• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Michel at Snowbird Center while we picked up our passes. Wicked windy but the storm hasn't arrived yet.
Storm arrived Midvale at 10pm Sat. I was at the Bird at same time as you. But tried without luck to get tickets at the ticket office in the Cliff Lodge.

Here's the deal for those using a seasons pass (Premium or Gold only at MCP areas eg Squaw, Mammoth,Aspen, JH etc)
These give you half price but both Snowbird and Alta say you can't prepurchase your ticket ahead of time. You have to go to the Alta ( i checked Alta also) or Snowbird ticket office the day you ski.

Only wiggle room seems to be you can purchase the next day in the afternoon the day before.

Note: You can still get the regular MCP passes with 2 free days in advance. That's a different animal..

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It appears to be snowing at more than an inch an hour right now. Temps are forecast to crash to around 8 at 8500 feet later in the day, so be prepared, because with wind chill, brrrrrr.
GetOneShot

Last edited:

BobMc

In line for the tram
Skier
The second pic looks like Jim Kenney, I was wondering why I didn't see him and Vince in the tram line this morning.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You know someone HAD to take a photo of this. Quite possibly the nicest bathrooms I've ever been in. 20180304_143914.jpg 20180304_143853.jpg 20180304_143834.jpg

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We got on Needles Gondola right after it opened and lapped middle bowl chair. The snow was boot deep and deeper on different aspects. The first couple runs were untracked heaven. Today was the best skiing my son and I haver ever experienced. It is still snowing. Tomorrow morning could be very good. It was whiteout conditions off Strawberry today. Hoping it's clear tomorrow. Snowbasin Resort and their staff have been phenomenal.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Great day at Snowbasin today. I kinda sorta guided some folks around and they were all wonderful:)

A few of them were not too well versed in POWDER and since the groomers all had 4-8in of fresh on top of them they did fantastic:thumb:

Most of the group heading out in the AM.

IMG_6771.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.