• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2019-2020 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
@nay did they fly right over your house?

Didn’t even hear them, although I was working in the garage most of the day - 2 year old projects that never get done due to ski season. The organization is top shelf (literally).

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Stay at home order is ending on the 26th (replaced by Safer at Home) and I guess we’ll see if ski area closure order effective through the 30th gets renewed or expires.

Imagine the shit-show A-Basin is going to be if the closure is not extended, although they aren’t saying that Ikon would be active. Wonder how that one works?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Stay at home order is ending on the 26th (replaced by Safer at Home) and I guess we’ll see if ski area closure order effective through the 30th gets renewed or expires.

Imagine the shit-show A-Basin is going to be if the closure is not extended, although they aren’t saying that Ikon would be active. Wonder how that one works?

:popcorn:

Meanwhile...

IMG_20200421_122545576_HDR.jpg
Nice ski deep cream cheese.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
:popcorn:

Meanwhile...

View attachment 100530
Nice ski deep cream cheese.

Nice! It’s weird, I’ve been heading south for MTB time and can’t get my head back into skiing. I will 100% go if A-Basin can reopen, but it’s hard to keep up that stoke right now. The riding OTOH has been outstanding.
CDD817E4-DBEB-468B-A2E3-8DA7CBC53582.jpeg
A709EB00-7B95-4FC6-A39A-C4E4FFA62C86.jpeg
657664B1-E189-4ACD-850E-9526A104365F.jpeg

Oh BTW, Backcountry has/had Shifts on sale at 35% off. I picked up a set for my youngest son. Christmas I suppose...

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC

Debbie Downer here: AFAIK, CO ski areas are still required to be closed until May 31st per state order.

I bet that changes fairly quickly and some resorts are back open by mid May. As states start opening things up tomorrow, I think more states will feel compelled to cautiously follow suit. I understand the risk but I'd much rather be around others outside, with gloves, goggles and possibly a mask on, then what has been allowed at Lowes the past month which regularly has at least 5x the largest number of people I've ever seen there prior to Covid. At least in our area, it's been Christmas in April at the big box stores as everyone's been getting paid to stay home and work on their home projects.

Reactions: nay

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
At least in our area, it's been Christmas in April at the big box stores as everyone's been getting paid to stay home and work on their home projects.
Here too , its nuts. My wife is wanting to redo the bathroom, but we will not go into the stores. Way too many people.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_20200425_140552603_HDR_crop.jpg
The same old clear cut, but a different part of the hill because of some warm weather 'waves' that were frozen in the usual ski zone.

A couple inches of sun warmed fresh over a firm, grippy surface. It was good enough to repeat. A beautiful day.

IMG_20200425_130826658_HDR.jpg

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Did the resorts give a reason why they decided to stop tracking snowfall after closing? Same with the snow apps. Were they worried it would cause civil unrest by just continuing to show statistics? Given that I don't live out there I spend much of the season entertaining myself by looking at snowfall data, web cams, etc so maybe I'm in a different place than the locals but seeing stats, even if I know I can't partake, gives me hope of better days to come so it's a bummer we don't get to see what their season totals are so far. NBD but just curious why they cut that off.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Did the resorts give a reason why they decided to stop tracking snowfall after closing? Same with the snow apps. Were they worried it would cause civil unrest by just continuing to show statistics? Given that I don't live out there I spend much of the season entertaining myself by looking at snowfall data, web cams, etc so maybe I'm in a different place than the locals but seeing stats, even if I know I can't partake, gives me hope of better days to come so it's a bummer we don't get to see what their season totals are so far. NBD but just curious why they cut that off.
I would guess it was to discourage people from flocking to the mountains. After the mobs of people descending on Loveland, Berthoud, Jones and Hoosier passes, I expect those in charge of the areas were justifiably spooked.

Despite the closure of Breck and signs indicating that you should not access the ski area, there are lines all over the mountain. Peak 7 through Peak 10. Only Peak 6 appears devoid of skiers.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I would guess it was to discourage people from flocking to the mountains. After the mobs of people descending on Loveland, Berthoud, Jones and Hoosier passes, I expect those in charge of the areas were justifiably spooked.

Despite the closure of Breck and signs indicating that you should not access the ski area, there are lines all over the mountain. Peak 7 through Peak 10. Only Peak 6 appears devoid of skiers.

Joel of Open Snow has posted, "I am not calling out accumulations at specific mountains based on requests from local town officials that want to limit the number of people that come to town to seek powder." So I assume it's the same.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Ok, I guess that makes sense. With all of the weather apps out there I figured anyone geared up for the backcountry would still have access to that information but I can understand resorts not wanting to contribute.

I use CAIC but I have not been out at all since Feb.

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier
A basin refunded our Mid may lift tickets. They emailed saying they were issuing refunds for all pre-purchased lift tickets sold through their scheduled closing date of June 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online