• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian was packed for Appalachian. Parked WAAAAAAAAAAY at the back but when you get there at 11:30 that's expected other places. In addition to the $5 lift tickets, there was a race there so double packed. Still only about 10 minute line for the main double. That was actually a perfect break between runs. Like Dave, I only skied for two hours but still happy to not be sore at all right now. I guess those 4 flights of stairs a couple times every day at work are helping my conditioning.

No photos, plenty of smiles and fun!

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Looks like some mid week rain in the Carolinas, but some cold temps going into the Weekend. Right now with the couple nights of snow making and some potential 'natural' - early Sat AM could be pretty decent. P.s. if you ski in NC and don't already know about Ray's Weather, you're welcome :) http://averyweather.com/Forecast/Sugar+Mountain+Top/Forecast

We parked in the top lot, quite close both Sat/Sun at Sugar - no problem. Somewhat crowded, Sunday was lighter. Arrived around 11:30 Sat, 12ish Sun.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Snowshoe was pretty darn good this past weekend. Good coverage on the open trails. Skied Fri, Sat and Sun with Sat being the best day - bluebird skies - not overly crowded.

FYI - they were making snow on ALL of Cupp and Shays. If Mother Nature cooperates, there is a chance then could open the Western Terr next weekend. We'll have to see when this rain kicks back to snow.

Here's a few pics. Hoping my buddy comes up with a good video. He took a lot of gopro shots on Saturday.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
teddy.jpg

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Well we never did get open at the Wolf last weekend but the powers that be say we will open this weekend 12/14. I've already got my gear together and I'm ready to stock the locker. This year I'm also bring a blow up mattress, sheets and a pillow so I can sleep in the patrol locker room when I do those dirty doubles.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This year I'm also bring a blow up mattress, sheets and a pillow so I can sleep in the patrol locker room when I do those dirty doubles.

That would be a great option for the DUMPING double too. If it's going to puke a couple feet overnight would be great to wake up there ready to rock.

scottyb

Getting off the lift
Skier

Couple of my go to sites.

WV residents ski free at the Shoe on Sunday. Potential for snow starting Friday(late) and into early next week.

Last edited:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
What lurks under the cover of night skies? Laurel just before the dawn.

79110940_10104446144472862_5572834961230135296_n.jpg

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Rain coming. Warm at that, 40's at NC mtns (Sugar). What a bummer. http://averyweather.com/Forecast/Sugar+Mountain

We're scratch on Friday night trip up, Sat AM is gonna be nasty. I'm a hard pass on skiing in the Rain. Nope. Then you get the refreeze cycle overnight Saturday. Crust on crust. Ski the East!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rain coming. Warm at that, 40's at NC mtns (Sugar). What a bummer. http://averyweather.com/Forecast/Sugar+Mountain

We're scratch on Friday night trip up, Sat AM is gonna be nasty. I'm a hard pass on skiing in the Rain. Nope. Then you get the refreeze cycle overnight Saturday. Crust on crust. Ski the East!
I don't see a lot of snow making opportunities there either. A few hours here one night, a few hours there another night. Not going to be a lot of terrain open day after Christmas unless Snow Miser shows up around the 20th.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
I don't see a lot of snow making opportunities there either. A few hours here one night, a few hours there another night. Not going to be a lot of terrain open day after Christmas unless Snow Miser shows up around the 20th.
Me either. Can deal with above freezing daytime temps as long as it's somewhat dry, and at or below freezing overnight, but above and rain is no bueno and got another one of those following this one. We're supposed to go to Xmas camp for race team, not sure if that'll happen or not now. None of the race course terrain is open yet. This past weekend the main one was still green grass.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier

Not a big fan of skiing in adolescent snow either but unfortunately I need to be there. I'll be the one in the yellow poncho carrying the umbrella

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Not a big fan of skiing in adolescent snow either but unfortunately I need to be there. I'll be the one in the yellow poncho carrying the umbrella
I "liked" your post out of sympathy/solidarity - I don't like this weather. Alas, it's what we get in the SE. Sunday could be OK if we get a snow/temp miracle overnight Sat - but I doubt it. Sugarfest is gonna be soggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online