• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This rain and warmth is a real buzz kill by the way.
Planning on doing two days at the end of the week to enjoy some must-use vacation time. We'll see how it goes...

Yeah looks like Monday Tuesday might be a better bet, not much better but at least snow vrs rain. I hate this but it happens every year. I got 3 days in anyways before this shit.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those bumps are on Asp. These bumps are on Rodo.

View attachment 86304

They did not let Lower Cleo bump up last season, but these were much better and I hope a staple in the future.

Nice to see they are seeding bumps on a few runs. The ones that typically form from skiers and snowboarders are usually pretty horrible. And this looks like a perfect run for them, nice long and wide swath of bumps, and a nice wide groomed run beside it.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got 3 hours in at Elk this afternoon, got to say with all that rain we got it didn’t hurt them much at all. Had some help with probably a inch or more of sugar fell through out the day. Got to hand it to them they have a really good base. Also talked with snow makers, they said that they were spreading Slalom and Delaware tonight and should be open tomorrow 4F512AD8-641D-42D3-A5C5-392EC0262B7A.jpeg

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Got 3 hours in at Elk this afternoon, got to say with all that rain we got it didn’t hurt them much at all. Had some help with probably a inch or more of sugar fell through out the day. Got to hand it to them they have a really good base. Also talked with snow makers, they said that they were spreading Slalom and Delaware tonight and should be open tomorrow View attachment 87393

That's great news. I did two half days on Thursday and Friday. Can't wait for them to open more terrain.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Camelback was pretty good this morning. Day 2 for me so it was 2 12 hours of yo-yoing (no lines) working on timing and short radius turns till the muscles said enough for today. No pictures today.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone skiing at Blue Mountain? I used to work for the Zinc Smelter in Palmerton.

Wow! They’ve done a ton of environmental restoration in the Palmerton valley.
I ski at Blue occasionally. The lodge up top has been completely renovated and the facilities are much nicer.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went to JF yesterday.......beautiful conditions but the East mountain wasn’t open yet.
I was just at Bear Creek for a meeting....really beautiful start to their season for this small more “southern” ski area.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Elk started night skiing last night, fair amount of people. Conditions were typical eastern, had to pick your way threw the ice patches here and there.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Public Service Annoucement: Please be careful out there.

File this one under ; Things that shake you.

Thought I was witnessing a young males death today.

Anyone who knows Camelback knows the Hump is a short but sweet steep pitch.

DSCF4563.JPG

Not taken today but as good a representation of the steepness as photography will allow.

Snow has been a little hard in the Pocono's lately. I wouldn't call it icy, it had decent bite but there is no denying it was slick.

Anyway coming off the bottom of the headwall today, a young man hurtled past me in to those woods down below at speed. As a l was ahead of him I'm not exactly sure what transpired, and I am blissfully unaware of how close he came to taking me out but I certainly was sure of his demise. Miracle upon miracle this kid got tangled in a set of snow making hoses (not the pipes but the hoses. It arrested his momentum enough the where he was able to get up and walk out of the woods no worse for ware. He is one really lucky fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online