• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
If you believe the Charlotte meteorologist who does forecasts for skisoutheast.com, Snowshoe, Canaan, and Wisp may be in for some good snow on Saturday. I am hopeful that I have planned my trip just right; I head out tomorrow afternoon.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you believe the Charlotte meteorologist who does forecasts for skisoutheast.com, Snowshoe, Canaan, and Wisp may be in for some good snow on Saturday. I am hopeful that I have planned my trip just right; I head out tomorrow afternoon.
Humm, looks like Western PA is still showing as rain Saturday. Sunday looks more like snow.. Rain Friday, rain Saturday, snow Sunday. Two degrees colder though and JACKPOT!

Last edited:

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Wonder if it's a question of elevation--or may just be a question of the forecast not being correct! But I hope it is.

Looks like the NWS is onboard for Snow on Sat and Sun. Friday PM seems to be the rain bogey at the shoe.

I hope it stays cold in WPA. I need to log a few more days before my Utah trip in Feb.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone been to Liberty in the last day or 2 and can comment on conditions? If I can get finished at work I may head that way this evening.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looking more like *&$%$#$^'n rain Friday night and Saturday..:nono:

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Many moons ago when I was a teenage me and my friends had to be rescued off that lift when it lost power during night skiing. Quite the experience.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Shoe skied great today, packed pow with odd glare ice here and there to keep you on yer toes. Window maker seemed to have the best whitey.

Multiple F-18 fly overs.

Fist bumps and beers in the parking lot. Lot of cars headed in that direction on the egress.

Those are always cool. Sometimes you see em, sometime not. Got a good look right down the turbines once - insanely close.

Kcip

Booting up
Skier
Skied a couple hours at Whitetail today from about 1130-2. I probably should have gotten there earlier. Coverage was good on the open trails. Snow was getting a little bit sticky since the temps were in the 40s. I left as it started to drizzle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online