• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

lrn2swim

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The Liberty VMT Ws are beautiful. Super rich colors.

My favs that I've seen so far for next year have to be this new line from Armada. Not sure what skis they are but they look great!
upload_2019-1-24_14-50-48.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Isn't there a ski with topo map contour lines on them? I thought that was cool.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Those Secrets have to be in the running for worst topsheets OTY. Leopard print?? Looks like a 90 yr old ladies purse. I like the mint colored tip but that's about it. Also, what's up with the graphics for the entire 7 series from Rossi? Sooooo ugly. They going for the camo dirt skiing look? Maybe I just don't like earth tones on my skis
2020%20volkl_secret_skis.jpg
I like the Volkls, they look like they want to be trout.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's cool... but I could swear I've seen a pic of a different one recently.
And it was a pretty damn good ski..before it fell apart. It was one of the last old Blizzards..before Tecnica Group bought them.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Those are very cool... but I'm thinking dark color with bright topo lines
Might have been a Nordica? I recall seeing something along those lines.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I believe Praxis has/had a Tahoe area topo topsheet option.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Those Secrets have to be in the running for worst topsheets OTY. Leopard print?? Looks like a 90 yr old ladies purse. I like the mint colored tip but that's about it. Also, what's up with the graphics for the entire 7 series from Rossi? Sooooo ugly. They going for the camo dirt skiing look? Maybe I just don't like earth tones on my skis
2020_rossignol_7_skis.jpg
2020%20volkl_secret_skis.jpg
I've been trying to get used to the army green look in many of the skis and boots the past few years, but I guess its a thing we'll have to deal with for a year or two.
Mostly, this is an interesting observation -
I love that everyone here doesn't "care about graphics at all", yet almost every comment is about the graphics and how wrong the manufacturers got it. It almost seems like you do care. Almost.
Like we've said in the past, graphics won't necessarily sell a ski but they may stop a sale, depending on the person.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The K2 Mindbender is going to be the class leader in this show down.

That is quite the accolade from a team that generally has an “most skis are good skis for the right skier” approach. I finally got to check them out at the shop tonight and I’m digging the shape and flex!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is quite the accolade from a team that generally has an “most skis are good skis for the right skier” approach. I finally got to check them out at the shop tonight and I’m digging the shape and flex!
I've skied the 88 the past two days up against the Nordica Proto Santa Ana 88 and while I believe there are skiers for whom the Santa Ana 88 is a better choice, the Mindbender 88 Ti Alliance is good, really good.

Edit: I have several ski tests to attend in the next month, but the early skis I've skied so far are "next level" kind of good.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ease and comfort are the only ways to get larger numbers of newcomers to stay in the sport. "The grip on icy slopes is as good as in racing skis", however, is a pretty bold claim.

Sponsor