• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom675

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Has anyone got the specs (construction, lengths, sidecuts, radiusses) of the 2020 Rossignol React pist skis? Or a link to an online catalogue maybe?

React R8 TI 124/73/110 14meters at 176 (160, 168, 176 and 182) tech LCT TI + Flex tip, Structure MinicapSidewall (not sure what that is) poplar core (red and black ski)
React R8 HP 127/73/111 14@177 (156,163,170,177), tech LCT TI + Flex tip, Structure MinicapSidewall Carbon alloy/poplar core (yellow and black ski )
React R6 seems to be the same as above but without the alloy. carbon/poplar core
React R4123/74/109 13.5@170 146,54,62 and 170 looks to be a cap ski, carbon/poplar.

Blacklab

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Might have missed it above but any signs of the new Lupo HD’s (or pics)?

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
did anybody ski the black pearl 82? thinking grabbing one to pair with my wife's samba for a 2 ski quiver, can't really find any info on how it compares to the 88 and 98.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
did anybody ski the black pearl 82? thinking grabbing one to pair with my wife's samba for a 2 ski quiver, can't really find any info on how it compares to the 88 and 98.
If you can wait a few days @Tricia will get on it Wednesday

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is not 1600 grams light but lighter than the outgoing model. I would say low 2000gr range. As far as more anatomical that really depends on the foot. The liner is all new and the toe box is much larger.

For me, that larger toe box is good news, should I move in that direction. The previous version fit me fine except seemed to have no space for my toes - more than any other comparable boot I tried on.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is not 1600 grams light but lighter than the outgoing model. I would say low 2000gr range. As far as more anatomical that really depends on the foot. The liner is all new and the toe box is much larger.
Did you happen to notice if that much larger toe box is much larger as in with a blunt rounded shape bottom of an egg and not the elongated cone shape of the eggs top?
Something I'd desparately like to see Tecnica improve on of the 18/19 Zero G boots which are great across the metatarsals but quickly goes south from there, much too pointy narrowing at the front:(

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anything on the Volkl Mantra 102?

A friend is kind of a life-long Volkl guy, and these just might be the perfect step up from his RTM 84s.

Africa

Booting up
Skier
Any confirmation on a Kendo 92, in addition to the new Kendo 88? It's in their 19-20 catalogue. @Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anything on the Volkl Mantra 102?

A friend is kind of a life-long Volkl guy, and these just might be the perfect step up from his RTM 84s.

Any confirmation on a Kendo 92, in addition to the new Kendo 88? It's in their 19-20 catalogue. @Philpug
Tried to get on these at Copper...none were available. Rep could not make it to the Mammoth show due to weather and road closures. These are priority skis for me at Snowbasin this week.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I plan on skiing my 2015 Kenjas until they fall apart or otherwise delaminate but I was wondering how the 2020 Kenja 88 compared to my older model. What I like about my 2015 is it's prowess in hard pack but still versatile. I know I'll eventually have to replace them but would love to replace them to something somewhat similar.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I plan on skiing my 2015 Kenjas until they fall apart or otherwise delaminate but I was wondering how the 2020 Kenja 88 compared to my older model. What I like about my 2015 is it's prowess in hard pack but still versatile. I know I'll eventually have to replace them but would love to replace them to something somewhat similar.
I owned the 2016s and the 2020s ARE better, still a stiff, serious ski with a bit more playful side to it and a touch easier in soft chop and crud. They were a HOOT on the groomers. What I love about the Kenjas is their ease in turn initiation.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I owned the 2016s and the 2020s ARE better, still a stiff, serious ski with a bit more playful side to it and a touch easier in soft chop and crud. They were a HOOT on the groomers. What I love about the Kenjas is their ease in turn initiation.

Thanks. I actually prefer my 2015's to the 2016's. My 2015's are 87 underfoot and I really like that in regard to the hard pack. I was hoping the 2020's were closer to that aspect of the 2015s. The 2020s sound like a great ski. Can't wait to demo them.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Same feeling as the BP88, quicker to edge. Fun ski! Not sure how it would do on serious hard pack, as there was none to be found. But for morning corduroy, they were a ton of fun! SUPER easy to ski, but not whimpy by any stretch. Again, just like the BP88.

Hostilebynature

Booting up
Skier
Any news on if Oakley figured out their issues with their React goggles and when it's being released?

Sponsor

Staff online