• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Game on today! Happy for everyone who gets the first (and probably only) true powder day this season here.

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
I nearly gave myself a heart attack when I discovered that I had left my ski boots in the parking lot at Appalachian Ski Mountain on Friday.
By the time I called the main office, a security guard had already noticed them and brought them inside to lost-and-found. The staff at App are intent on everyone having a good time, even protecting me from myself! Srsly, as a Mountain Host volunteer there this year, I have seen all the staff, on slope, in the shop, or in the kitchen, doing their best for the guests. It's been a pleasure getting to know some of them and to work alongside them a few days this season.
Of course it is a small ski hill, but App is still a great place for learning to ski. They have great folks working there.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I nearly gave myself a heart attack when I discovered that I had left my ski boots in the parking lot at Appalachian Ski Mountain on Friday.
By the time I called the main office, a security guard had already noticed them and brought them inside to lost-and-found. The staff at App are intent on everyone having a good time, even protecting me from myself! Srsly, as a Mountain Host volunteer there this year, I have seen all the staff, on slope, in the shop, or in the kitchen, doing their best for the guests. It's been a pleasure getting to know some of them and to work alongside them a few days this season.
Of course it is a small ski hill, but App is still a great place for learning to ski. They have great folks working there.

And ski for five bucks first weekend of December every year. :cool:

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had a great two days at Beech skiing with my son and attending the grand opening of the new Lees McRae Ski Industry minor classroom on the mountain.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
Been so long since we've had something to get excited about everyone is way out of practice managing and packing gear.

Too much excitement about any snow at all this year. I'll worry about how I get down the mountain after I'm at the top.

CVR was great today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_095321.jpg
    IMG_20200301_095321.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 9

Keith Moon

Booting up
Skier
Had a great time at Sugar last night and Beech this morning. Was able to take my kids down some of the harder runs for the first time. So great to be able to do an impromptu trip after the snowfall we've just had. Here's hoping for a great March.

rocdoc

Getting on the lift
Skier
Lovely spring day at Liberty today. I went late pm so any crowds that might have been there had thinned out. Sticky spring snow with the warm temps, but it was a very nice time. And looking at the forecast, it may have been the last good day at the Southern PA three this season.
592979E4-D1BA-474F-8605-DAC0CD6AD0E9.jpeg

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
Today at Sugar was one of the best of the season. Sun and no snowmakers. The snow stayed great all day. And I remembered to bring my boots home.
They're already in the song I sing to remember stuff to TAKE skiing. Now I need a song to remember stuff to bring BACK from skiing.

SargeSki

Booting up
Skier
Had a great time at Whitetail yesterday, we've been hanging on with the Sunday ski through the season. Crowd was small, lots of open slopes and snowmaking helped tremendously Fri night -Sun morning. Still some brown spots poking through.

Rode up to the Blues with Ski patrol -- they're talking Mar 15 as closing (internally to staff). Was hoping to duck work on Super Tuesday and going skiing instead, but rain keeps pushing to earlier in day. Game of inches now with how long Mid-Atlantic resorts can hang on with warm, wet for a couple of days and no opening to make snow.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wisp was good this weekend. Not nearly as much new snow as SS and CV but still a few leftovers Saturday PM. Sunday was great, especially after it warmed up and the snow softened up a bit.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
This coming Saturday might be the last good day this season. Freezing temps and flurries overnight on Friday in the mountains.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m impressed they held out this long. Now under Vail Resorts management, I wonder if they would still have the pass holders’ BBQ on the last day.

Skied WT today - ghost town. Direct to lift every run. From web cams, yesterday was just as empty. There were a few peeps buying food, so they pulled in some minimal coin.

Local skiing ending with a whimper this year; may get an Ikon day at Snowshoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.