• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah I’m real surprised they started making snow so early. Kind of surprised a lot of hills around are so early. No place around me get serious till a week or two after Thanksgiving. Maybe they know something we don’t and I hope this record cold sticks around.

Interesting question. Seems they must be seeing something as I've been surprised at who has gone for it elsewhere in the northeast. Bromley Vt, Mohawk in Ct, not 2 I would think would risk being that aggressive.

But one thing I have noticed, is that it seems to me that, at least here locally (NNJ), the trees got rid of their leaves a little earlier then normal this year. Cat has beefed up and it just seems like nature is ready for something. Season appears to be on the horizon.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
From peeking in on the web cams looks like a much different plan from past years at CBK. Looks like they are attacking King Tut (not different) and the Hump. Hump has always been just about the last trail they hit in the past. Wonder why the change.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
From peeking in on the web cams looks like a much different plan from past years at CBK. Looks like they are attacking King Tut (not different) and the Hump. Hump has always been just about the last trail they hit in the past. Wonder why the change.

That is interesting. I wonder if, in the off season, they took Basilisk to the top.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Basilisk isn't even on the trail map so I don't know whats up with that. Wasn't one of my favs but a lot of people seemed to have fun with it.

I was wondering if they were going to try to open Glen Lift this weekend because Oak Grove and Turkey Trot were being hit and I've seen them do that before but nothing on the web site today. I wonder if they dare do it tomorrow night at Ullr Fest for a soft opening Sunday (just on Glen).

The weekend looks like another 48 hr plus window or snow making then more sporadic after that (at least on the point and click forecast). Next weekend or Thanksgiving is any ones guess.

We're planning to do a hike up Mt Tammany in the Delaware Water Gap tomorrow afternoon then head up to Ullr Fest at the Thirsty Camel so hopefully we will find out

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
We're planning to do a hike up Mt Tammany in the Delaware Water Gap tomorrow afternoon then head up to Ullr Fest at the Thirsty Camel so hopefully we will find out

Sounds like a blast!

Craziest thing about Basilisk is how they brought in a bunch of workers on a Saturday and Sunday and whacked it out with chainsaws while everyone watched their progress from the Sullivan lift -- couldn't have been cheap having them out on a Sunday and that they could have more ea$ily done it on weekdays, begs the question, what the heck was that all about? LOL.

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
Last year the snow was much better at Blue IMO, it seemed less like ice pellets maybe dryer would best describe it.

I wonder if CBK's new guns are similar (to Blue's) -- one of the benefits is being able to operate at (I think) 4 degrees higher in temperature. Hopefully it won't feel like skiing in borax...

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like Camelback is going to hold off till the 29th. The snow guns were on the whole time we were up there today but apparently no hurry. Lots of changes going to be happening this year. Lost the bar in the east cafeteria which is a bummer so it will probably be more Thirsty Camel. (maybe some Trails End) for us.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
FYI quote from Blue MT Q&A webchat re: "coming soon" trail:

"That trail is scheduled to be open later this season - but the date has not been determined. FYI - there will be no snowmaking on that trail for this season, so we will be depending on natural snow in order to open it. In addition, there will be no night skiing or grooming on that new trail."

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
FYI quote from Blue MT Q&A webchat re: "coming soon" trail:

"That trail is scheduled to be open later this season - but the date has not been determined. FYI - there will be no snowmaking on that trail for this season, so we will be depending on natural snow in order to open it. In addition, there will be no night skiing or grooming on that new trail."

so basically it's still not in play, lol......did they say anything about when snowmaking and/or lights will be put on that trail?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
so basically it's still not in play, lol......did they say anything about when snowmaking and/or lights will be put on that trail?
I don't really ski there unless a good snowstorm so didn't ask anything more but the implication is next season :huh:
I'm thinking If we get the snowy and stormy winter the long-range forecasters are promising, :crossfingers:, with no grooming, that new trail could be d@rn good bump skiingogsmile

Status
Not open for further replies.