• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2019-2020 T.I.T.S (Tuesdays In The Snow)

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A high of 6 degrees today at Loveland. We were able to get about 8 runs in before the thoughts of hot spiced wine in the Rathskeller took over. Conditions (granted there was only the one top to bottom run open) were a couple a inches of fresh snow on soft groomed. It felt and skied like December. PS WITS is supposed to be colder... @FairToMiddlin IMG_20191029_122213696.jpg IMG_20191029_115253975.jpg IMG_20191029_112608813.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
A high of 6 degrees today at Loveland. We were able to get about 8 runs in before the thoughts of hot spiced wine in the Rathskeller took over. Conditions (granted there was only the one top to bottom run open) were a couple a inches of fresh snow on soft groomed. It felt and skied like December. PS WITS is supposed to be colder... @FairToMiddlin View attachment 83347 View attachment 83348 View attachment 83349

I love skiing, but when it gets this cold, I take a big pass... Good to see you guys still getting after it on a tough weather day. :)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love skiing, but when it gets this cold, I take a big pass... Good to see you guys still getting after it on a tough weather day. :)

You should come east and ski, say, Sugarbush when it's a high in the single digits. After that, Loveland at 6 degrees will probably feel balmy. :) (No, it's not quite that drastic, but I've been in subzero temps out west that I thought were nice for skiing, comparable to 10 degrees warmer or so in New England.)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Same here. If it had been warm in town then I might have headed up but it has been cold AF here as well.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
You guys and gals should get a medal for skiing one groomed run in subzero temps. Below about 5 degrees I'm only skiing if conditions or terrain are stellar. Neither of those is true right now....so kudos to you.

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It was cold yesterday at A Basin. When I pulled into the parking lot, the thermometer in my vehicle registered -7, and when I left, at 3:30, it showed 5. Still, it was a great day and I enjoyed skiing a few runs with @SkiNurse and @FairToMiddlin. Day 3!

Mike
I'm so glad you are back on the slopes!!! It's been fun to make early seasons turns with you. PS the picture on the lift didn't turn out. IMG_20191030_123230392.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had a fun chat with Higgin's mom, Haynes, today. She was @Ziggy 's home away from home. She said they are in full on winter but she hasn't skied yet because she lives near Arrowhead and nothing is open there.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I heard a rumor that the Colorado Crew was setting up for an exceptional Tuesdays In The Snow, but have not seen the evidence yet.

The Tahoe Crew had a great day at Mt Rose, following a day of wet heavy snow yesterday that filled in nicely and set up dryer than it came in.
We had a hard time stopping
This was a :yeah: kind of day!

6985E08D-C681-4072-8CF3-9F0BE9B902D9.jpeg F670A766-E39A-469E-8E6E-D8EE8D16E549.jpeg
Show us your Tuesdays In The Snow!

Sponsor