• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
What a great start to the Gathering! We got up to Snowbasin a little late due to the access road situation:

acess road.jpg

Started the day with @JohnL @mdf @Tony S @KevinF @Gary Stolt @SKI-3PO lapping the John Paul chair. There was some great snow under the chair, and JohnL and I found a great little steep pitch that we were maybe the 10th and 11th skiiers down. Many thanks to JohnL for guiding us around into some pow.

beginning of the day.jpg

We ran into Tim and his brother-in-law and he was nice enough to show us some nice spots also under JP. The group was definitely starting to gather.

starting to gather.jpg

Post lunch we were really rolling deep.
we make our own crowd.jpg
We made our way over to Strawberry Express, we were really creating our own traffic at this point. We split off into some groups, hit another run on Strawberry and then went back over to the frontside when we heard the Allen Peak tram was open.

Didn't talke any photos, but we fround some nice soft snow off the top. @Unpiste and I hit two more great laps on the tram and then another two on John Paul. The snow right under the chair up top had all filled back in, some great low-angle fluff for the last run of the day!! Stoked for more!

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
I'm so bummed that I missed out! And I can't make it tomorrow either :(. Maybe I'll be able to scrounge up enough change to get a day pass to see you guys at Alta or snowbird... Maybe.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Looks like a great time was had over at Snowbasin.
I was outvoted 8-0 and went to Powder Mountain (Awesome!!!! Day!!!!). Okay, it was our group plan since several had never been there.
Will definitely be at Snowbasin tomorrow.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Wow, what a day. Great snow, great vibe, fine folk. Good to see old friends and meet new ones. So nice to see the fires still burning and that's on Phil and Tricia. Thank you @Jim Kenney for being our guide. We would have never found that run off the tram. You really kicked some kids ass today too. You made their day, mine too. As always, great shots.