• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bristol was great yesterday.........................but we just can't get a break from the rain...........................:(.

Should be better tomorrow................

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I got out to Seven Springs yesterday. We met a couple we haven't skied with for a while. Our families shared a few Vermont vacations over the years, nice to catch up with old friends. Seven Springs had the most terrain open yet this season but here it is at the end of January and not all of its snowmaking terrain is open yet. We stayed on the North Face and skied mostly Boulder and North Face as they had the best grooming. Gunnar was slick on the faces but fine on the flats. The rain chased us off the mountain by lunchtime. We retired to ski the Foggy Goggle for lunch and libations. It was a good but short day.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skied a couple hours at Whitetail today from about 1130-2. I probably should have gotten there earlier. Coverage was good on the open trails. Snow was getting a little bit sticky since the temps were in the 40s. I left as it started to drizzle. :(

I was there when the lifts started running and skied until just after noon. I though the conditions were very good overall. The crowds started rolling in around 11 or so. By then I was starting to wind down anyway.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20200125_173712.jpg

Snowshoe on the weekend: just say no.

If anyone got more than 5 runs in before 1pm they were skinning. Ballhooter had double the skier load when the express lift went out. Powder monkey was running stop start every three chairs.

Cupp and Shay's in reasonably good shape.

About an inch of mixed gun snow and precip all over; bitterly cold wind at 7am has noticeably warmed up.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Snowshoe on the weekend: just say no.

Is it me, or does it seems worse this year? We've owned our condo for 15 years and this seems to be the worst I've seen.

Next year, I'm seriously considering taking a few days off each month and skiing SS only Thu and Fri. I could whore out my condo every weekend and use that money to buy a Highlands Pass.

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
Friday was good but wet. Saturday the conditions were great but crazy busy. Went straight to Silver Creek in the morning and did a few runs at the basin, avoiding Ballhooter entirely. Scotty is right. They should put in some new detachables or make Ballhooter an 8-pack.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
What new trails?

There's been some chatter about putting in 2 blue runs over on Western. More than chatter, I think it came from the Snowshoe prez at some meeting.

Powder Monkey was / is slated for the next lift upgrade. Word is SS is waiting on Alterra to release their capital improvement $$ for 20/21 season.

Keith Moon

Booting up
Skier
Any idea what the Powder Monkey upgrade would be? Just replace it with a quad?

Expanding Western sounds great to me.

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
There's been some chatter about putting in 2 blue runs over on Western. More than chatter, I think it came from the Snowshoe prez at some meeting.

Powder Monkey was / is slated for the next lift upgrade. Word is SS is waiting on Alterra to release their capital improvement $$ for 20/21 season.

It would be nice if they could funnel most of the green run traffic from the left side of the mountain to an upgraded Powder Monkey lift. I would love some blues on Western. It would still be plenty uncrowded on that side.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
It would be nice if they could funnel most of the green run traffic from the left side of the mountain to an upgraded Powder Monkey lift. I would love some blues on Western. It would still be plenty uncrowded on that side.

Cupp Run has been a blue trial for at least 20yrs.

scottyb

Getting off the lift
Skier
There has been talk of trails between widow maker and lower ball hooter, that would most likey require a stand alone lift. Also trail potential up onto the hill right of camp 99 and down onto sorey eagle lift.

There are old cuts on the Cupp run side that have been left to grow over. Lot of water management and bridging necessary for that.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
Is it me, or does it seems worse this year? We've owned our condo for 15 years and this seems to be the worst I've seen.

Next year, I'm seriously considering taking a few days off each month and skiing SS only Thu and Fri. I could whore out my condo every weekend and use that money to buy a Highlands Pass.

I don't think it's just SS. Wisp on the last few Sundays has been a madhouse. It actually seemed to be the least crowded on the holiday weekend. Everyone in the mid-atlantic is starved for snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor