• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Yeah, that sounds nice...until the "sport" becomes more like skating downhill on a tilted sheet of ice trying to slalom around patches of bare ground.

I'm no stranger to pushing the envelope; here in NW CT I've xc skied on a combo of snow, mud, and leaves many times. But I don't have to pay money to do that.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know, but we have fun on ice and crap.
We look at it as crowd control.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll take ice. Not fond of bare ground, though.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Normally it's takes a couple of grooms following a rain/freeze cycle to get back to a decent surface.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Normally it's takes a couple of grooms following a rain/freeze cycle to get back to a decent surface.
Agree completely. However it looks like they will get lots of practice with another cycle coming in this weekend and early next week. At least there looks like a good stretch of snowmaking weather after that.

James

Out There
Instructor
The good news is... It’s not the mid-atlantic.
Frozen after wet groomed is foot massaging.

Reminds me of the first time I roller bladed over the Brooklyn Bridge. The surface is boards laid across the path. Going uphill from Brooklyn everything was fine. On the downhill portion into Manhattan I’m now going over a lot of board gaps quickly. All those vibrations made my feet go numb and sort of fall asleep. I can’t remember if my skates at that time had no heel brake. I just remember trying to slow down with paralyzed feet was not easy. Like Kramer roller blading hurtling downhill. Somehow I made it with out falling or taking anyone out.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:nono:

James

Out There
Instructor
If I go to VT it will rain. If I stay home, it will snow. I am staying home.
You all are welcome.
Why don’t you go down to Florida? Then it’ll dump snow. Festivus is coming, you could shop for an aluminum pole.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We need to understand the joy of the actual sport itself, not the snow conditions. – Glen Plake

I'm sure if we set up a spying operation we'd see Grump's loyal grasshoppers all out on the hill freezing and spazzing while he watches them through a big picture window in the bar, "understanding the joy of the actual sport itself."

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Heading to Stratton tonight....

EDIT to add: :yahoo:

Should be a good day tomorrow with a couple of other folks on here. If anyone else is going to be there and wants to meet up, PM me! Planning to ski Saturday too... but the weather looks a little iffy, but improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.