• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2019-2020 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Huh -- Mountain ops rotated the Chets camera so we can actually see progress on Catwalk. What a novel idea :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
only jerrys ski the abay WROD on opening weekend. dont go...

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
only jerrys ski the abay WROD on opening weekend. dont go...

YMMV, but I don't consider the likes of Burke or Green Mountain ski teams Jerrys. Both of whom have been at opening weekend at my home hill.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
YMMV, but I don't consider the likes of Burke or Green Mountain ski teams Jerrys. Both of whom have been at opening weekend at my home hill.

Are they skiing the WROD though? Or their own training slopes? (Not that I approve of calling other skiers jerrys when there's no actual proof - preferably in the form of funny videos - that they're jerrys... :D)

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Any coach that allows team members to join the free for all that is the Abay WROD is not a good coach imo. Unless sending them out there is some form of brutal training that I am unaware of?

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Are they skiing the WROD though? Or their own training slopes?

Both. They buy lane time, and then freeski the WROD outside of it.

Any coach that allows team members to join the free for all that is the Abay WROD is not a good coach imo.

Abasin isn't my home hill -- Loveland is. Misread your original post -- apologies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Both. They buy lane time, and then freeski the WROD outside of it.

Abasin isn't my home hill -- Loveland is. Misread your original post -- apologies.
Brings up another question.... how's the Loveland WROD compared to A-Basin? Is it on Tempest? Mambo?

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Brings up another question.... how's the Loveland WROD compared to A-Basin? Is it on Tempest? Mambo?

Superior in every way except that it opens a few days later typically.

More vert (717ft vs 990), wider run, longer run, better snow quality, less lines, cheaper beer, better race teams to watch.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

LL is terrible. No one should ski there. Everyone should go to A-Basin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor