• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Heading down tomorrow to Banner Elk, NC for the Lees-McRae college alumni/parent (I'm the latter) ski weekend at Beech. Never been to Beech, but my son has been teaching there the last two seasons and is also doing an internship on the mountain. Looking forward to seeing his haunts. Supposed to be pretty cold, with even a little snow in the forecast for Saturday.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thinking about heading to Blue Mountain on Friday, anyone going to be around?

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
We spent 3 bluebird days at Snowshoe this weekend. Decent to good coverage given this SNOWLESS winter. They were making snow all day on various spots on the mountain. Very cold Friday am (3*) - slopes were firm and fast, crowds very manageable. We spent the entire afternoon on Cupp and Shays.

Sat was a little warmer, typical weekend crowds. They made snow ALL DAY on Shays. Cupp was fun but got a little too crowded for my liking. I pissed off some lady on the lift by telling my buddy parents should not be "teaching their kids on Cupp on a Saturday". I could have worded it better but honestly, there are a bunch of weekend warriors flying down Lower Cupp and little Johnny is doing the pizza slice at the bottom of the steep section where the trails narrows. That's a recipe for disaster.

Sunday was even better with low crowds, softer snow and not a cloud in the sky. They opened that Berming Man banked trail on Spruce to the public. It was kinda fun to ski the bank.

Given all the snowmaking going on day and night, I believe SS is committed to operating until their scheduled closing date of 3/29/20.
We leave for Snowshoe 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm happy to see they are still making snow every chance they get. I'm just hoping we are on the upside of the yo-yo weather since this will be my wife's first time in skis since 2010.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Heading down tomorrow to Banner Elk, NC for the Lees-McRae college alumni/parent (I'm the latter) ski weekend at Beech. Never been to Beech, but my son has been teaching there the last two seasons and is also doing an internship on the mountain. Looking forward to seeing his haunts. Supposed to be pretty cold, with even a little snow in the forecast for Saturday.
My daughter's looking at App State. She's still a sophomore in high school but dad's already staked a claim on her couch if she goes there LOL.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
Canaan mtn report of 8”+ snow.

it started as rain around 6 last evening then over to snow by 730. Ground was of course thawed.

I'm hoping a day plus of below freezing temps will have things in good shape Friday morning.

Keith Moon

Booting up
Skier

This weekend might be the best of the season (so far) at Beech.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
Haven’t made it up the hill yet. Waiting for the kid to get out of class. Grumble grumble.

I came up behind an accident on friendsville road today morning. Don't they know first chair was in 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.