the large group thing I’m concerned about it. We usually just rent a place with 2 other couples (no kids), so it’s just 6 of us (though one couple may be out for next year, so may need to find a replacement).

But I’m usually the one who does the renting/signs the lease. And Not really sure what it’s going to look like this winter. I gave a verbal to the management company that we’d like to rent the same house again next year, if we can - but leases go out in Sept/Oct. So we’d have to commit at that point. Just not sure what things will look like then.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't renewed my pass yet either. I am close enough to do day trips fairly easily, but I could use a mountain place just to get away sometimes, even if don't ski.
My sister's family has had a big drop in income with the pandemic, though, so I don't know if they'll even be able to do a lease.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This question is targeted at folks who rent ski leases in Tahoe.

What are you planning for next year?

No lease. Day trips and crashing at friends’ places. But I live way closer than you and also foresee a tough work schedule. Unless I’m furloughed.

Squaw did respond to me last week re my question about what happens if they get sold before the 21 season begins and you choose to defer until then:

“Thank you for your patience as we work hard to reply to all inquiries. Alterra has no plans to sell any of the properties and looks to gain more or gain more partnerships to offer the most with the Ikon and Ikon Base passes. We cannot however guarantee anything since we do not have a crystal ball to look into to see what the future holds for us. Historically, SVAM change of ownership has not affected the products that were already applicable, thus we do not anticipate any issues if ownership changes and your pass is set to be applicable for the 21/22 season.”

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I received an email with a survey from Squaw today, asking about my travel and resort plans going forward.
Phil didn't get the email so I am thinking it is a random pick for getting it.
Anyone else get it?

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I received an email with a survey from Squaw today, asking about my travel and resort plans going forward.
Phil didn't get the email so I am thinking it is a random pick for getting it.
Anyone else get it?

I got one a couple weeks ago, which I completed. Looks different, but same topic. I haven't received this one. I fill out every survey I get from them, which during 2018/19 was pretty much every week.

I appreciate seeing the updates to the Ikon pass assurance. For someone who has been and will be travel constrained and relies on my pass for one resort, I was really upset at the credit policy, and it was part of my email to Ikon/Alterra/Squaw. I think I also made this comment in my survey response. :) I was seriously considering switching to Sugar Bowl or Sierra for next season. I probably told them that, too, not that I really affect their bottom line that much.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Pretty good show in the sky from South Tahoe tonight. Not sure if this was my best shot, but it’s the only one I can easily post. Crowds eventually drove me away from fence by private beach near Stateline. Posting from my SUV outside Starbucks.
3D5343F5-4480-479D-B50E-38289625DE29.jpeg

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.