• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are talking about heading down on Wednesday if anyone os going to be around.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
20191113_112003.jpg
@Philpug, @Tricia, and I took a quick trip down to Mammoth on Wednesday. We were a bit surprised how many cars were there (we had to park down the road towards Mill lodge) but the lift line was pretty much ski on. Broadway, Andy's Double Gold, Rusty's, and Silver Tip were open. The snow got pretty chopped up and spring like quickly and there were several brown spots starting to appear, along with some pebbles. We probably could have busted out the lawn mower in a few spots too.:eek:

Overall it was worth the drive. If you haven't driven from Reno to Mammoth it's a pretty trip. However, if they don't get some colder weather and/or snow pretty quickly it's going to be a rough go over the next week or so.

Last edited:

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Overall it was worth the drive. If you haven't driven from Reno to Mammoth it's a pretty trip. However, if they don't get some colder weather and/or snow pretty quickly it's going to be a rough go over the next week or so.

Not much action in this forum. I was at Mammoth last Wed/Thurs and skied with @Andy Mink @Philpug @Tricia @Hillary (hope I got name and person right) and with @Bob Yoder (who had skied every day Mammoth had been open) both days. I drove to Mammoth via So. Tahoe with a stop at Sly Park Reservoir for a quick mountain bike ride and returned via Tioga Pass with a stop in Yosemite for pictures at Olmstead Point and a hike to sequoias from Tuolumne Grove trailhead. I was trying to get as get as much time on the snow as I had in the car, but think I did not quite make it although I rode chair 1 twenty-five times on Wed from 9:30-2:30 (when I rode mountain bike down single-track to town and shuttled back) and I think I had twenty-six chair rides on Thurs between 8:30 and 12:30. For more details and pictures, see http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14098

Last edited:

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
so... it looks as though I am gonna be able to ski this winta... :beercheer:
so... maybe even in Dec...
Does anyone have any intel on runs Mammoth is planning/hoping to have open by Beginning Dec?
gotta get some turns in while I'm able...
bueller?
so my Q... a moot point...
have a nice winter

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
So that's the new sign, which is what, 24 feet tall? So Mammoth already has like 15 feet or so up top?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
^^^
So that's the new sign, which is what, 24 feet tall? So Mammoth already has like 15 feet or so up top?
new sign is 19'6"
has bands @ 4', 8', & 12'
with drifts snow looks to be at almost 8' mark

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 9.24.45 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 9.26.08 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid