• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Last edited:

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Central/South Jersey. The Central Jersey Ski & Snowboard Club is showing this years Warren Miller film, Timeless in Red Bank, NJ
December 4th @ 7:00pm

So far we have the 2 for 1 Killington offer, and it looks like we are getting the Sugarbush offer as well. (Still working on the other mountains).

If anyone has contacts for Smuggs, Gore, Whieface, Belleayre, or Windam, please let me know, I'm hoping to get approval to get looped into their regional Warren Miller ticket offers.

Stratton threw in 2 tickets for a door prize, and we picked up some door prizes from Free the Powder, GrassSticks, Shady Rays, and others.
..shaping up to be a great event...

http://www.centraljerseyskiclub.com/Trips-Events/Warren-Miller-Movie

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm disappointed that Killington won't be offering the buy one get one deals this early season.

"We are not going to be offering the early season buy one get one ticket deal this year. However, we will be offering discounted tickets on our e-store at Killington.com/tickets".

Last edited:

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier

The guns are blazing right now at Killington! This is from their North Ridge webcam. Thoughts on when they could open?

Exciting News,
The time has come—the longest season in the East kicks off Sunday, November 3 at 11:00 a.m. for Season Pass, Express Card, and IKON Pass holders only and Monday, November 4 at 9:00 a.m. for the general public, weather permitting.

Monday ticket window prices will be:

• $59 for adults
  • $50 for seniors
  • $45 for youth

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
This is not nearly as exciting as Killington opening today but I still think it's pretty exciting. Magic is making progress on our new black chair quad. Still hoping for a Christmas opening.

Latest on quad development. Tower bases have all been formed with concrete and towers/tower tops should be ready to fly on Tuesday with winds/weather permitting. For that day, there will be no traffic allowed on the mountain (hikers, vehicles) or in the air (no drones). We will open the Black Line Tavern for viewing all day with entry only through the lower lodge doors near Lot A. No one will be allowed outside the lodge or beyond the deck area on the mountain side for safety reasons. There will be no traffic into Lot B, and controlled traffic into/out of the Trailside Condos as Lot B will be landing-takeoff area for the helicopter.

I have to work but I'm trying to convince Michael to head back up here tomorrow night so he'll be here Tuesday for the excitement.

Here's a pic I took this am. Starting to look like a chair lift :)

73533029_10156870635203014_8300057344998375424_n.jpg

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Albany ski and craft beer expo is November 2 and 3. May check that out.
Did you make it? The show has been disappointing lately but for some reason this year was better. I stopped by to say hello to Magic. I complained about the high age for the senior discount. She was a solid rep for the mountain.

Last edited:
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Did you make it? The show has been disappointing lately but for some reason this year was better. I stopped by to say hello to Magic. I complained about the high age for the senior discount. She was a solid rep for the mountain.

We made it and had a great time. Lots of vendors and we chatted with them, looked at some goods, bought yeti mugs, had some beer and even won a pair of sunglasses in the raffle. It was fun.

I believe Kerry was manning the Magic table. She's hilarious and a great person to boot.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Not sure how often you make it to magic but I get $39 discount tickets. Let me know if you are interested.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Very interested.

I made it up four or five times last year. First time there was in the late 60s but I can only remember 1971 because it was an exceptional day. One of New England's finest.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just got back. Quite remarkable. The pilot driving the heli with his head out the window wearing a pink helmet. He seemed to have no fear. Up top the wind was blowing, but he kept it steady and made it look easy.

I was expecting rides but no such luck. I only knew a few people. It was raining a bit and snowing at the top.

I wonder how much it cost to lift those towers into place? This is going to be a good thing. The new trail looks... radical.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I just got back. Quite remarkable. The pilot driving the heli with his head out the window wearing a pink helmet. He seemed to have no fear. Up top the wind was blowing, but he kept it steady and made it look easy.

I was expecting rides but no such luck. I only knew a few people. It was raining a bit and snowing at the top.

I wonder how much it cost to lift those towers into place? This is going to be a good thing. The new trail looks... radical.

Thanks for the report. Our friend's unit was in view of some of the fly over area but their cam only caught so much. Social media has some good close up photos. I know it cost a lot for today. The helicopters weren't available for some time because they were being used for rescue/food delivery missions post hurricane in the Caribbean. Snowing at the top woot..............................

Bromley starts blowing snow thursday night and Magic should be pretty soon too. Planned opening day is 11/30. Come on down on 11/29 for Ullrfest, it'll be a blast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online