• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since some on snows started..here are some more pics...

LL27kezEQpal1jAHy16lAw.jpg

Dynastar 4x4 returned

AXyMD0TtRbSS%TncXl0Kkw.jpg

Atomic Vantage Collection has expanded down

stISuIRjSoWfFYtjzL29Lw.jpg

BEnt Chetler Collection

6EfhEM4UTsG5MGSaX9VSbw.jpg

Redsters X7 and X9 now have a Wide counterpart

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m loving the Line Pandora...whichever width is the wider one, with more dark blue. GORGEOUS!

In the lady graphics thread, I waxed poetic around how Line nails the graphics on the Pandora, and it's going back all the way since it was a 115 powder ski (eh, 2009 & 2010 left a little to be desired). Armada Victas are also really nice.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So these Line Visions... I'm excited. Like the Pandoras, like everything I heard about the Sick Day Tourist (RIP) & can finally handle a ski that long.

And "Line Vision 2020" has a clever ring to it.

But are they going one-and-done again? Or does it just get worse every year (2020 Vision might be perfect, 2021 is probably a little weaker...)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Graphics? Stockli :micdrop:
IMG_0017.JPG

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
There seems to be a second Elan catalog with more details that has different ski models than what I originally posted: https://issuu.com/mountainblogit/docs/elan_ski_catalog_2019_20_gb_mr

There is also an unlisted YouTube video (more of an advertisement):

Sounds and looks A LOT like their ALU Blade technology from the Spectrum series of Elan skis a few years back (replaced in favor of the Ripstick series). Unless the asymmetrical inclusions are something other than aluminum. I could ttell on my phone. I still own and really enjoy the Spectrum 105 ALU (Amphibio)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m gonna put my wager on a 93, just to up the ante on a Santa Ana/Black Pearl showdown.
I think it's in the low 80s, actually. I want one with some metal in it, personally. :)

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think it's in the low 80s, actually. I want one with some metal in it, personally. :)

Ah, that's probably best. 78 needs some assistance in terms of holding things down on the narrow side of the scale. I'm guessing the new SA 88 is already on your radar? I'm super intrigued to see how those do!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, that's probably best. 78 needs some assistance in terms of holding things down on the narrow side of the scale. I'm guessing the new SA 88 is already on your radar? I'm super intrigued to see how those do!
The Mindbender 88 Alliance and SA 88 are both on my radar, HOWEVER, I did just pick up a pair of Volkl Secrets because I demoed them for two full days at Targhee and really, REALLY liked them, and I don't want to wait for the others. I ski 4-5 days per week, so, I'm impatient LOL!

But, I'll get on both those skis and any others I can or that people want to hear more about, next month. :D

lrn2swim

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Not sure if a one-stop list like this has been posted yet: https://www.evo.com/discover/ski/gear-preview - I for one am STOKED on a Secret 102.

Also, I'd like to make a motion for a people's choice award for best and worst graphics. Ski preferences are beautifully diverse based on where we ski, our bodies and abilities, but at least with topsheets we can all come together over the fact that the guitar trees on the Bents are freaking weird.

Those Secrets have to be in the running for worst topsheets OTY. Leopard print?? Looks like a 90 yr old ladies purse. I like the mint colored tip but that's about it. Also, what's up with the graphics for the entire 7 series from Rossi? Sooooo ugly. They going for the camo dirt skiing look? Maybe I just don't like earth tones on my skis
2020_rossignol_7_skis.jpg
2020%20volkl_secret_skis.jpg

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those Secrets have to be in the running for worst topsheets OTY. Leopard print?? Looks like a 90 yr old ladies purse. I like the mint colored tip but that's about it. Also, what's up with the graphics for the entire 7 series from Rossi? Sooooo ugly. They going for the camo dirt skiing look? Maybe I just don't like earth tones on my skis
2020_rossignol_7_skis.jpg
2020%20volkl_secret_skis.jpg

I agree with the dirty Rossi's but I like the 102 Secret's

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Liberty VMT Ws are beautiful. Super rich colors.

Sponsor