• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2018 Volkl Yumi Skis 168cm - in GREAT SHAPE with bindings

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've decided I really don't need these so I'm selling them. I'm trying to diversity my quiver a tiny bit. I bought these as lightly used demos in a few months ago and they are ready for their new home. These came from Ski Essentials so that should speak volumes as to the condition they are in. They are in amazing shape and come with Marker Griffon fully adjustable demo bindings.

Here's a little about the Yumi. The new 2018 Yumi isn't the same as the old one; IT'S WAY BETTER with the additional of a Titanal Band that sits above the Multi-Layer WoodCore that drives extra energy, edge hold and stability to the ski, while adding little extra weight. The Volkl Yumi is a favorite ski for a broad range of skiers. Rocker in the tip and tail with camber underfoot provides you with easy turn entry and easy turn exit, with enough grip and rebound to tackle firm Back East slopes. The 84mm waist loves to carve medium radius turns on the frontside of the mountain with the flotation to help to challenge yourself in the bumps and dip into the trees on occasion.
  • Multi-Layer WoodCore
  • Titanal Band
  • Moderate Tip and Tail Taper
  • Full Sidewalls
I'm just looking to get what I paid for these which is $382 with shipping included. NOTE: The Yumi is unchanged except for graphics for 2019 so if you are looking for a Yumi with Titanal, this is your chance for a really good deal!!!!

I'm in CT and love a road trip so I can knock some $$ off the price if we meet somewhere.

Please post any questions here or send me a PM if interested.

38199997_10155802460528014_2427997917835952128_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to get someone to get these. She's 5'4' and light though. Wondering if these would be too long for the Midwest. If she skied more in U.P. where there is more snow, would work for sure. She's a lower intermediate skier, but getting better, now that knees and shoulders have been fixed.

For the most part I like the Yumi line for Wisconsin. @Philpug and @Tricia any insights?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
For reference, I'm 5'5", not heavy, and skied these in the 161 for testing on two separate occasions, and would not have wanted to go longer. I don't want to kill the sale, but 168 I think, particularly for a lower-intermediate, and not on big mountains, would be a bit much.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So Amy, how about a 5'8", 150lb woman -- careful level 5+/6?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
For reference, I'm 5'5", not heavy, and skied these in the 161 for testing on two separate occasions, and would not have wanted to go longer. I don't want to kill the sale, but 168 I think, particularly for a lower-intermediate, and not on big mountains, would be a bit much.

Thank you for the info. I probably recommend a different ski then. The tried and true Head Joy series.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm a very solid 5'''6" and would never be called light or petite and these are the perfect length for me. I know people shorter than me that like skis in this size. Much of it I think boils down to personal preference and ability. @tch I'm an intermediate, am shorter than your friend but weigh more and this length is good for me. I wouldn't consider 150 lightweight and with her height I think the 168 is a good length.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a very solid 5'''6" and would never be called light or petite and these are the perfect length for me. I know people shorter than me that like skis in this size. Much of it I think boils down to personal preference and ability. @tch I'm an intermediate, am shorter than your friend but weigh more and this length is good for me. I wouldn't consider 150 lightweight and with her height I think the 168 is a good length.
I agree. They're fairly easy to ski, too.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought these in 161 for my 12 year old daughter. See https://www.pugski.com/threads/skis-for-daughter-part-2.7224/ for more details, although I'll note that she's now closer to 5'7" than 5'5". I was a little concerned that the added Titanal would make then too stiff, but she's bending them just fine. She looked very confident skiing black runs on them at Mt Hutt (NZ) last week and declared that they are "good for carving" to me at one point.

Btw, these are great looking skis. The photos don't do them justice.

Reactions: BC.
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I bought these in 161 for my 12 year old daughter. See https://www.pugski.com/threads/skis-for-daughter-part-2.7224/ for more details, although I'll note that she's now closer to 5'7" than 5'5". I was a little concerned that the added Titanal would make then too stiff, but she's bending them just fine. She looked very confident skiing black runs on them at Mt Hutt (NZ) last week and declared that they are "good for carving" to me at one point.

Glad your daughter is enjoying them. I'll take a few more close up photos of the top sheets and the immaculate bases as well. They are indeed a good looking ski. I hope someone can give them a good home.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Both of my daughters (16/17) ski the Yumi. They have the early generation Yumi without metal. I first bought them based on our shop Volkl rep Chris Bremer’s recommendation. He had his daughter on them..so I figured they must be good for a teenager.

I can say that the Yumi has made my daughters better skiers....and they have enjoyed them at a bunch of places both here in the East and out West.

This is a great ski for women of all ages...especially now with metal.

Sponsor

Staff online